Game 67

House Targaryen

Soph, I expected you to be more frustrated when you found out Hoare was a filthy Baelish. :lol:

You me and Lany had them all in our sights, we just wouldn't listen to one another :cry:

Awwww :grouphug:

Well I confess I like being at least a little bit right. That matters more to me than whether I win or lose.

I will try to listen to the right people next time.

ETA (since spoilers not up yet): Hoare and Tarth's distancing really surpassed what I expected even of Mentat-style distancing! I should have spent more time looking at that and at least entertained the thought, but I was really hung up on Tarth's day 1 playstyle being so ideal for the innocents, where the real innocents bumbled around not getting votes on anyone when they should and stuff like that. I even read Appleton as a possible symp and rejected the idea because he didn't seem to be doing anything to help Tarth on day 2.

I don't know how you did it, but that was the most perfectly choreographed game ever, with the recruitment of the hapless Brune unknowingly into the evil team, the FM and symp coordinating the sacrifice of one FM for the other, and the dead FM and the dead symp manipulating the live innocents...

You'd be amazed how little planning went into it, from our end. We just layed into each other.

Spidey, on the other hand, was awesome.

You'd be amazed how little planning went into it, from our end. We just layed into each other.

Spidey, on the other hand, was awesome.

Thx. ;)

It was a moment of inspiration, after which everything went smoothly. And it wouldn't have been possible without your distancing in the first place.

How much of our distancing was planned? Well, here's some quotes on the subject from the killers forum (hope Mentat doesn't mind):

A classic, from early day 1 (the first thing Mentat said apart from "hi"):

I think chilling out might help us more than heavy distancing.

Early day 2:

Though I'm a big friend of distancing (as you may have noticed :P) I think in this game a survivalist tactic might help us better.

If we go at each other's throats too much we could end up getting lynched, but if you want to go for that I could play it (you'd be getting a hearty counter-attack, though :P).

Not planned at all. It just kind of happened. :P

One thing I dislike I was lynched for almost same reasons for which I I was lynched in previous game, and innocent again. I know Soph haven't read that previous game and Lany probably haven't read also, and Slick was guilty as hell... well, perhaps I have no reason to complain. :)

One thing I dislike I was lynched for almost same reasons for which I I was lynched in previous game, and innocent again. I know Soph haven't read that previous game and Lany probably haven't read also, and Slick was guilty as hell... well, perhaps I have no reason to complain. :)

I was praying for your lynch after you claimed soldier. :lol:

When Myre switched away from you I was ---> :tantrum:

I might remember...but damn. I should have given you more credit with the claim. It was such an afterthought, and you are better than that...but everytime I thought "maybe" you attacked me again. :lol:

Every time someone said "Mentat's distancing is usually very strong", or words to that effect, I nearly had a heart attack.

You'd have been alarmed how close I got.... and then I didn't (you were too good).

I don't know if you can read this, but it says:

"If Tarth guilty, most likely symp Liddle [oops], most likely partners would be Appleton, or Hoare* [with a big square box around]" below that is has possible partners for Tarth if symp is Drumm, or Appleton. Your name pops up on all of them and I put the boxes there because the distancing pattern fitted, as did my suspicions. The final line is if there is no symp, and your name is there first, but no square box.

Trouble was, I couldn't bring myself to think Tarth was guilty.

* In fact I just noticed I wrote under your name "best distancing" :lol:

You'd have been alarmed how close I got.... and then I didn't (you were too good).

I don't know if you can read this, but it says:

"If Tarth guilty, most likely symp Liddle [oops], most likely partners would be Appleton, or Hoare* [with a big square box around]" below that is has possible partners for Tarth if symp is Drumm, or Appleton. Your name pops up on all of them and I put the boxes there because the distancing pattern fitted, as did my suspicions. The final line is if there is no symp, and your name is there first, but no square box.

Trouble was, I couldn't bring myself to think Tarth was guilty.

* In fact I just noticed I wrote under your name "best distancing" :lol:

If you'd only back yourself on the thread.... :stunned:

Archived