Back

Chest and Bis

Rest

Legs

Shoulders and Tris

Rest

Rest

This is what I would do.

Okay--and I'm assuming rest means for a day, not for like four minutes right? So on a day where you only do back, is it possible to get 40 minutes in? Or do you pad that with cardio? I try to get about 45 minutes.

Brad, I have not started the cleanse. It has not arrived. Kinda pissed about it. I ordered it a week early. I think I might just go buy something different at GNC this afternoon.

Oh, I know...Krista isn't pleased either, and let the folks at distribution know about it. Not sure what the current status is, she's not here right now.

Just had to come in here and post:

I JUST GOT CLEARED TO GO BACK TO THE GYM!!! :thumbsup:

Fuck, it has been a rough 3+ weeks. Goddamned prednisone (which I am still on, but now on a low maintenance dose) and not being able to exercise -- I am pretty sure I'm developing the dreaded moonface -- has been messing with me. But no longer. I am going to start slow (slower than if I were merely coming off of an illness, because of the surgery), but it's better than nothing. I probably won't go back to my trainer until at least Sept 1, possibly Sept 15 to give me time to get back into some working order.

weeeeeeeee!!!!!

[PS the Shop Party is 9/19/09. I'll get more details about the weekend and I know I owe you a reply. I just wanted to let you know as soon as I knew. :-) ]

Okay--and I'm assuming rest means for a day, not for like four minutes right? So on a day where you only do back, is it possible to get 40 minutes in? Or do you pad that with cardio? I try to get about 45 minutes.

Yeh rest day off weights. Can do cardio if you want. Back is prob my longest day lol. Biggest muscle group.

Pull/Chin Ups, Deadlifts, Rows, Shurgs, Pulldowns etc.

I need to watch this thread for motivation......

This thread has helped me a lot. I've learned about different lifts and hearing other people's success story wants me to have my own. What is nice about it is we are all basically doing the same thing, being more healthy. So, welcome Z, no one will make you eat eggplant.

And wonderful news on the all clear Xray.

I thought I'd quit this board, but I guess I had not since I am currently posting. I like the idea of this thread. I too shall watch it for motivation, and maybe occassionally post to whine about soreness or looking scrawnier than everyone else in the gym or something.

Keep up the good work :) I'm down to running and push-ups at home, but I'll be back to the gym on Tuesday. I have faith in improvement.

HI!

I'm still up to my usual tricks. Today is kettlebell day, and I am looking forward to it.

I am glad you are back in action Xray and I am sure your body is itching to move.

Hey, someone asked about arm stretches a while back and I have a few for you:

Do all of these standing or sitting up tall, pulling belly in, keeping back neutral (neither arched nor hunched).

Biceps and finger flexors.

3 variations of the arms for the the posture gomukhasana (there's legs for it too, but I'm just showing arms here):

1 (start here)

2 (if one works, you can try this) This one might increase he difficulty because it expects a lot more out of the shoulder of the arm that is on the bottom. Use strap or belt, increasing stretch by narrowing distance between hands on strap. Get into it carefully and slowly (as always, right?)

3 (full version with clasp)

This one will get triceps and latissimus on the arm that is on top, and some interesting goodies in the deltoids and some of the shoulder stabilizers on the bottom arm.

Finally, a weird but fun one, the arms for the balancing posture garudasana. Make sure you do this one twice, switching the arm that is on top. This one can stretch the traps, rhomboids, levator scapulae, and rear deltoids.

Cheers!

Whoa, haven't seen this much activity on this thread in awhile, nice. I've been missing a ton of workout lately but I am not going to dedicate 30 minutes everyday to a whole-body stretching routine at the very least NO MATTER WHAT. Obviously, I'm not doing this as a workout, but to get myself limber enough to get back into capoeira.

This may be a bit odd, but try it out. Put your arm and hand out straight so that they are both parallel to the floor. Then, keeping your arm straight, raise your hand so it is perpendicular to your arm and the floor. Can you do it? It seems like most of the people I know can do that, but a select few can't. I'm one of those few, I can probably only get my hands 45 degrees off of parallel. any ideas on what that's about?

The good news is that I don't have pneumonia or swine flu. The bad news is that I do have bronchitis. I'll be able to pick up antibiotics today.

I don't know what to do about the marathon training. I've less than 2.5 months to go, but this sickness will mean at least two weeks with no real exercise- maybe more. The doctor said that even after the bronchitis bacteria is gone, it can be another few weeks before full energy and lung capacity comes back. There's no question that I could FINISH a marathon- I hiked 24 much hillier miles in the fall- but jog/walking a 4:30 isn't worth the plane ticket from Denver to DC. I'd already been struggling with the altitude, so I'm feeling like it might be time to wrap it up for the year.

That's a bummer Eponine. Hopefully you just caught a mild case and will recover quickly. Good thing you went to see a doc.

Got through 30 mins of stretching, it wasn't enough to get through everything I wanted to do so I ended up going on for 40 mins total.

I found out some interesting stuff. The hamstrings and glutes in my left leg appear to be a lot tighter than on my right leg. Also, it appears as though the quadriceps on my right leg appear to be tighter than my left leg. Oddly when I did the butterfly stretch for my groin I got my legs to go pretty low, maybe it was because I saved the stretch for last after 30 mins of other stretches but it worked pretty well for once. Also my core, tricep, and shoulder strength are shit compared to what they were when I did capoeira before, holding the back bridge was killing me.

Goal: To be able to do splits...eventually

<--- possibly my first ever post in an Exercise thread :D

Went back to the gym last night for the first time in about 3 years. We have a really cheap one at my work, it's only about £30/year, so it wasn't too painful to continue paying the subscription without actually going... but enough's enough, right? Because of various fuckups with the security system (I'd been gone so long my pass no longer worked) I only got about 20 minutes on the cross-trainer before I had to leave, but hopefully this will be a regular thing from now on, I'm aiming for once a week minimum.

Less broken than I thought I'd be, though I did need to crash about an hour earlier than I usually do after I got home...

Whoa, haven't seen this much activity on this thread in awhile, nice. I've been missing a ton of workout lately but I am not going to dedicate 30 minutes everyday to a whole-body stretching routine at the very least NO MATTER WHAT. Obviously, I'm not doing this as a workout, but to get myself limber enough to get back into capoeira.

This may be a bit odd, but try it out. Put your arm and hand out straight so that they are both parallel to the floor. Then, keeping your arm straight, raise your hand so it is perpendicular to your arm and the floor. Can you do it? It seems like most of the people I know can do that, but a select few can't. I'm one of those few, I can probably only get my hands 45 degrees off of parallel. any ideas on what that's about?

Like... raising your arm straight up so that your arm can touch your ear? Like Hermione in the first Harry Potter movie?

Capoeira sounds so fun. I've always wanted to try it, and the bodies of the capoeiristas are amazing. I've always admired the leanness of dancers and capoeiristas have that same look. Well, maybe after this kid is born...

I went for my first post-Con run today. Made it 3.5 miles, but it felt like a lot more thanks to a long weekend of Con-going and the humidity that makes it feel like I'm trying to breathe in a swamp. Perhaps Friday will be better.

great news Xray!

Lany, its impressive that you were able to work out while on vacation and at a con no less. good for you!!

If I could do it every morning at 7 I would be so happy. By 7, I am already at work though. I also need to pick up a few dumb bells. I really enjoyed working out with them. Just need to find the right weights. (I was using the 10lbs at the hotel)

Archived