Jaime Lannister in A Clash of Kings

Just a few extra scenes, that's all that's needed. One or two with Robb or Brynden or Edmure in captivity, his botched escape.

His escape will be vital, actually, because we can show him fighting some guards to hammer home that Jaime. Lannister. is a GOD with a sword, and thus make the impact of his loss of his right hand as strong as it was in the book. Otherwise we just see him fail at fighting Brienne

For me, what really really makes Jamie Lannister work as a character, is the fact that you don't see him much during the first two books. And when you do hear about Jamie, it's always in a disfavourable light or from his family/kin. That makes it so much more powerfull when Jamie suddenly takes center stage and we finally get to see who Jamie Lannister really is.

JAIME (not to be a jerk or anything... Jamie just reads like a cute little boy name for me...)

While it did make for some awesome writing, having an exclusive Stark POV throughout the entire S1 onscreen will be both not-so-spectacular and kind of... unfair? If they want the series to pick up they must show the grayness and the moral grittness much sooner. I may be in a minority here, but I always regarded the Starks as "standard fantasy items". Magic pet animals, noble head of family, ancient sword, not-noble teenage boy hero, tomboy girl? Been there, seen that. The Lannisters make for much more entertaining wildcards, and Jaime just oozes this "he has something gamechanging in the background that we will find out sooner or later" feeling.

And yes, I would gladly trade one out of some 5-6 Tyrion/Cersei scenes for an extra Jaime/any Tully one. Gotta keep some balance here. Prisoner/captor scenes are all made of win, anyway.

Have you read the pilot script? It's got almost as much Lannister as it has Stark.

We need the scene of him fighting his way out. That's important for the character. Or a scene of him fighting before that.

Yeah, I´ve read the pilot. Not sure it they are trying to balance the characters in the pilot so it´d look good as a stand alone, or setting precedent for the whole season, though. Latter would rock, but that´s just me.

Fighting would be awesome. Or terrible. Series swordfighting is not movie swordfighting (and even that can go terribly wrong). It never looks good to me, hence I dread anything too physical in GOT.

Fighting would be awesome. Or terrible. Series swordfighting is not movie swordfighting (and even that can go terribly wrong). It never looks good to me, hence I dread anything too physical in GOT.

There will be some physical fighting, this is obvious. I dread it too; I hope they avoid the "Magic Jordan" flight with sword that Brad Pitt performed as Achiles, with queer frame and slow motion. Brrrrr.

Yeah, I´ve read the pilot. Not sure it they are trying to balance the characters in the pilot so it´d look good as a stand alone, or setting precedent for the whole season, though. Latter would rock, but that´s just me.

I think it has to be a precedent for the whole series. It wouldn't make sense to hoof the Lannisters back into the background after spending time on them in the pilot (ignoring Tyrion's lead role).

The 2 big Jaime scenes will be his attempted escape and the Whispering Woods battle.

Although, it is possible that he and Ned will have a bit of a show-down also in aGoT. If they make Ned more of a fighter, then they may as well fight. :P

Although, it is possible that he and Ned will have a bit of a show-down also in aGoT. If they make Ned more of a fighter, then they may as well fight. :P

I think you just got yourself an idea ;).

Somehow, as an expansion of the KL confrontation, I always wanted to see Jaime first getting news of Tyrion´s capture. People like Ned so much they tend to forget it´s a defenceless, innocent dwarf his wife happily kidnapped. And Jaime cares for Tyrion as much as he cares for Cersei. Unlike Tywin, he went to war exclusively for the sake of his brother.

Yeah, I've kinda figured from the start that the fight in KL would turn more into a straight-up fight between Ned and Jaime when translated to the screen. With the added confrontation in the pilot, that seems to be something of a foregone conclusion.

I think you just got yourself an idea ;).

Somehow, as an expansion of the KL confrontation, I always wanted to see Jaime first getting news of Tyrion´s capture. People like Ned so much they tend to forget it´s a defenceless, innocent dwarf his wife happily kidnapped. And Jaime cares for Tyrion as much as he cares for Cersei. Unlike Tywin, he went to war exclusively for the sake of his brother.

Love the expanded confrontation idea. After winning easily, Jaime needs to ask Ned "How in seven hells did you kill Arthur Dayne?" with as much scorn as humanly possible.

Love the expanded confrontation idea. After winning easily, Jaime needs to ask Ned "How in seven hells did you kill Arthur Dayne?" with as much scorn as humanly possible.

Haaaa-ha-ha-ha!

He better not, though... GRRM master writing made him a fan favourite in spite of his many misdeeds, but humiliating Ned is a step towards villainy that Jaime may not survive...

Even if it's hard for him to win, he should say that, and then kick Ned's face while he's down. So the audience really hates him. Not because I want Jaime to beat up Ned some more.

Jaime wasn't a fan favorite until maybe book three, when we got a POV of his. He was one of the two main villains (Cersei being the other one). He's going to be portrayed a little bit more sympathetically in the show, but not enough for people to actually like him until

SPOILER: WEEEEE
he loses his hand

Archived