Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

The five roles... well, we have cast Jaime Lannister and Theon Greyjoy, I let that slip in Montreal... the three new ones are all females. A couple small roles, but very important ones. One player has something in common with Ned. One has something in common with Harry Potter. One is not a boney pop singer. Shows can get cancelled and so can characters, but two of them have been seen on American tv recently.

Any ideas?

My only guess is Lyanna Stark who is related to Ned and would be a small yet very important role. Is she in the pilot?

She may not be, but her likeness is. (In the crypts.) I would venture a guess that they would have to cast her, as they need a statue to look like her.

I didn't read the pilot, so I don't know how much Ned's promise to her is mentioned, but perhaps her voice is also needed? ("Promise me, Ned.")

I'm most perplexed about the Harry Potter reference. Kris said, "Is Hermione going to play Sansa?" :lol: (Doubtful, since she's off the Brown in the fall.)

Well, he said three females, a couple of small roles but important ones. To me this means 1 big role and 2 small roles as couple = 2, which leaves one more. The riddles I am still figuring out. I mean can the riddles also be applied to Jamie and Theon, or just the females. :cheers:

Well, he said three females, a couple of small roles but important ones. To me this means 1 big role and 2 small roles as couple = 2, which leaves one more. The riddles I am still figuring out. I mean can the riddles also be applied to Jamie and Theon, or just the females. :cheers:

Or it could be a reference to Arya or Sansa, being young, aka small. George has been known to be coy with wordplay.

Well, I'd guess Old Nan needs to be cast for the pilot. Gasp, they couldn't possibly have snagged the great Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), you think?

iheartseverus (can I call you sev?), that's a hell of a thought, there. I can see it, but in my mind's eye I see Old Nan as being very very short.

Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, also wanted to thank you for buying those sides. I don't usually come to this part of the board, but you made my day yesterday when I sat and read your write-ups. :)

iheartseverus (can I call you sev?), that's a hell of a thought, there. I can see it, but in my mind's eye I see Old Nan as being very very short.

Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, also wanted to thank you for buying those sides. I don't usually come to this part of the board, but you made my day yesterday when I sat and read your write-ups. :)

Call me, Sev, by all means! And thank you for your thank you--that was very nice, made my day. :cheers:

Gemma Jones also comes to mind for Old Nan. She was bustling, no-nonsense Madam Pompfrey in the HP movies. Or Julie Christie, who was Madam Rosmerta (though she'd probably have to be aged up a bit)

Well, I'd guess Old Nan needs to be cast for the pilot. Gasp, they couldn't possibly have snagged the great Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), you think?

I haven't considered this possibility but it does make sense. But did Old Nan get mentioned in the script?

hahahahaha...

I'm guessing that means whoever is cast has the same name as some bony pop singer.

So that discounts Kelly Clarkson and Jordin Sparks.

Hmm...anyone know of any actresses named Christina Aguilera?

That Amy Winehouse comment made me almost wake Mav up. Not nice, guys. :P

I haven't considered this possibility but it does make sense. But did Old Nan get mentioned in the script?

I didn't see her mentioned by name in the sides, but then neither were any of the staff at Winterfell mentioned. Yet, they'll have to be visible for the arrival of the royal party and certainly for the feast. We did see Bran and Arya having a food fight at the feast table, so I'm guessing we'd see something of Old Nan getting the kids ready, cautioning them to behave, etc. And it makes sense to me for HBO to snag some hugely respected British icon for such a part, which doesn't involve a huge amount of on screen time (or contracts or money) for years to come, yet adds lustre and bragging rights to the pilot. Maggie Smith, Gemma Jones or Julie Christie would fill that bill nicely.

One player has something in common with Ned.

Well Ned lost his head. As did Anne Boleyn. Anne Boleyn was played by Natalie Dormer in The Tudors which was recently shown on American TV.

One has something in common with Harry Potter.

Hmm maybe that actress that played Fleur in Goblet of Fire?

No ideas for the not a boney pop singer.

Here's my crackpot, you guys will probably discredit it somehow, but it's the first thing that jumped to my mind when I read his post. This is assuming that the hints pertain to Jamie and Theon as well as the girls. (or perhaps instead of)

When he said someone in common with Ned, I actually thought something in common with Sean Bean, which took me straight to LotR. That was still sitting in the back of my mind when he mentioned that two of them were recently on American television. Dominic Monaghan was in Lost not too long ago, he's too young for Theon, but about right for Jamie. I don't know how I feel about the idea, but that's where my mind went.

Also, with the HP reference, maybe that is for someone cast as Theon, not one of the girls either. Most of that cast should be around the right age.

Archived