Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

If Alfie Allen is Theon, does that mean all the Ironborn are going to have Mockney accets? Or that they're going to try and get Keith Allen to play Balon Greyjoy* later?

* If they let him read the books, he'd insist on playing Euron instead... and not just because he'd live longer, either.

me too.

I've heard people mention Renly, but again, not in the Pilot.

Indeed, he is so beautiful that it hurts my heart just to watch him on screen. sigh... It would break my heart to watch him die as Renly. Hetero female that I am, still I'd happily dress up as Loras if it'd please him. sigh...

:smileysex:

Not sure if it's group-think, but I also think the preponderance of evidence shows that it is Alfie Allen for Theon. I have absolutely no familiarity with his work, but by the pictures, I can see him as Theon. Not Robb, however. He doesn't look commanding enough to be Robb - I just wouldn't buy it. IMHO

As for Cersei - I think this casting was the sixth, posted on the 12th. Nicole Kidman would be awesome, as would Elisabeth Banks. However, I'm actually more likely to beleive it is Kidman, and that makes me very excited. Why? Her current movie, filming now, is called "The Danish Girl". She's been mentioned by Parris in previous posts, along with 2 other actors who have signed on (giving weight to the theory that negotiations have gone on for a while). On the other hand, IMDB shows her In Development plate to be VERY full...

And for my reaching pick.... I'm calling it now that Arya will be played by Sean Bean's daughter, Evie. There is a connection to Ned, and she is the "fifth", as in V. Natalie Portman's character in that move is Evie. She is also ten years old as of this writing.

Either that, or John C Reilley is playing Jaime. :stunned:

Alright, after spending way too much googling around, have this somewhat alternate casting:

1 Jaime Lannister - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

2 Theon Greyjoy - Hugh Mitchell <Was Colin Creevey in a Harry Potter movie, but he looks a lot different than in the movie now>

3 Lyanna Stark - one of these <Esquire hot actress, not a boney singer? Mainly eye-candy to plaster on a crypt>

5 Arya Stack - Female kid actor

4 Myrcella Baratheon - Female kid actor

6 Robb Stark - Alfie Allen

I just need to be able to place 'the fifth' and castle + roses on Hugh Mitchel and one of the Esquire women. :|

Main reason I cast Lyanna Stark was that GRRM would make it more of a big thing if was Cersei or Dany cast, not some afterthought. And I shifted Alfie to Robb, because I went out searching for actors with better angled features, because that's how I image Greyjoys.

Well, I feel pretty sure I've nailed the castle-and-roses clue...

Ha. I may have cracked another clue, the one about being in a castle, exclaiming about roses. Coster-Waldau made his debut as Laertes in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet.' Laertes is the brother of Ophelia. After being away in France, Laertes returns to Hamlet's castle in Denmark and when he sees Ophelia, he is aghast, thinking that his beautiful sister now looks like a withered flower. He exclaims:

"Oh, rose of May,

Dear maid, kind sister, sweet Ophelia!"

(Note that the exclamation point, which indicates he is exclaiming, is Shakespeare's, not mine!) :P

Really? That's interesting, the differences in our various perspectives. Because to me GRRM's use of the word 'exclaiming' about roses just instantly made me think 'Shakespeare.' Yes, the Tudors are associated with roses and various actors/actresses have associations either with the name Rose or other aspects hinting of roses and/or castles. But they don't 'exclaim' about roses. Shakespeare's characters 'exclaim.' It doesn't matter, of course, who cares? Just interesting, the different perspectives.

Really? That's interesting, the differences in our various perspectives. Because to me GRRM's use of the word 'exclaiming' about roses just instantly made me think 'Shakespeare.' Yes, the Tudors are associated with roses and various actors/actresses have associations either with the name Rose or other aspects hinting of roses and/or castles. But they don't 'exclaim' about roses. Shakespeare's characters 'exclaim.' It doesn't matter, of course, who cares? Just interesting, the different perspectives.

I think it's a good catch, especially considering the rest of the hints that work with this guy.

I don't know whether his schedule would be clear or even which pilot character he'd play, but Henry Cavill was in a movie called "I Capture the Castle" with Rose Byrne, who played a character of the same name. Combined with his "Tudors" role, that is an interesting amount of castles and roses in his past.

Looking up the cast list for "I Capture the Castle" gave me a terrible fright...one member of the cast is Marc Blucas who played Reilly Finn to much infamy on Buffy - probably the second worst character on the show after that same season's main villain, Adam. He's just the right age for Jaime, too... I really didn't like him on Buffy, he was one of the low points of all seven seasons of the show and it wasn't just a case of an uninteresting character, I felt he did absolutely nothing to make the role his own. He was DULL, DULL, DULL.

Yes indeed, who knows, for sure. But if this guy IS GRRM's Jaime, and 'Hamlet' was Jaime's debut as an actor... shrug, who knows...

Also, I just want to applaud the education on this board lol I've wandered into threads this week discussing lines of Shakespeare, and the morality of the Iliad. My friends all wonder what kind of fantasy board this is lol

Looking up the cast list for "I Capture the Castle" gave me a terrible fright...one member of the cast is Marc Blucas who played Reilly Finn to much infamy on Buffy - probably the second worst character on the show after that same season's main villain, Adam. He's just the right age for Jaime, too... I really didn't like him on Buffy, he was one of he low points of all seven seasons of the show and it wasn't just a case of an uninteresting character, I felt he did absolutely nothing to make the role his own. He was DULL, DULL, DULL.

I second that. I hated him in Buffy, and was really glad he left the show. Just thinking of Reily Finn in Westeros gives me nightmares.

On another note, does anyone else think that Tamzin Merchant would be better as Sansa than Dany. I know she's a little old for the part, but she looks more like how I envisioned Sansa than Dany.

Also, I just want to applaud the education on this board lol I've wandered into threads this week discussing lines of Shakespeare, and the morality of the Iliad. My friends all wonder what kind of fantasy board this is lol

Well, hell's bells, drag them over here and have them join us! Don't tell 'em about Shakespeare and the Iliad, just tell them about the other things we discuss--like incest and beheadings and child murderers and mutilations, treachery, zombies, genetic insanity, etc etc. :thumbsup:

Well, hell's bells, drag them over here and have them join us! Don't tell 'em about Shakespeare and the Iliad, just tell them about the other things we discuss--like incest and beheadings and child murderers and mutilations, treachery, zombies, genetic insanity, etc etc. :thumbsup:

Believe me, I've been trying. lol But the only person I've conviced to read the books is studying genetics and seems to feel that actually doing research is more important than finishing the series and talking about them online. go figure lol

but generally my friends are sick to death of me talking about casting and Grrm in general.

Couldn't "I'm going for a coffee and a Danish" be a hint as well? They cast a Danish actor/ress for a part?

This has been bothering the hell out of me, so I had to scroll back and find this post. (Yes, I'm compulsive, what can I say?) This is a new member who dared to step out and posit an opinion, and then in the heat of the moment with everybody posting every which way about the clues, this just got ignored. And that bothered me all day today! I know what its like to feel like the new guy, wanting to be accepted, afraid to make a fool of yourself, and then to just be...ignored. Feels bad, I know.

And hey, guess what, Robb of the South? Your guess looks like it might be right on the money and you were the first on this board to grab GRRM's 'going out for a Danish' clue. Now, the consensus among many here is that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (a very tasty Danish, I might add, heh, heh...) might in fact be our Jaime. So, good for you, and welcome to the board. Lets hear more from you--you weren't being ignored, I promise, just got buried in the rush of postings. Welcome.

:cheers:

Archived