Kendrick Lamar

Ab-Soul

Earl Swatshirt

Schoolboy Q

Yelawolf

(Asap Rocky)

Jay Rock

Tech N9ne

I like some ASAP Rocky and Tech 9, but the only other artist I'm really familiar with on your list is J Cole. Have to say I'm not real fond of his radio stuff, but I haven't checked out any of his more obscure stuff. Thanks for the reccomendations. I will definitely check them out.

I like som ASAP Rocky and Tech 9, but the only other artist I'm really familiar with on your list is J Cole. Have to say I'm not real fond of his radio stuff, but I haven't checked out any of his more obscure stuff. Thanks for the reccomendations. I will definitely check them out.

check out his mixtape "Friday Night Lights" it's his best IMO

Just for the record I have not and will not ever compare Drake to the likes of Tupac and Biggie, all I'm trying to say is that he's alot better than people give him credit for, and he is by no means "generic". I am not a fan of Lil Wayne in the slightest btw.

Also I'm a 90's baby so I grew up with the generation that listened to 50 cent, who I believe doesn't get the credit he deserves, I mean "Get Rich or Die Tryin" has to be one of the best hip-hop debut albums of all time.

I really fell in love with Hopsin and Gambino over the summer. Although recently Donald Glover has been a broody hipster.

But I find that to be interesting. I don't like hipsters but it brings a different vibe also he is lyrically gifted. I don't like all his tracks though I find some very bad but others excellent.

J. Cole and Kendrick are dropping a collab album by the way. I'm hyped as fuck and I think it will be great if it will be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Y6eYh7W94

But I find that to be interesting. I don't like hipsters but it brings a different vibe also he is lyrically gifted. I don't like all his tracks though I find some very bad but others excellent.

Yeah I still love most of his songs. I can't really stand the earlier stuff he did with the nasally voice, but Culdesac, Camp and Royalty I found pretty solid. 3005 is a good song too.

I'm not a fan of Hopsin really. I mean I guess he's decent talent-wise but the whole reason he's well known at all is that he constantly disses people who are more famous than him.

That just makes me lose interest in him really quickly.

andrew, I was in high school when 50's first album came out, but both my parents listen to hip hop, so I was exposed to a lot of older stuff and not just what was popular then.

Fiddy's first album was crazy. I remember thinking, damn, Dre discovered some talent from tha South. I always liked that about him. It's ironic that he always beefed with Game who sounded like he was from the East Coast.

Damn, here I am talking about them like they're already dead...

Fiddy's first album was crazy. I remember thinking, damn, Dre discovered some talent from tha South. I always liked that about him. It's ironic that he always beefed with Game who sounded like he was from the East Coast.

Damn, here I am talking about them like they're already dead...

50 Cent is from New York though

50 Cent is from New York though

I know. He's a New Yorker but he sounds Southern, and he sips DP til tha Don stops bubblin.

Dre did the same thing with Em when he first came up. Em sounds drastically different from how he sounded on Infinite. Eminem was trying to sound East Coast like Nas or AZ before signing with Dre. I think they got 50 to embrace a Southern style of delivery since the south was just starting to take over the industry when he came around.

I know. He's a New Yorker but he sounds Southern, and he sips DP til tha Don stops bubblin.

Dre did the same thing with Em when he first came up. Em sounds drastically different from how he sounded on Infinite. Eminem was trying to sound East Coast like Nas or AZ before signing with Dre. I think they got 50 to embrace a Southern style of delivery since the south was just starting to take over the industry when he came around.

Doesn't 50's delivery have more to do with the fact that he has a bullet fragment in his tongue and got shot in the jaw? That's what I remember hearing anyway.

I listened to some of his stuff from before the shooting and he sounds way different.

Doesn't 50's delivery have more to do with the fact that he has a bullet fragment in his tongue and got shot in the jaw? That's what I remember hearing anyway.

I listened to some of his stuff from before the shooting and he sounds way different.

Yeah that's why he kinda has a drawl, Power of the Dollar was a great EP

Archived