A thread about hiphop...

Horus Ex Machina

Doesn't 50's delivery have more to do with the fact that he has a bullet fragment in his tongue and got shot in the jaw? That's what I remember hearing anyway.

I listened to some of his stuff from before the shooting and he sounds way different.

That's the story he put out but I never bought it. It was one of the lines in Fuck You. It sounds a lot harder to say that you got hit in the jaw than to admit that you're pandering to the trends in the industry. Especially when you still wan to sell albums in the East Coast. Cause that's a magical ass bullet fragment that, instead of fucking up his speech entirely, just happens to add a southern drawl to his delivery right when the south was emerging big on the scene. Call me cynical. I'm not hating on him, I'm actually impressed that he pulled it off so well.

Listen to Eminem's early music. He changed his speech too.

• 2 weeks later...

So Shady is hitting our shores next February, I'd really like to go see him, but the ticket prices are eye watering. But seeing Shady on tour is probably a once in a lifetime opp, so i guess I'll have to make a plan.

Yes but at least you guys get to see CR7 all the time so there's a tradeoff.

Interesting bit about Native American hip hop group, A Tribe Called Red.

Archived