Should GRRM have a cameo role?

Andhaira

He's not going to have any significant speaking part, no. He's not an actor. He was in the background of a "Beauty and the Beast" episode or two, as I recall, and I won't be surprised if he's in a background scene in GoT; the feast scene in the pilot would be a good time to do something like that, I suppose. Or perhaps he'll be some background maester, glimpsed in passing in King's Landing or some such.

Hodor? :D

The perfect cameo would be as one of the heads on a pike, as Sansa is shown the head of her father.

That's hilarious. Maybe he can show up as a corpse at least once in every season:

• Head on a pike season 1
  • In a crows cage season 2
  • As an attacking wight in the prologue of season 3
  • Hanged on a tree by the BwB in season 4

Joffrey "... and this one wrote vile lies about me!"

Awesome... :cheers:

In all seriousness, though, I do like the idea of him just kinda slipping past the camera at some point - strolling the streets of King's Landing, a random Black Brother in a quick pan accross Castle Black, something like that. Something that makes you go "Hey, wait, was that... rewind that!"

Joffrey "... and this one wrote vile lies about me!"

I like it too!

Another good spot, though you guys seem to think he wouldnt be able to hack a speaking part, would be the blacksmith that Ned speaks to about Gendry. Or one of the guys from the Armorers guild.. i remember them being well fed ;) (not being mean, just having a good time)

Guest tabAnimal

I like the idea of him popping in as a corpse. Maybe as one of the blacksmiths who built the chain. Hell, maybe a patron of a house of pleasure. Town drunk? Thoros of Myr (before he becomes wiry)? Or perhaps as the one of the Astaphor slave traders? Maybe some magistrate?

Possibilities are endless.

I can imagine him sitting in front of a fireplace before each episode, setting the tone, and then it flips to a beheading or something.

Archived