Mini Rants

ztemhead

Crystal, your post made me even more fearful of marriage. Hope it all works out for the best, though.

I do appologize, but there's nothing to be fearful of, it is actually a wonderful thing, there's always wrinkles, you just have to iron them out.

Ugh. I have a friend like this, who, like LL's friend, is chronically late. She actually asked me for a list of suggestions on how to get out faster, and I told her what I do, and she told me what she does, and it's ridiculous. She gets distracted by stuff and decides to like, vacuum before leaving. I just can't help someone who does that.

Yep, had a friend like that as well.

We solved it by telling everyone but her the scheduled time for leaving was 5 pm, and we told her it was 4.30 pm. She was normally around 30-35 min late, and with that extra half an hour, we actually helped her be on time!

Eventually we did tell her and she was quite mortified and actually improved. :P

I do appologize, but there's nothing to be fearful of, it is actually a wonderful thing, there's always wrinkles, you just have to iron them out.

Oh no, no apology necessary! This is the rant thread! If you can't vent here, where can you vent? (sorry, I've been failing miserably today with making my internet messages suitably obviously a joke)

• 2 weeks later...

All State. (For non-Americans, this is an insurance company).

In the process of buying a house, one of the requirements is being able to get the house insured. If the house can not be insured, the buyer has the ability at that point to walk or to ask the seller to fix the problem before the sale finalizes (and to threaten to walk if the problem is not fixed).

At the point we were supposed to confirm that the house could be insured as it was, we got a policy through All State. We told them that we were not yet in possession of the house and told them when our closing date would be.

The day after the closing, they sent a rep up to the house and denied our policy, told us they were cancelling it in a month unless we got some quite pricey outside work done. Another rep told us we would just not be re-insured next year until we got it done. They're working out which one it is right now.

This should have been done by All State BEFORE THEY AGREED TO COVER US, and BEFORE THE HOUSE CLOSED.

I don't know if we have any legal recourse here. We knew there was some work we'd need to do for fire protection... but we had no idea that we might have to have it all done within a month in order to keep our insurance.

And you know what, those fucking fuckers KNEW our closing date. We fucking told them multiple times that we were in the process of buying. They fucking knew that they could screw us over and there probably wasn't anything we could do it about it. They fucking promised us to fucking insure us and then they reneged on that the very week we moved in.

Maybe there is something we can do about it since they promised to insure us... but I'm sure that they have loopholes and fine print and shit... or that fighting it would be worth more time (and time really is money right now) than we could spend.

The fire marshal told us that we weren't the first people in the town that this has happened to.

Female NYPD cops. Always drive right by a drug corner in my neighborhood like it doesn't exist, whereas the male cops will always stop to arrest or at the very least disperse the neerdowell caucasian teens. Hell, even the wise guys and other goombahs, always verbally accost or threaten to do them bodily harm. Kima Greggs and Brienne of Tarth unfortunately are all too fictional characters with no real-life equivalents.

Archived