Mini Rants

ztemhead

I have one.

My ex used to (well he still does but that's not my point) play GUITAR HEROine and/or crackROCK BAND CONSTANTLY!!!! and I mean every moment he was not at work or sleeping (well that's not entirely true either cuz I had a couple fat lips from him using his "star power" in his sleep, but I digress). His ultimate goal in life seemed to be to get perfect scores on expert level of every song. When he was "in the groove", if I had the audacity to ask him a question or god forbid walk behind him, he would freak out and and yell and blame me for his ineptitude. WTF is this. If he is always glued to that frakking game, what choice did I have? Granted, I could wait for the break in the song but I got tired of waiting for the coast to be clear. Sometimes I need to walk through the livingroom and I don't want to be forced to wait 2 and half minutes every time. What if I have to pee? What if the toilet is overflowing? What if the sky is falling? Some things can't wait. He once told me that when the new game came out, he would play until the divorce papers came. He thought this was hilarious. I thought it was quite prophetic. When I did leave him, I think it took him a good 3 days to even notice I was gone.

Now don't get me wrong. *I* am a video-gamer myself, I really enjoy Guitar Heroine. But because of him I cringe when I think about it. I switched to Call of Duty so I could blow some shit up (related? probably.) But there is a limit to how much I can stand of any video game. I do not blame others because I happen to suck on certain levels. If someone walks *behind* me while I am playing, I don't friggin care. If someone tries to talk to me, yah I may mess up but who cares? I can start over. I don't freak out and yell and get mad. I just press the restart button and poof! I can try again. He acted like he was on the verge of a scientific breakthrough that would solve global warming through the perfect expert scores on his video games, provided that he was not interupted, and since I had interupted I had doomed earth to inevitable decay of the atmosphere and possibly even gravity itself. Sheesh.

To be clear, this was not the only reason I left him but it was a nail in the coffin so to speak. A big friggin nail.

I guess I will never understand why the hell it was such a big deal.

I used to get really worked up about video games, too. They were so vital to my life that I proudly wanted to show my dad that I could beat the final level on Super Mario World.

I was 9, maybe 10 years old?

My personal cut-off for respecting your right to get really worked up about a video game is legal drinking age where you live or lost your virginity, with an exemption if you currently play test or design video games for a living.

My personal cut-off for respecting your right to get really worked up about a video game is legal drinking age where you live or lost your virginity, with an exemption if you currently play test or design video games for a living.

I think puberty. After all, we've got 10 year olds having sex and places with no legal drinking age. A good smack upside the head is a good way to remind kids that video games aren't that important unless your name is Ender.

So I'm sitting there in my happy little la la land (*sigh* my la la land is the best)

And I get asked out of no where. What's wrong?

Snapping out of my day dream, I vaguely reply with a shrug "nothing".

No tell me what's the matter?

Seriously nothing is the matter, I couldn't really be more content than I am right now.

Then why do you look upset?

I don't know, cause I'm not.. Maybe your confusing my upset face for my blank expression.

fine, if your going to be like that. excuse me for caring. But I think I've known you long enough to know when your upset about something.

:stunned: If you're really that determined for me to be upset about something, then keep going. Cause you're pushing all the right f&%@ing buttons.

See I told you, You're upset about something

:bang:

Ever have that conversation? I did, earlier today.. I just don't get it. Can't a girl day dream in peace.

Can't a girl day dream in peace.

And this is where it gets crazy. As a guy, who's been through this innumerable times with his female friends, girlfriends, and vagina bearing family, this was the crazy plot twist for me.

As such, I don't know what to tell you. "Women are awesome but mysterious" probably won't help in your case.

:stunned: If you're really that determined for me to be upset about something, then keep going. Cause you're pushing all the right f&%@ing buttons
Ah, the self-fulfilling prophesy. Had one of those last week. Tell me I'm pissed off enough times and I soon will be.

ETA: nevermind

I'd like to say something to every person who feels the need to declare this to me. I KNOW I'M HUGE. Thank you. I know I look like I'm going to tip over from the belly. I know that 99% of my body mass is concentrated in my stomach. I am aware that all people see is a belly with legs coming their way. Please stop telling me I am enormous. I weighed in at 160+ this week and I really don't need to be reminded of how big I am. After all, every time I get in the car and make a turn, the steering wheel brushes my abdomen.

Stop. Telling. Me. I. Am. Huge. I am still flexible enough to get my foot to reach your windpipe and CRUSH IT.

I have adopted the following philosophy:

Unless you truly don't have the time, it's always OK to go that extra mile. Who knows? You could really help someone out. They may even surprise you by doing something awesome in return. But, some people just suck. Some people will always suck. Some people don't suck but are just having a bad one. If you go that extra mile, and your efforts aren't appreciated, just feel safe with the knowledge that while you may have wasted a little bit of time, at least you know that you don't suck.

I usually feel pretty positive about helping people out until they're rude and demanding. I suppose I'm (mostly) all talk. I'm actually pretty nice in real life until you go out of your way to push me too far. So far, I've never snapped a customer in any of my retail jobs, even the yelling ones.

I have adopted the following philosophy:

Unless you truly don't have the time, it's always OK to go that extra mile. Who knows? You could really help someone out. They may even surprise you by doing something awesome in return. But, some people just suck. Some people will always suck. Some people don't suck but are just having a bad one. If you go that extra mile, and your efforts aren't appreciated, just feel safe with the knowledge that while you may have wasted a little bit of time, at least you know that you don't suck.

We have a HUGE SIGN on the front of our building. Right by the door is a decal of our company name and logo. You walk in and see pictures of our work, and the company logo is on the freaking wall behind me.

Yet people still come in asking me if we're the place down the road, which has absolutely nothing to do with our industry and the names aren't even slightly similar. I smile politely and inform the that no, we are 1307 Clarks Road, not 1307 Haven Ave (how is it they can clearly see the numbers of address but absolutely nothing else?). Just follow Clark (pointing out the window) going north and you'll hit Haven.

Willfully ignorant people really piss me off. Yet, I smile and send them on their little way.

I try to remind myself that's it's everyone's responsibility to help out the disabled. Just like you would help a little-old woman cross the street (the whole while she keeps yammering about wheether the light has changed and if your on the right street and how you remind her of her friend back during the war), you help those in need of a clue.

ETA: I can't spell worth a darn.

Oh Mikey gosh - just get your act together and have your documents organized - you only have yourself to blame you silly boy. :)

I have nothing rant about - I am totally - well almost totally happy!!!! :D

I used to say the same thing about reading stories about dragons and princesses and pirates.

We have a HUGE SIGN on the front of our building. Right by the door is a decal of our company name and logo. You walk in and see pictures of our work, and the company logo is on the freaking wall behind me.

Yet people still come in asking me if we're the place down the road, which has absolutely nothing to do with our industry and the names aren't even slightly similar. I smile politely and inform the that no, we are 1307 Clarks Road, not 1307 Haven Ave (how is it they can clearly see the numbers of address but absolutely nothing else?). Just follow Clark (pointing out the window) going north and you'll hit Haven.

Just like how at one of our counters there's a sign that clearly says "Register Closed" and there's actually no register or any cash machine within the vicinity, yet people will stand in front of the counter and looked pissed off waiting for you. That's when you politely direct them to the other counter that's open. I swear, sometimes people are willfully ignorant.

Two part mini-rant: Aforementioned girl sends me text "I don't think I can c u again." Damn, and things were going so well?

So I go out and get plastered and sleep with a girl that I'm not interested in. Who is mutual friend with several of my friends. This is going to end badly and it is all my fault.

So I'm sitting there in my happy little la la land (*sigh* my la la land is the best) And I get asked out of no where. What's wrong?

...Maybe your confusing my upset face for my blank expression...Can't a girl day dream in peace.

I can so relate to this. Except I get this from total strangers.

I'll be walking down the street in my happy la la land thinking about ten million things and a complete stranger on the street will come up to me and say "SMILE!" or "You'd look so much nicer if you smiled" or "Let me see a smile on that pretty face of yours."

To which I want to reply, "Umm no but let me show you my PISSED OFF FACE! NOW F*&% OFF!" But I don't. I just keep on walking.

This happens on average once a month. Clearly my happy la la face does not appear so happy. But why the hell do I have to smile when I'm walking down the street and who the F*&% goes up to a complete stranger on the street and tells them to do so?!? If this was a once time occurence I could write it off as weird. But now its just irritating.

And this is where it gets crazy. As a guy, who's been through this innumerable times with his female friends, girlfriends, and vagina bearing family, this was the crazy plot twist for me.

As such, I don't know what to tell you. "Women are awesome but mysterious" probably won't help in your case.

Ah, the self-fulfilling prophesy. Had one of those last week. Tell me I'm pissed off enough times and I soon will be.

ETA: nevermind

OK so I was thinking about this, last night.. The issue is that the person is determined not to believe everything is a-okay

and the continual questions is what takes us from our happy place.

So I don't know what you may think of this but.. My thoughts are to have random backup worries.

What's wrong?

Ah, I'm just thinking about bills and what needs paying first.. Nothing much.

or

I was just thinking about the price of fuel

or

I was wondering how many people have died while bike ridding on the high way, seems like it should be a lot....

you get what I mean.

I'd like to say something to every person who feels the need to declare this to me. I KNOW I'M HUGE. Thank you. I know I look like I'm going to tip over from the belly. I know that 99% of my body mass is concentrated in my stomach. I am aware that all people see is a belly with legs coming their way. Please stop telling me I am enormous. I weighed in at 160+ this week and I really don't need to be reminded of how big I am. After all, every time I get in the car and make a turn, the steering wheel brushes my abdomen.

Stop. Telling. Me. I. Am. Huge. I am still flexible enough to get my foot to reach your windpipe and CRUSH IT.

OMG I know what you mean.

But I had some back up replies that you can feel free to use or alter to your own style.

I'm pretty generous with my body, I thought this kid deserved a little leg room.

Hey this is all baby, baby. I'm not growing some sickly little weakling, this one is athlete material.

This is not fat, it's fluid.. trying to grow the next Olympic swimming champion.

Tell me how is a pregnant woman suppose to look and how exactly am I getting it wrong?

Can you tell me an inconspicuous way to grow a human please..cause this isn't exactly comfort city!

Have you not ever seen a pregnant woman before, cause jenny Craig won't be able to fix this bump.

(only when I'm really pissed off have I said this one): I'm growing a human here..what's your excuse?

I can't help that this kid wasn't happy with a one bedroom flat and decided to go for a four bedroom house with veranda..Baby wants I'll accommodate!

Yeah comes from having a lot of sex.. *eyes go distant..with a smile on your face*

Hey I've looked around and as far as I can tell I'm the best dam baby oven around. this kid is lucky.

There was some more, but I can't remember them right now (pregnancy memory still in play)

Thing is, your not fat. it's what naturally happens when growing humans. and once they are out and you look back you realise it was a short blink in your life..So enjoy every second of it and don't be afraid to crush some idiots windpipe. You'll never have the right excuse later ;)

I didn't mind being called huge this time around. But because I found out I had gestational diabetes at 26 weeks and I near broke my brain trying to keep my BSLs normal. It really ticked me off when people would say.."oh he is going to be a huge baby!" I weigh 2kgs less than my pre-pregnancy weight at 39 weeks cause of my diet change. and on the 13th of July 2009 Drew was born..weighing in at 6.2 pound.. suck on that nay Sayers! :tantrum: hahaha

Archived