Hints on Not A Blog, III

Gabriele

Are you serious about this? The Mountains of the Moon are in Westeros, in the Eyrie?

Did I misread you?

Quiet Wolf, get out of my head! I posted the Barristan thing first, now you post about Mountains of the Moon. Just...stop already, ok? :P

As you wish my lady.

:D

First of all, from what I've seen, most if not the whole discussion lacks one obvious important character from 1st book/season, and who will definitely play a key role in the pilot: Illyrio Mopatis.

Sure, we won't see him much after seaon 1 - at least until season 5 ;) -, but it's quite possible that he's already been cast.

Then, concerning an actor that's played a king and has seen some "Westerosi mountain", why couldn't it be Sean Connery - he's been in The Rock, he's been king a few times.

Or it could be someone else from The Rock - unless it's the wresler/actor... or someone who's been in one of his movies...

Then, concerning an actor that's played a king and has seen some "Westerosi mountain", why couldn't it be Sean Connery - he's been in The Rock, he's been king a few times.

Or it could be someone else from The Rock - unless it's the wresler/actor... or someone who's been in one of his movies...

I am pretty certain that Sean Connery has retired from acting. He hasn't done anything (save a voice part) since "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." Supposedly he was interested in doing Indy 4, but wasn't satisfied with what they wanted to do with his character, so he ultimately declined.

Gabriele,

Regarding Kingdom of Heaven, you should check out the director's cut. It's a vastly superior film. Long, yes, but by editing back in all of the cut scenes and subplots, it makes a lot more sense.

Thank you, I might do that.

After all, Orlando is pretty to look at. :) Though I prefer his natural dark hair to Legolas blond.

I am pretty certain that Sean Connery has retired from acting. He hasn't done anything (save a voice part) since "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." Supposedly he was interested in doing Indy 4, but wasn't satisfied with what they wanted to do with his character, so he ultimately declined.

If I were him, I would have declined as well. Indy 4 was responsible for Jumping the Shark being modernized to Nuking the Fridge.

Oh, and don't forget, Lucas and Spielberg certainly had their way with him.

Indiana Jones 4: solidly in the Top 5 Most Disappointing Movies Ever.

Either way - back on topic: Sean Connery will not be appearing in Game of Thrones. I think we've hit it on the nose with Iain Glen.

It's going to be interesting, when all's said and done, who guessed right.

I know the main talk has been about Theon, Jaime, Cersei, and Dany. I also know that GRRM said it would be mega hard to guess the two children actor/actresses. However, has anyone guessed on the roles of those two children?

Myrcella, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Tommen, Rickon, Podrick, Robert Arryn, Gendry, Edric Storm, Roslin, Robb, Sam, Pyp, Wex Pyke, Edric Dayne, Trystan, Jojen, Meera, Gilly, and Ygritte.

I think that covers it for the kids but I'm not sure which of them are in the pilot or not.

- Once went to the wars with our Jaime - "Kingdom of Heaven"

- Important King involved - he was "Richard Coeur de Lion" in "Kingdom of Heaven"

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but Glenn didn't really go to war with Coster-Waldau, IIRC Coster-Waldau was just in the film at the very start and didn't go on Crusade (it has been a long time since I've seen the film, so correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, maybe George thought it was close enough that they were both in the film.

I know the main talk has been about Theon, Jaime, Cersei, and Dany. I also know that GRRM said it would be mega hard to guess the two children actor/actresses. However, has anyone guessed on the roles of those two children?

Myrcella, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Tommen, Rickon, Podrick, Robert Arryn, Gendry, Edric Storm, Roslin, Robb, Sam, Pyp, Wex Pyke, Edric Dayne, Trystan, Jojen, Meera, Gilly, and Ygritte.

I think that covers it for the kids but I'm not sure which of them are in the pilot or not.

Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Tommen and Myrcella IIRC

Iain Glen as Jorah works just fine for me! (Credit to amoka.net for the costume/background drawing)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jol...orahmormont.jpg

Its an odd thing--as I read the books, I began to feel a little pity and then more than a bit of contempt for Ser Jorah as Dany's feelings toward him were going that way. He fell in love with her, hopelessly, became sort of begging and weak and moony (to me, anyway). But, seeing Iain in the part like this, I feel it gives Jorah back the respect he deserves. A good fit, IMO.

Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Jeyne Poole (added), Tommen and Myrcella IIRC

The 2 children roles cast are female, per GRRM:

The five roles... well, we have cast Jaime Lannister and Theon Greyjoy, I let that slip in Montreal... the three new ones are all females. A couple small roles, but very important ones. One player has something in common with Ned. One has something in common with Harry Potter. One is not a boney pop singer. Shows can get cancelled and so can characters, but two of them have been seen on American tv recently.

That means 3 adult males roles cast: Jaime, Theon & a knight

3 female roles cast, 2 children (complete unknows) & 1 adult:

And one of the adults is supposedly someone "too good to be true". Plus the choice for Dany was narrowed down to 3 candidates.

The 2 children roles cast are female, per GRRM:

That means 3 adult males roles cast: Jaime, Theon & a knight

3 female roles cast, 2 children (complete unknows) & 1 adult:

And one of the adults is supposedly someone "too good to be true". Plus the choice for Dany was narrowed down to 3 candidates.

The knight is the seventh person cast and was only cast after GRRM's second clue post. None of the clues prior to the Ser Seven post can apply to him. The roles cast actually look like this:

Jaime

Theon

Adult Male

Ser Seven

Female child 1 (unknown actress)

Female child 2 (unknown actress)

Adult female

Over at WiC people are talkinga bout James D'arcy as Jaime, because of some connections to the ser 7 clues. I feel it my duty to link to his youtube video

All this is making my head hurt...

I can see D'arcy as Robb, maybe even Loras. If its him, likely its for the Waymar Royce role.

The knight is the seventh person cast and was only cast after GRRM's second clue post. None of the clues prior to the Ser Seven post can apply to him. The roles cast actually look like this:

Jaime

Theon

Adult Male

Ser Seven

Adult female

We don't really know its Adult Male and not Adult Female, do we?

James D'arcy as Jaime, because of some connections to the ser 7 clues.

I was wondering about him too...he just doesn't look the part to me.

Ed: Oh, just realized he played Pullings in Master & Commander. Hmmm, in that I can better see him as a Jaime type, maybe.

shouldn't it be

Female

Jaime

Theon

Unknown 6th

Ser Seven

?

You're right!!! Completely forgot about the unknown 6th! That's what I get for doing this in the middle of work. :D

Archived