Hints on Not A Blog, III

Gabriele

Coming out of my usual hiding spot to suggest a possible Tamzin Merchant-Harry Potter connection:

Tamzin was in "My Family and Other Animals" with Imelda Staunton, who plays Dolores Umbridge in HP.

Sorry for the lack of nifty linkys, but it's all from IMDB.

"At this writing, the secret seven is still the secret seven."

What thats supose to mean????..None of our guesses are right, or just our Mormont?....or this means nothing...

AWESOME!!!

I think the best answer to our question as to how much actors we got right would be... NONE. Such an epic fail, but infinitely funny. I hope GRRM does not get appaled at his fan´s intelligence and starts transforming ADWD into a childish fairytale... :(

Guess our Ser Seven (at least) is wrong. Why would GRRM write that a secret is still a secret, if that is completely obvious to us? It´s much more merciful to let us know we are totally off track, since people are beginning to feel Ser Jorah is a 100% sure cast.

AWESOME!!!

I think the best answer to our question as to how much actors we got right would be... NONE. Such an epic fail, but infinitely funny. I hope GRRM does not get appaled at his fan´s intelligence and starts transforming ADWD into a childish fairytale... :(

Guess our Ser Seven (at least) is wrong. Why would GRRM write that a secret is still a secret, if that is completely obvious to us? It´s much more merciful to let us know we are totally off track, since people are beginning to feel Ser Jorah is a 100% sure cast.

Yea i think your right on that account. LET IT BE FRIDAY!

AWESOME!!!

I don't think so. For starters, GRRM doesn't read this board, or any other. His only exposure to fan guesses is the comments on his blog, which are full of wild guesses. He has no way of knowing that any kind of consensus has been reached or what it is. He's just saying that he can't tell us any more than he has.

Forgive my ignorance because I have not read the script but I thought it interesting that George included Grand Maester Pycelle in his list of not casted. I didn't think that character was even introduced until the first meeting of Ned and the small council. Is there an extra scene now that includes him?

I don't think so. For starters, GRRM doesn't read this board, or any other. His only exposure to fan guesses is the comments on his blog, which are full of wild guesses. He has no way of knowing that any kind of consensus has been reached or what it is. He's just saying that he can't tell us any more than he has.

There are some lists out there ( ToH /WiC) where he or Paris could go whitout ruin his plans by seeing our theories about the book. Bisides that the Not a Blog is crowding of sugestions pretty much the same we did here

Forgive my ignorance because I have not read the script but I thought it interesting that George included Grand Maester Pycelle in his list of not casted. I didn't think that character was even introduced until the first meeting of Ned and the small council. Is there an extra scene now that includes him?

Yep there are a new scene with he an d cersei and dead jon arryn....but now that you metion it, seems tome thats our first glimpse in the discussion about the veracity of the leaked script..

Parris reads the board and has looked at WiC in the past, and would likely pass on any truly hilarious suggestions to GRRM ;)

I don't think so. For starters, GRRM doesn't read this board, or any other.

Parris reads the board, and he may look over her shoulder. If someone gets the right guess, I bet she'll tell him. And he may be looking at these guess threads, just cause he is actively tweaking us with clues.

Of course there's George's response to the Elizabeth Mitchell guess based on the "Boney M" notion to suggest that that was nearer the mark, so ... we shall see.

See, I thought that went along with his comment about "riding the right theory but coming to the wrong conclusion"..so WMJ (I think that's who it wa)s had the right idea, just wrong people

So, my brainstorming, after mulling it over and over brought me to;

Music: Too good to be true

Hint:Hollywood blowing trumpets

Hint: Not a boney pop singer

Too Good to be True as performed b

, a boney pop singer, has a good bit of trumpet blowing.

So, maybe we are looking for a Frankie..Francis, Francesco ,Francesca 0r maybe Valli ,Valley ..or something along those lines

--

Parris reads the board and has looked at WiC in the past, and would likely pass on any truly hilarious suggestions to GRRM ;)

I'm sure they have some fun with this confusion, or GRRM wouldn't update us with new teasers every other day. ;)

Too Good to be True as performed b
, a boney pop singer, has a good bit of trumpet blowing.

The Frankie Valli thing makes me wonder if it's a connection to "Jersey Boys" of some sort (the Broadway musical about Franki Valli and the Four Seasons. John Lloyd Young played Valli and won the Tony for his work on Broadway, but somehow he doesn't strike me as very Jaime-like, even if you put a blond wig on him.

Now, Ryan Molloy who played him in the London production, on the other hand...

If the clue about the mountains is not in reference to the Mountains of the Moon film and is in reference to the familiarity of the actual mountains in which we'll be filming, I had another idea. Alexander was also filmed in Morocco. It was recently announced that Jonathan Rhys Meyers other show, the Tudors will not go beyond its 4th season. He's also played a pop (rock n' roll) singer known for his high cheekbones in Elvis (Boney pop singer). The kingslayer clue would seem to fit better with him as an early death to Alexander would have had significant effects on world history.

And if we're finding somebody in Alexander that might fit some clues, might we look at Val Kilmer? Plays the king early in the film, and also was the voice of K.I.T.T. in the most recent Knight Rider (Another day, Another Knight if that in fact was a clue of some sort). What would you think of him as Ser Jorah? Too old?

Just throwing an alternative idea out there as opposed to the NCW/Glenn Theory. This would assume that the other clues, such as the dutch one, apply to other characters.

The Frankie Valli thing makes me wonder if it's a connection to "Jersey Boys" of some sort (the Broadway musical about Franki Valli and the Four Seasons. John Lloyd Young played Valli and won the Tony for his work on Broadway, but somehow he doesn't strike me as very Jaime-like, even if you put a blond wig on him.

Now, Ryan Molloy who played him in the London production, on the other hand...

Woohoo...Go with it Brude...All yours ..connect those dots!

I find it utterly impossible that Alfie Allen is not one of the roles, given the clues being so very spot-on for him, so necessarily the "secret seven" remark merely means that there's no one who's going to confirm these details so far until HBO gives the go ahead.

Parris reads the board, and he may look over her shoulder. If someone gets the right guess, I bet she'll tell him. And he may be looking at these guess threads, just cause he is actively tweaking us with clues.

She won't tell anyone. HBO is pissed at people for leaking.

Suppose Alfie Allen=Theon. Now it doesn't matter that GRRM told us a lot of hints because we could only guess it's Alfie (Funniest name since Lipshitz). It could be a lot of others. But if he told us outright, HBO would get pissed. A lot of such misconduct could lead to the show not getting picked up, as HBO doesn't want to make a show they can't control. Even if Alfie Allen is Theon, none of us are getting Parris-tellings.

She won't tell anyone. HBO is pissed at people for leaking.

Suppose Alfie Allen=Theon. Now it doesn't matter that GRRM told us a lot of hints because we could only guess it's Alfie (Funniest name since Lipshitz). It could be a lot of others. But if he told us outright, HBO would get pissed. A lot of such misconduct could lead to the show not getting picked up, as HBO doesn't want to make a show they can't control. Even if Alfie Allen is Theon, none of us are getting Parris-tellings.

I think he meant that Parris would tell George, not that Parris would tell the person who guessed right.

Regarding Jared Leto, someone suggested him over at WIC, saying that his role (Alexander´s lover) fits the clue about "Jaime not being a Kingslayer then, o else the history´d all be changed" much better then NCW´s link to Kingdom of Heaven (random sherif/random King, not even going to the war together). So: was Alexander movie filmed in the actual Mountains of the Moon (real location) and who was in it able to play Ser Jorah? :D

Regarding Jared Leto, someone suggested him over at WIC, saying that his role (Alexander´s lover) fits the clue about "Jaime not being a Kingslayer then, o else the history´d all be changed" much better then NCW´s link to Kingdom of Heaven (random sherif/random King, not even going to the war together). So: was Alexander movie filmed in the actual Mountains of the Moon (real location) and who was in it able to play Ser Jorah? :D

Jared Leto could be Jamie. But than who would all the Danish clues be for?

Archived