The Words of Each House

moondog

House Stark ............. Winter is Coming!

House Baratheon ...... Ours is the Fury!

House Lannister ........ Hear Me Roar!

House Arryn ............. As High As Honor!

House Tully .............. Family, Duty, Honor!

House Tyrell ............. Growing Strong!

House Greyjoy .......... We Do Not Sow!

House Martell ............ Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken!

House Targaryen ....... Fire and Blood

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the words of other houses, but specifically those of House Bolton

What a fantastic series!

See here.

Oh thanks a bunch Other-in-law .... I have been to that site a number of times and I knew I had seen it

once, but couldn't find it for some reason. But of course, that list does NOT have the words of House Bolton.

SHOOT!

I play a few online browser games

Travian

KingsAge

TribalWars

and they lend themselves well to the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series. I started as House Stark in KingsAge, House Bolton in Travian, and House Lannister in Tribal Wars. I just needed the words for House Bolton for my profile in Travian.

dog

• 2 months later...
does this come from one of the books? it sounds familiar.

I don't think so. I think it was a fanon suggestion from the board from a couple of years ago.

The Boltons and the Freys are the houses whose mottoes people most want to know.

The Freys could be something like, "We Guard the Crossing," "Pay Our Toll," or something along those lines. Possibly just, "Eat Shit and Die," knowing Lord Walder ;)

Guest Other-in-law
I don't think so. I think it was a fanon suggestion from the board from a couple of years ago.

It actually is from the books in that Ramsay said that it was something the Boltons say (roughly 'A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none'). However it's not the official House words, as far as we know.

The Freys could be something like, "We Guard the Crossing," "Pay Our Toll," or something along those lines.

I've always thought it should be something like that. Like "None shall cross without our leave", but your suggestions are pithier and therefore better.

It actually is from the books in that Ramsay said that it was something the Boltons say (roughly 'A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none'). However it's not the official House words, as far as we know.

That is correct. I would just like to mention that Ramsy said to Theon something like that Lord Bolton often says that...

which implis that if not anything else it is very close to some kind of family saying

YOU SHALL NOT PASS! sounds better.
It is a good point.

The last saying of Gandalf the Grey if I am not wrong. Or it was Gandalf the Frey?

I also think about that: if Others have some frequent saying. (subject we ever overcome the language barrier to get it right) - What that could be?

'Like no other',

'We make all the difference'

'We are the men of all others'

'We discriminate'

'Another Break in the Wall'

?

• 2 years later...

Archived