The Words of Each House

moondog

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, the words of House Bolton are 'Our Blades Are Sharp' (that's from Ran).

The words of House Connington are 'We Are The Storm'.

Then how the hell are they bannermen of the Baratheons, who live in STORMS END?!?!

• 3 months later...

@Ser-Arthur-Dayne

House Dayne definitely needs a motto. I Googled it and found that on agot.pbworks.com someone wrote that the words of House Dayne are "Fallen and reborn." I don't think this is correct, but damn I want them to have a House Dayne motto.,

@Ser-Arthur-Dayne

House Dayne definitely needs a motto. I Googled it and found that on agot.pbworks.com someone wrote that the words of House Dayne are "Fallen and reborn." I don't think this is correct, but damn I want them to have a House Dayne motto.,

I agree. Of all the houses, I really want to know theirs the most.

I always figured it would be something to do with a star and dawn, since it's what their house is pretty much universally known for, and they're the two symbols on their house banner. My guess it's something like "We shall Rise" or "Rise and Rise Again", aka, dawn/falling star/going back to the heavens etc.

I always liked house Martell's words. "Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken" sounds badass, a little smug, but still pretty awesome. Also, "Ours is the fury".

I never really understood house Geryjoy's "We do not sow", though. I understand where it comes from, but it just sounds weird.

Baelish: I want it All

Clegane: Woof?

Umber: Where Other Men Breathe, We Drink / We are Sober when We are Dead

Tyrell: Our Women are Virgins, Honest!

Baratheon: Ours are the Clenched Teeth

Targaeryen: We Keep it in the Family / You're not the Dwagon, I am the Dwagon! / Burn them All

Jon Snow: I Know where to Put It

Tarly: Ours is the Bacon / Growing More Bacon / The Bacon is Coming / As Greasy as Bacon / For the Plate is Greasy and Full of Bacon / Porkchops, Ham, Bacon

Darry (Amerei): Our Portcullis is Raised / Stableboys are Welcome

Mormont: We do not Wax

Payne: [Clack!]

• 3 months later...

Archived