New Casting Announcements

Stubby

Well, Cersei feared it might be Margaery.

But really, who gives a damn? Dany's character is far more than a pair of tits and a pretty face (both of which, I am sure, TM possesses anyhow). It's the acting that matters. If someone's writing her casting off because of her looks, by god, we should be glad the show isn't aimed at these shallow people.

Where were all these people when Diane Kruger or Sienna Guillroy were cast as Helen of Troy, is what I want to know.

who would you have people believe it is then?

Could be Sansa. Could be Margaery. Could be no one - we know prophecies don't always come true in Martin's stories.

It might be Dany, but then again, it might not.

Don't worry about it. On that stupid scale of 1 to 10 as far as women globally, she's at least an 8. As far as women that can act, a 9. As far as women most of her detractors would like to date in real life? A 14.

You know, just because some of us don't see her as Dany from her showing on Tudors, that has nothing to do with our personal lives. If she's an "8", then my wife is a 12. :smoking: Virtually spitting at people who disagree with you is pretty childish, if you ask me. (Not just picking on you, Bones. It was just your post that finally prompted me to respond. :) )

Like I said in a previous post, my issue with her isn't because she isn't "pretty enough" (even though admittedly, I do find her plain), but because I haven't seen anything of her that screams dragon princess/horse queen/warlord. All I see is a waif with no fire or strength, which may be perfect for the beginning of the series but not for later.

That said, I will be the first to say "Wow I was wrong" if she delievers. D&D and GRRM see something in her, so I will wait and see. I trust their judgement even as I reserve mine.

Everyone else is spot on. Being wowed by 13 out of 14 of the current cast is a pretty high satisfaction percentage. ;)

Could be Sansa. Could be Margaery. Could be no one - we know prophecies don't always come true in Martin's stories.

It might be Dany, but then again, it might not.

great non answer. no way could that prophecy apply to Dany w/ this casting unless they cast Rosie O'Donnel for Cerci

great non answer. no way could that prophecy apply to Dany w/ this casting unless they cast Rosie O'Donnel for Cerci

How is it a non-answer? The point is, we don't know who it applies to, so using it as an explanation for why Dany has to be stunningly gorgeous doesn't really work.

YAY!!!

NCW is Jaime, he was one of my choices in the beginning of January....

I'm waiting for my lemoncake. :smug:

I'm happy with the other casting choices. Tamzin Merchant isn't who I wanted for Dany, but I like her looks and I can see why she was chosen. The other actors Im not familiar with but look good.

Most choices seem fine but was suprised by the actors for Theon and Robb.

Theon is described as always smiling to some private joke. I don't see that in the Allen kid but who knows. And I thought that Robb was looking normal. I can't remember the book picturing him as attracktive.

Most choices seem fine but was suprised by the actors for Theon and Robb.

Theon is described as always smiling to some private joke. I don't see that in the Allen kid but who knows. And I thought that Robb was looking normal. I can't remember the book picturing him as attracktive.

It's hard to tell, as PoVs seeing Robb are generally his family. But he looks like Cat. Cat and Sansa are very attractive, apparently. Edmure also comes across as a pretty boy to me. I mean, even when people say "Arya's meant to look horse-faced and will grow up ugly", apparently she looks like Lyanna (who was beautiful enough for King Bob and Rhaegar) and has been described as pretty by at least one character.

Someone at WiC posted a link to some good clips of Richard Madden doing some theater work for the Royal Shakespeare Company. He's good!

That would be me. :)

I'm with you though, Brude. The kid has talent. And he has the Tully coloring. I think Kit and Richard might be my two favorite choices so far. Excited to see them interacting in the pilot.

People saying her looks aren't suited for Dany are being silly. She's perfect. At least in the way I imagined her. As is most of the cast, actually.

I hope the kids are as good as George says they are. The pictures give me hope. (A very small hope, though. I hope they release bigger versions soon.)

Well I like most of the casting, NCW looks like Jaime.

Alfie Allen looks like he can do self important arrogant twat easy enough. Now get Keith Allen to play Shagwell.

Tazmine Merchant is anything but ugly, yeah the first picture on Not a Blog is a really bad angle but the second one, she is stunning. She does have an inhuman look to her and when her makeup is done she will look even more like something not of this world(and I don't mean ugly alien).

Anyway Dany comes from a family so inbred they should look like Sloth from the Goonies.

We're still talking about this?

Anyone saying Merchant is ugly is a fucking moron with severe eye damage. OMG TEH FOREHEAD seems to be the only actual complaint raised. Please fucking stop.

She's beautiful and she'll do excellently on the show.

Archived