New Casting Announcements

Stubby

In that case I suspect it wont be long until someone decries that picture as fucking ugly too ...

I'm now wondering whether any of the other ex tudor cast members might turn up. It would make sense as they are going to filming in the same place and there may be some crossover between production teams. The guy who played Cromwell always felt like he was playing a littelfinger style role and has a look of Rowan Atkinson about him. I still don't think he'd fit that role though but maybe as one of the other cast?

I've always liked Henry Cavill (Brandon, Duke of Suffolk on the show) as Renly.

In that case I suspect it wont be long until someone decries that picture as fucking ugly too ...

I'm now wondering whether any of the other ex tudor cast members might turn up. It would make sense as they are going to filming in the same place and there may be some crossover between production teams. The guy who played Cromwell always felt like he was playing a littelfinger style role and has a look of Rowan Atkinson about him. I still don't think he'd fit that role though but maybe as one of the other cast?

Yes, James Frain. I loved him as Cromwell. Thought of him as Littlefinger, but then re-thought him as Qyburn. He's great at looking like he's got some devious plan going on inside his head and you just know whatever it is, you're not going to like it.

I'd love to see lovely Henry Cavill show up in GoT, too. Renly, maybe? He's just soooo gorgeous.

Qyburn's supposed to look like a kindly old grandfather, IIRC. Frain's a bit too young. He'd be a good Littlefinger, except too tall. I kind of like the idea of Aiden Gillen as Littlefinger, and though he's of average height, he has quite the lean frame and shouldn't be too hard to make him seem a little smaller.

It feels good to get the news!

I am so excited guys and gals. I like each pick and do not have a major problem with ANY of them. It's funny I have been following this mostly at work so I could read descriptions about potential actors/actresses before getting to see for myself.

Sooo, I was worried about Alfie (due to the comments) and then when I saw him I thought he'd work great. Not how I pictured him but I can see Theon easily.

Again I was super scared about Dany... she looks the part IMO. I don't get the whole SO UGLY SHE MIGHT START WW3.

Jaime looks perfect. I think he'll KILL that part.

All in all very very happy!

I've always liked Henry Cavill (Brandon, Duke of Suffolk on the show) as Renly.

That would be very cool casting.

Kind of unrelated to this thread, every time I see Cavill, I think he should be cast as Superman.

Cookies and snark sound good.

(I have a LJ account ;) )

Excellent, add me on there (same user name as here) :)

After watching a bunch of videos for The Devil's Whore on YouTube I am convinced that 1) I need to buy the DVD and 2)

(yet again),
and especially
could all be good recruits for GoT.

I kind of like the idea of Aiden Gillen as Littlefinger, and though he's of average height, he has quite the lean frame and shouldn't be too hard to make him seem a little smaller.

I agree. And his time on the Wire showed he can politically scheme with the best of them.

Oh yes. I really hope Aiden Gillen gets cast as Littlefinger. My fingers are crossed.

I agree he would be good as Littlefinger.

I don't get why people are complaining about casting, it's not like its going to change anything. D&D aren't going to read your post, and then recast some part becasue you don't like it. Not saying you can't complain, just I don't understand why some people are being so adamant about it. It's worse over at WiC than here though.

It's worse over at WiC than here though.

It's because trolling here isn't that easy. First they need to register. Then their posts can be traced and if they're trollish, the mods will find out and whack them on the nose with their mod sticks. Bad troll, you shan't pee on the carpet. And if the mods find another puddle, they'll send iddle twolling back under its bridge. :D

I just hope they'll leave GRRM in peace. He - or his assistant - screens the LJ comments nowadays, but it's still work to keep trolls out.

It's because trolling here isn't that easy. First they need to register. Then their posts can be traced and if they're trollish, the mods will find out and whack them on the nose with their mod sticks. Bad troll, you shan't pee on the carpet. And if the mods find another puddle, they'll send iddle twolling back under its bridge. :D

I just hope they'll leave GRRM in peace. He - or his assistant - screens the LJ comments nowadays, but it's still work to keep trolls out.

Yeah, I hope to in the near future come up with a comment system that allows banning and the like. In the meantime I have to do what I can to keep the trolls at bay. I guess that is the price with having so much hype surrounding the project, you end up with quite a large group of fans and there are bound to be a few bad apples.

Excellent casting (though I'd like to see better pics of Arya and Sansa)!

I'm particularly happy with Jaime. I loved Nicolaj Coster-Waldau in New Amsterdam, but he was also the lead in a movie that scared me shitless when I first saw it,

This guy can act :)

I agree he would be good as Littlefinger.

I don't get why people are complaining about casting, it's not like its going to change anything. D&D aren't going to read your post, and then recast some part becasue you don't like it. Not saying you can't complain, just I don't understand why some people are being so adamant about it. It's worse over at WiC than here though.

Yeah, it's pretty bad over there (and I keep on being drawn into it, fool that I am). Yes, criticism of casting is all perfectly valid but there's a line between intelligent discussion and pointless bitching.

To be honest, I'd like to see some discussion of the other casting choices besides Tamzin Merchant. Six other people were cast - not that you'd know it from looking at the comments.

On a silly note, Muse's version of "Too Good to be True" just came up on my iPod. I'm taking that as a good sign. :thumbsup:

I feel so shallow for saying this, but when I look at photos of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, all I can see is his nose. But it's my problem and I'm sure I'll quickly get over it once I see him act as Jaime. The other six of our new seven seem right for their roles. Maisie Williams is quite the little cutie pie. It'll be fun to watch her develop as our Arya.

Archived