New Casting Announcements

Stubby

Such a weird coincidence. Heh. When I first came across Rory McCann in the course of an old discussion about budgeting the show, special effects, etc. I came across his episode of the "Heroes and Villains" historical dramatized documenatires, where he played Attila. Always wanted to see it in higher quality than a few Youtube clips, but never had the chance...

Until an hour ago, when it came on SVT 1(!) So weird.

The effects were really quite remarkable given the budget constraints. I really hope they can do at least as well for the HBO series (*knock on wood*), with greater time and greater resources.

As far as McCann, he was fine in it, but the truth is the script was rather lame and I didn't feel that the director (aka special effects guru who single-handedly did _all_ the digital work out of his home) quite had a knack for directing actors, at least not in that particular context; so can't make too much of it. But there were some bits there where McCann did seem suitably like a famous warrior and killer of men, huge and terrible on a battlefield. Will be interesting to see how he handles Sandor Clegane ... though he has a very limited part in the pilot, as I recall.

Such a weird coincidence. Heh. When I first came across Rory McCann in the course of an old discussion about budgeting the show, special effects, etc. I came across his episode of the "Heroes and Villains" historical dramatized documenatires, where he played Attila. Always wanted to see it in higher quality than a few Youtube clips, but never had the chance...

Until an hour ago, when it came on SVT 1(!) So weird.

Ah, I missed that. I see that they'll show a rerun on SVT24 at 22:00 on wednesday though.

Yeah, I saw that. Also funny, I was flipping channels came across Mark Addy in Bike Squad on Viasat Crime. A very different sort of role from what will be required from him for Robert, though. He's a good comedic actor, in any case, but it'll be interesting to see his take on Robert.

They've got about 1 month before principle photography is meant to begin, they'll need to have all named cast signed and sealed within a week or 2.

No, principle photography is scheduled to start on October 26th, the last week of the month. They've got nearly 8 weeks, not 4 before it starts.

Archived