New Casting Announcements

Stubby

Seeing all these parts cast is really getting me excited.

Thank you, TPTB, for not making Jaime ridiculously pretty. Nikolaj is going to own the role, I think. There is a certain devil-may-care to Jaime, and Nikolaj has the perfect grin to carry it.

Iain Glen! He's a bit slighter than I imagined the Bear, but good lord, this guy is going to bring superior acting chops to the role.

Beauty is highly subjective and I'm certain every reader has their own vision of the characters, but saying Tamzin Merchant is ugly? Seriously? I could get someone saying "Well, this isn't how I imagined her to be" or somesuch, but ugly? That's just being mean. (And sitting on a very high horse). I think she's lovely; she has the pale skin, the slight figure, she looks soft and innocent (and I cannot wait for her to walk out of the fire, Unburnt). She isn't what I imagined Dany to be, not entirely. She hits all the marks (pale, slight, pale hair), though when the Targaryns are referred to as being exotic, I always imagined them to have features that were exotic -- say something of Tibetan or Mongolian origin. Even so, I am still excited to see her cast. And I am really glad her beauty doesn't conform to the "hot" standard of Hollywood, I'm glad that the casting folks are sticking to ability and not looks alone, or else we'd end up with friggin' Megan Fox as our Mother of Dragons. (Ugh).

I really hope to see some pictures released for the actresses of Sansa and Arya -- Arya specifically given that she was always my favorite.

If GRRM is happy with the casting, I can only expect that the actors will deliver. No one is closer to the characters than he is, I expect.

:huh: I thought Iain Glen was going to be Ser Jorah Mormont, not Jeor... Was I wrong? :o

In the books, Ser Jorah Mormont is described as a middle-aged man, bald (or balding) and with a lot of hair in the rest of his body. Obviously that´s not the description of Iain Glen, but hey, he´s a great actor and I can believe him to be a fallen knight and the protector of an exiled queen :thumbsup:

Since his name came up in the speculation from GRRM's clues, I was excited about Nikolaj C-W for Jaime. Everyone seems to forget that Jaime Lannister is described as a MALE version of Cersei. Meaning he should be extremely attractive, but in a decidedly MASCULINE way. It is definitively not supposed to mean that he looks like a woman! Great casting choice of NCW for Jaime, IMO.

Dany's actor looks the part, I just I hope she can act. :)

Iain Glen as Jorah didn't quite fit on first pass (just due to his build and face beaing rather thinner than I imagined Joran), though on further searching, the images of him from the Crucible get down the sad/grizzled look convincingly

http://www.iainglen.com/gallery/images/theatre/crucible1.jpg

http://www.rsc.org.uk/rscimages/cru_cover_186x184.jpg

Very happy to see an award winning actor playing Jorah! <3

No idea on Sansa. Was going to be an unknown - I'm glad they put acting first in their choice, though it sounds as if they are having the most trouble finding good actors for the kids...

I was waiting for the above parts to be cast with the most excitement since they're my favorite characters. So, yay! :rofl:

During the last week I was on vacation...I just had a little time to lurke in here and at WICs, because the week before have made me completly mad. I went almost every morning to the internet point to check the news (as a decent crazy person :lol: )

Because of the constant guessing and buzz.

Was so exciting on friday morning when I found out about the annoucement, and I wish to say that you have done a fanatstic job in guessing. :bow:

I am not american, nor english so I am pretty infamiliar with the actors, and their acting abbility, but I can share my reaction due to what I saw on intenet.

First shock was Tamzin Merchant - a really shock - she looked a little bit "aleinish" and "strange".

But after a while, I realised: OMG, but Daenerys shoud have such appearance, she is Targaryen, and the Targs are some sort of "aliens"to the rest of Westeros.

I have never pictured Dany as stunning beautiful woman, she is pretty in some strange way, even I dare to say she has to be IMO a little bit scary, especeally later in the series after the dragons were borns.

But, of course, this is only my opinion.

NCW -aka Jaime. I think the guy fits, but we must wait "his other part" to be able to see a complete picture. Jaime on his own it is more than all right, but in the pair with yet unknown Cercei...we will see (I hope soon).

Richard Madden - I saw his photos, and HE is Robb (at least at the photos).

I am delight about Iain Glenn beeing on board, not exactly Mormont in my head, but he is capable actor for sure.

Alfie Allen - I do not know but I can not stop laughing...but I am pretty confident because of GRMMs reaction.

Young girls - Arya and Sansa, I liked Aryas photo at once, and Sansas photo is quite strange, so it is hard to even be considered for some serious discussion.

And I can wait another portion of guessing clues...

white rabbit, will you be able to watch the series in your country? Just curious which countries will be able to view it. The books have a worldwide following so I imagine its quite frustrating to be a great fan and yet know you won't be able to watch the HBO series.

Sev,

I do not know yet...in fact, I am a little bit lazy one.

But I remember seeing HBO somewhere in the offer of some chanel provider over here (the wright expression? I suppose not. :lol: ).

Well, at this very moment, i do not think really think about this "little" problem.

I am going to think obout it later, and I am sure to find a way to watch it... ;)

Has anyone seen the trailer for Showtime's Spartacus: Blood and Sand? Will this be in direct competition with AGoT? The guy who plays Sparticus looks alot like NCW.

Yikes, never even heard anything about it, and I have Showtime! Thanks for the heads-up, I'm going to go snooping, see what I find. Have you seen the trailer?

It says it's to air on Starz. Is that related to Showtime? Here's the link to the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4046586393/

Thanks! Starz and Encore are a 'package' but unrelated to Showtime, as far as I know.

ETA: Just watched the trailer. Very cool! Oh, I gotta watch this one, for sure. waaahhh, I can't afford all these channels!

Thanks! Starz and Encore are a 'package' but unrelated to Showtime, as far as I know.

ETA: Just watched the trailer. Very cool! Oh, I gotta watch this one, for sure. waaahhh, I can't afford all these channels!

Woops, thought it was on Showtime.

It looks kind of like a lower end Rome with a tad more more sex...If that's possible, but hey I'll be there!

Archived