New Casting Announcements

Stubby

Whenever forum discussion turns to the inevitable trolls, I'm reminded of this hilarious site--The Netizens' Guide to Flame Warriors. For those mopes endlessly trashing Tamzin Merchant, see 'Enfant Provacateur,' 'Acne,' 'Lonely Guy' and 'Compost.' :lol:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

Somebody here at the board had a great idea the other day. Before anybody gets to sneer and trash any actor's looks, they must first post a photo of themselves and their significant other right here for all of us to comment upon!

Man, this picture of Glen embodies Jorah for me.

I'm pretty happy with everyone that's been announced so far. Apart from Allen, they all look a lot like how I imagined the characters (how will Merchant look with all her hair burned off, I wonder?), but GRRM himself seems pretty confident with their abilities.

Yeah, I hope to in the near future come up with a comment system that allows banning and the like. In the meantime I have to do what I can to keep the trolls at bay. I guess that is the price with having so much hype surrounding the project, you end up with quite a large group of fans and there are bound to be a few bad apples.

I think it might be a good idea. Your site is fantastic, but it's just descending into trollish chaos over there, and that's not exactly going to make Martin fans look too great to the rest of the world. You have to wade through twenty Anonymous posts going on about how fat, ugly and retarded someone or other is for every one post which has someone actually saying something worth reading. And I've got to say, being a female poster over there isn't remotely fun anymore :/

Is there a chance we merge this thread with the not a blog thread? They're both discussing the same thing.

No, we'll need the Hint thread still. With Cersei and several other characters still uncast, there will be more hints to come.

Our detective work is not yet done. :)

You have to wade through twenty Anonymous posts going on about how fat, ugly and retarded someone or other is for every one post which has someone actually saying something worth reading. And I've got to say, being a female poster over there isn't remotely fun anymore :/

The Anonymous problem is easy to deal with: change the Blogger settings to disable anonymous comments; people can use a Blogger, LJ, Wordpress or gmail account to comment, and if someone cares enough to make a meaningful comment they may also care enough to sign up for one of those. Of course, it won't prevent trolls from signing up, either, but it makes them easier to track and if they get really bad, you can alert Blogger (or LJ) to their misbehaviour.

Comment screening would be another way, but that is work if you get so many comments as WiC does.

I've disabled anonymous comments long ago. While I post about history and places I've visited and only get an average of 10-12 comments per post, I still managed to attract a pet troll. :) I also screen comments older than two weeks - and you won't believe it, but I get spam on posts dating back to January. :wideeyed:

Okay, here is my question. Jon is like 22, Robb is like 23 and Joff is 13? How old is the Gleeson kid? Does anyone know? I just think the dynamic will be thrown off between Robb and Joff when one is half the age of the other. It isn't as much of a rivalry then is it? Thoughts

Okay, here is my question. Jon is like 22, Robb is like 23 and Joff is 13? How old is the Gleeson kid? Does anyone know? I just think the dynamic will be thrown off between Robb and Joff when one is half the age of the other. It isn't as much of a rivalry then is it? Thoughts

For those of who haven't read the leaked script, other then Khal Drogo, Jory Cassell, Ser Rodrick Cassell, Cersei Lannister, Maester Luwin, Magister Illyrio, Littlefinger, Grand Maester Pycelle, Bran, Rickon, Old Nan, Benjen Stark, Ser Barristan Selmy, The Hound, and Varys, who else is in the pilot that has not been cast yet?

For those of who haven't read the leaked script, other then Khal Drogo, Jory Cassell, Ser Rodrick Cassell, Cersei Lannister, Maester Luwin, Magister Illyrio, Littlefinger, Grand Maester Pycelle, Bran, Rickon, Old Nan, Benjen Stark, Ser Barristan Selmy, The Hound, and Varys, who else is in the pilot that has not been cast yet?

The guys in the prologue--Waymar Royce, Will and Garad. I'm wondering if we're even going to have an Old Nan in this series at all. They may combine Old Nan and Septa Mordane into one 'old lady caregiver' part.

The Anonymous problem is easy to deal with: change the Blogger settings to disable anonymous comments; people can use a Blogger, LJ, Wordpress or gmail account to comment, and if someone cares enough to make a meaningful comment they may also care enough to sign up for one of those. Of course, it won't prevent trolls from signing up, either, but it makes them easier to track and if they get really bad, you can alert Blogger (or LJ) to their misbehaviour.

Comment screening would be another way, but that is work if you get so many comments as WiC does.

I've disabled anonymous comments long ago. While I post about history and places I've visited and only get an average of 10-12 comments per post, I still managed to attract a pet troll. :) I also screen comments older than two weeks - and you won't believe it, but I get spam on posts dating back to January. :wideeyed:

I started off disabling anonymous comments, but reactivated them due to popular demand. I am starting to ponder disabling them again. I've only had one or two but it is going to get worse the longer I go on, and I don't want to end with with something like the GoT first-time reading blog or some of the posts on Pat's (which sometimes descend into trolling and flaming within a few replies).

Curiously, some of the spanish fans are having such a good time fighting about not Dany but Jaime :D and of course his nose... We´re talking about him not as The Kingslayer but The Noseslayer :lol:

Kidding. Great actors for great caracters, only that we, as you, are fond of discussing everything. I personally don´t really like NCW a lot, but hey, that´s just my opinion; as for the actress chosen for Dany... well, not the most beautiful nor the best acting girl in the world, but we´ll see :idea: The rest... Sean Bean is wonderful, Peter Dinklage rules, and I can´t really be dissapointed by the Jon guy since I can´t top cleaning my mouth everytime I see him (or read the name of his character :lol: ). I can´t wait to see them in the pilot.

By the way, hi everybody, cheers from Spain :cheers:

Archived