AussieCon 4

felice

Observation: The two photos I have of Jebus show him with beer in hand.

Conclusion: Jebus will read this thread with beer in hand.

Well actually I'm gonna try and take a bit of a break from drinking after I wrote myself off after the footy on Saturday night :(

I'm up for a Melbourne meet, I love Lebanese food - which restaurant?

It was great to meet you all and I had a great time at my first ever con.

It's not particularly exciting, but I asked GRRM what the words of House Clegane are, or if indeed they have any. He said that all Houses have words, but he hasn't made them all up yet.

I also told GRRM how excited I am that Tommy Carcetti is playing Littlefinger. He said "Oh, you're a fan of The Wire, are you?" and "Did you know he is Irish?". Having not done my research (and not even knowing the actor's real name, which may have been a clue), I did not know that, and am now even more excited that such an awesome actor (a very convincing American, at least to my Australian eye) is playing LF.

Just finished uploading video to Youtube of George's bringing Game of Thrones to HBO panel:

More to come including the Q&A from George's reading, George interviewing Melinda Snodgrass, Cory Doctorow's reading and Q&A, Peter V Brett's Q&A at his reading and the awesome fun of the Vampire V Zombie Smackdown panel. All coming soon when I get a bit more time to upload them....

Here it is then, enjoy :)

Vampires V Zombies Smackdown Panel

That's the last of my videos from Worldcon. I have also spent this evening resizing all of my hi-res photos from Australia but its too late now to upload them to my gallery. I will try to get that done over the coming weekend as well as finally getting some serious work done on my Worldcon report. I know it is well overdue already but I dearly hope it won't take four months like last year's report did. In fact I hope to have it finished before Octocon next month.

Here it is then, enjoy :)

Vampires V Zombies Smackdown Panel

That's the last of my videos from Worldcon. I have also spent this evening resizing all of my hi-res photos from Australia but its too late now to upload them to my gallery. I will try to get that done over the coming weekend as well as finally getting some serious work done on my Worldcon report. I know it is well overdue already but I dearly hope it won't take four months like last year's report did. In fact I hope to have it finished before Octocon next month.

some serious epic work there mtg - so nice to look back on the memories...nearly a month since aussiecon now..sad days :worried:

If you're talking about "Getting Edgy: The disreputable protagonist in modern fantasy" with Ellen Kushner and Trudi Canavan on Monday then yes I caught the last 20 minutes of it which was quite entertaining but you'll have to wait for my Worldcon Report for the details :P

Still working on that by the way. The document is already up to 50 pages.....

I have now finally finished uploading all of my hi-res photos to my photo gallery. Well they're not hi-res anymore - they are resized pictures which were taken with my hi-res big zoomy camera in Sydney and on my Safari Adventure including some really great close up shots of a kangaroo and a kookaburra.

I have also uploaded a batch of photos from the BWB Awesome Charity Book Prize Draw Raffle Thing which were taken at our party on Saturday night in Co. Nightclub by Ser Fungi.

Haha. I like the pic of Horza poring over the list of possible prizes - he looks like a kid in a candy shop. And Neal looks like a proud father about to burst into tears of joy with his Peter V Brett books.

Re-draw!!

And, MG, 50 pages of Worldcon report? Shit, we weren't that interesting a group were we? Or is this document going to be more along the lines of "Mountain Goat's Litany of Woe: 500 Reasons Not to Stay at the Hotel-That-Must-Not-Be-Named"? :P

Another point of interest - cockatoos may look cute but they are serial pests. They eat all the wood and timber around houses, eg: window sills, doorframes, etc. We're allowed to shoot them, but we're not allowed to shoot snakes! The arts centre spiral in Melbourne used to be overrun with them, until we hired to falcons to "scare" them off!

Also, sorry to have to do this again but I'm a pedant when it comes to these things - they're just called Koalas, they're not bears at all and are no longer called such.

Dammit I wish you Aussies would stop renaming your indigenous species with scientificly accurate names! Koalas aren't bears, kookaburras are spelled with the letter K and not C, the Platypus is a real animal. Next you will be telling me that kangaroos don't go about warning people that Little Timmy has fallen down the well :tantrum:

Great work on the pics and vids Lord Mountain Goat, Thanks!!

Dammit I wish you Aussies would stop renaming your indigenous species with scientificly accurate names! Koalas aren't bears, kookaburras are spelled with the letter K and not C, the Platypus is a real animal. Next you will be telling me that kangaroos don't go about warning people that Little Timmy has fallen down the well :tantrum:

All Aussies know that Koalas are not bears, I just hope that you or any of our international guests didn't run into any of our actual bears. Drop bears are real nasty and will cause you some serious grief.

Oh no dude, that still happens all the time, only you need to lose a Timmy first - that's where most tourists go wrong, they don't bring their own Timmy! I mean, it's not like they grow on trees or anything.

Archived