AussieCon 4

felice

G'day guys

I've been hanging around here for awhile and am i massive fan but when i found out that George was coming down under i decided i had to come to Aussiecon and join the brotherhood. So i was just wondering if there is anything i have to do to come to Aussiecon and to join the brotherhood?

G'day guys

I've been hanging around here for awhile and am i massive fan but when i found out that George was coming down under i decided i had to come to Aussiecon and join the brotherhood. So i was just wondering if there is anything i have to do to come to Aussiecon and to join the brotherhood?

Welcome to the board JewBear! If you want to attend the Con, you will need to get hold of an Aussiecon membership (check out the Aussiecon website for more info) and make sure you can get yourself to Melbourne by September 2. As for joining the BwB, well you have already joined simply by posting on the board ;). Check out the Aussies thread if you want to get to know some of the other boarders who are going to be at the Con.

Welcome to the board JewBear! If you want to attend the Con, you will need to get hold of an Aussiecon membership (check out the Aussiecon website for more info) and make sure you can get yourself to Melbourne by September 2. As for joining the BwB, well you have already joined simply by posting on the board ;). Check out the Aussies thread if you want to get to know some of the other boarders who are going to be at the Con.

Thanks heaps for the info and the welcome Paxter. I'll jump on over to the aussie thread and get to know some of the brothers there and put in my two cents. Just a quick question regarding the convention. Do we all stay at the same hotel?

Just a quick question regarding the convention. Do we all stay at the same hotel?

A second welcome JB!

In short - no. We take rooms where we can get them. Having said that, get on to the Aussiecon website and pick a room at one of their partner hotels and there will be people there for the con. Not necessarily everyone of course, but some of them will.

We will have at least one function during the con where you will get to meet everyone and most of the time there will be other like-minded folks to hang out with.

Hi All!

I will be attending AussieCon 4 will my mate, Azmure. Also flying from Canberra for a long weekend.

We aren't staying at hotels, rather at a friend’s place - but I foresee us lurking around the hotels to find fellow Brotherhood members. :)

Can't wait to meet ya'll!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm considering the matter and live in Sydney so it shouldn't be too hard. :)

I'll need to convince/bribe some people. I mostly posted in 1999 to 2001, so I'm not sure that anyone will rememeber me.

I REMEMBER YOU!!!! :-)

Wow, from the look of this thread it looks like it is going to be a great event. I am now getting very excited indeed!

Yay! Which Hotel is that? I'm staying with friends in Melbourne, but we need to know where to lurk. :D

Crowne Plaza.

Don't worry though - we will have a mass exchange of mobile numbers etc closer to the Con so we all know where the beers are on!

Does anyone have any idea which days George will be talking at the con?

You see I got my leave OK, but when I was booking accom there was a special sale which was just for 3 nights and I decided at the time that it would be enough (arrive Fri morning, leave Mon night) but now it's getting closer and I'm getting more excited and think I don't want to miss George speaking if he might only speak on Thurs or Fri morning. So I'm thinking of changing my arrival flight and booking some extra accom (only prob is I can't stay at the same place as they don't allow consecutive bookings :thumbsdown: ).

I strongly recommend being there for the entire con. Two years ago in Denver George's reading was on the first day and a lot of late arrivers missed it. Then last year in Montreal his reading was the very last thing on the last day and again a lot of early leavers missed it.

I would expect George to be on a panel or two every day throughout the con, he is a popular speaker and is always busy and in demand so if you intend to be there every time he opens his mouth then you need to be in Melbourne for the whole convention.

I strongly recommend being there for the entire con. Two years ago in Denver George's reading was on the first day and a lot of late arrivers missed it. Then last year in Montreal his reading was the very last thing on the last day and again a lot of early leavers missed it.

I would expect George to be on a panel or two every day throughout the con, he is a popular speaker and is always busy and in demand so if you intend to be there every time he opens his mouth then you need to be in Melbourne for the whole convention.

I don't need to see every panel he's on, but if there's an ASoIaF reading or Q&A session then I don't want to miss it!

I think Paxy has booked our accommodation also, it's getting much closer. Found out that the week after the Con I have my final Capstone Test to get my trade. So hopefully no week long hangover :P

Yeah, accommodation now booked ;).

I hope that GRRM doesn't do anything on the last day of the Con, because I'm leaving on the Sunday evening...

I don't need to see every panel he's on, but if there's an ASoIaF reading or Q&A session then I don't want to miss it!

The only thing I can suggest in that case is that you frequently check the con site from here on in - for their inevitable posting of the program - to see when he will be up. Either that or they will send it to you when it is finalised.

The only thing I can suggest in that case is that you frequently check the con site from here on in - for their inevitable posting of the program - to see when he will be up. Either that or they will send it to you when it is finalised.

Plans now officially changed, I'll be there on Wednesday :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived