Actresses who could pass for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Twin

quigon87

Cant help but remember the scene where Bran is looking in that window and they turn around to look at him, 2 similar faces and his confusion. Its crucial that there are at least some similarities, I think D&D might be having some trouble filling this one, who has the goods to play the part? They might have to go outside the UK, how about Maggie Grace?

I hate to say this because I don't think she's a great actress, but Diane Kruger could pass for NCW's twin (even if they're 6 years apart)...

Here she is:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2428864768/nm1208167

and here is NCW:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2965346560/nm0182666

Probably won't happen since she's in Inglorious Bastards and most likely doing press on it for awhile...But they do look similar.

I'm a bit cold on Diane Kruger for Cersei because, as fitheach says, she's not that good actress. To be fair, the bland generic girlfriend/object of desire roles I've seen her in don't offer much to work with, but she lacks watchability. I suppose it's possible she'd actually breathe some life into her acting if she played a villain but I'm not keen on her. That said, she's perfect lookswise for Cersei.

I like Radha Mitchell for the role. She's a good actress, and she favours NCW a fair bit, I reckon. She's also got a lower profile than Kruger, who's going to get even more unattainable if Inglorious Basterds is a success.

Hopefully they will find some physically perfect, naturally gifted, brilliant and completely random no-name for the part of Cersei. I don't think we need anymore 'names'.

If its a no name in their 30s, why havent they accomplished much to this point? Are they likely to be good enough for the part? I could see younger actors coming out of no where, but I dont think Cercei will.

Brude: Maggie Grace, much like Keira Knightly, is ridiculously mature for her age and can be a total biach on screen, Lost fans know this. Its wishful thinking I know, but she would be an amazing Cercei.

Someone on Wotmania suggested Tricia Helfer. I can see the resemblence.

Plus, she can be smoking hot and can act (award winning, on BSG) and is close to NCW's age.

She is stunningly beautiful, and yes, I can see the facial resemblance to NCW, particularly with that wedge-shaped nose. Now, what clues will GRRM employ about her to drive us crazy?

I hate to say this because I don't think she's a great actress, but Diane Kruger could pass for NCW's twin (even if they're 6 years apart)...

I've always felt the same about Kruger too, but I saw her in "Inglorious Basterds" yesterday and she was really fantastic - basically there were four stand-outs in that movie and she was one of them (really, they were the four leads).

I think her availability for a role in this, or any show, will depend a LOT on how well Basterds does this weekend. If it's a huge hit (and the theater I went to was completely full and shows were selling out very early), then she's probably going to be seeing work in more and bigger feature films for the next little while. If not, who knows.

Brude: Maggie Grace, much like Keira Knightly, is ridiculously mature for her age and can be a total biach on screen, Lost fans know this. Its wishful thinking I know, but she would be an amazing Cercei.

Please, not Knightley. An anorexic Cersei would just be wrong.

I find it odd that D&D didn't cast Cersei and Jaime at the same time. Anyone agree? I mean, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't cast one without being sure that they would be able to find someone who looks like the other. I suppose NC-W was just a and b the c of d, or something.

I find it odd that D&D didn't cast Cersei and Jaime at the same time. Anyone agree? I mean, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't cast one without being sure that they would be able to find someone who looks like the other. I suppose NC-W was just a and b the c of d, or something.

Here's a thought, a big "what if," really...

...what if they put an offer out to Diane Kruger but Kruger's people are waiting for the response to her performance and for the box office of Inglorious Basterds before making a decision. As I said, it's just a hypothetical, but it's the kind of thing that sometimes happens.

That all being said, Basterds made $14 million on Friday, which is pretty damn good, and her reviews have all been pretty damn stellar, so my guess is she'll be going after some big movie roles for the foreseeable future.

Perhaps it's my lack of imagination, but almost has to be Kruger... you aren't going to find a closer match for Nikolaj as Jaime. Don't know how they would manage to get her now that she's got that Tarantino-career boost, and there's the small issue of her boyfriend being on Fringe in NYC, so Ireland could be problematic. But it's HBO and a chance for edgier material than being a sidekick in Nic Cage movies. Who knows?

(Here's the page where that recent Kruger photo was taken from, and one more pic for good measure. She could pass as everyones favorite haughty lioness)

The thing about Kruger as well is that she doesn't have a British or American accent, just like NCW. Ok, so it's not the same accent, but German and Danish aren't a million miles away from each other, and I doubt most Brits and Americans would really be able to pick all the nuances up anyhow. Could give the two of them a little exoticness that makes them stand out a bit, amongst the probable British accents of the rest of the cast?

Maybe I'm just not remembering well, but didn't Kruger play Helen in Troy with an American accent? Not sure if she has a british accent in her repertoire or not - I think everyone in the show is supposed to speak in at least Mid Atlantic, if not some sort of class-appropriate British accent. Also, I saw her on Letterman and her accent was so slight as to barely be noticeable at all.

Maybe I'm just not remembering well, but didn't Kruger play Helen in Troy with an American accent? Not sure if she has a british accent in her repertoire or not - I think everyone in the show is supposed to speak in at least Mid Atlantic, if not some sort of class-appropriate British accent. Also, I saw her on Letterman and her accent was so slight as to barely be noticeable at all.

She didn't sound British in Troy, at least not to my ear. It wasn't anything distinguishable, exactly, but there was definitely a slightly 'somewhere in Europe' tone to her accent.

The thing about Kruger as well is that she doesn't have a British or American accent, just like NCW. Ok, so it's not the same accent, but German and Danish aren't a million miles away from each other, and I doubt most Brits and Americans would really be able to pick all the nuances up anyhow. Could give the two of them a little exoticness that makes them stand out a bit, amongst the probable British accents of the rest of the cast?

Actually she has an American accent, to the extent that when they first met, Quentin Tarantino refused to believe she was German.

I think Kruger goes a little past the line of "too big a name" for a role like Cersei in AGOT, especially if Basterds does well. I'm not familiar with much of her work but Troy and National Treasure 1 didn't exactly impress. I'm seeing Basterds today so I'll re-evaluate afterwards.

Archived