Actresses who could pass for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Twin

quigon87

Well, I've seen BSG and Tricia definitely can act quite sexy and alluring (and much more than that). She had several characters in the show, all somewhat related, and they all just oozed charm and sexuality (she was often thought be the fans to be just fanservice until she's shown her talent). Personally, of all the names mentioned, I think she'd be the best Cersei - the only problem is she seems to be already involved in other projects :( Still, one could hope...

Tricia Helfer is Canadian. Not such a difference if your comment was for accent preference, but trash talking is always more effective when your facts are straight (relevant or no).

Yeah, it was about the accent. My mistake, I'll have my facts straight next time I trash talk that annoying wench. :)

Tricia Helfer has always been my first choice for Cersei. She's stunningly beautiful and a good actress to boot. She and NCW do resemble each other a bit- blonde with strong Nordic features. The reality is these are actors not actual siblings so they won't have the physical similarities Jaime and Cersei have in the book.

Dinklage was not only in that movie, he had roles in big budget Hollywood movies as well. He was in Narnia and Elf, among the two that I remember. His first role was a not so minor part as an angry dwarf in a Steve Buscemi movie. I showed friends of mine his picture, and these are people who don't know who Brad Pitt is, and they all recognized him from different movies. Addy, on the other hand, has played in a "ugly guy hot wife" sitcom, is known primarily in England for his role in The Full Monty, and was a supporting role in a Heath Ledger film before Ledger was nominated for an Oscar. I'd never heard the name Mark Addy before I read GRRM's announcement, and I recognized his face, though I didn't know from where.

Well of course people will remember Dinklage's face. He's a midget dwarf actor, not a pretty boy Hollywood stud of the minute (even if Pitt has extended his minute by about a decade and a half). Just like a lot of people recognize the guy who played Mini Me in the Austin Powers movies but more than likely not a handful of the other actors from those movies.

Dinklage may have been in other movies before The Station Agent, but that movie earned a lot of critical acclaim and awards, and got him nominated for several fairly large awards (the SAG being the biggest). Without that movie and the recognition, he'd almost surely be just another short, nameless actor out there.

But as long as she acts really well (if she can), I won't be complaining.

Enough of this type of shite please. If you don't think an actor is attractive that's one thing, but the snarky, "if she can (act)" is ridiculous. Dany is an enormously important role in the series. Merchant would not have been cast if she couldn't act.

It's just stupid to even suggest such a thing. D&D have shown that they're trying to get great actors for all the roles, but they'd ignore this one?

If you don't like an actor, that's your prerogative but please don't throw common sense out the window in order to justify your dislike.

The best choice I still believe for Cersei is Sienna Guillory:

http://sienna-guillory.info/sienna-guillor...nna-guillory-04

http://sienna-guillory.info/sienna-guillor...nna-guillory-02

I think she could really pass for NCWs sister, and she has shown several times the ability to be just a little bit twisted like Cersei. She is British, somewhat known, and I think would just be perfect.

She really is a hard character to cast, isn't she, our Cersei.

People like different things about appearances. While in my eyes, Diane Krüger has always been my number 1 Cersei (for many years in fact), others don't find her that beautiful/alluring.

Besides, when a character in the book is called "very beautiful" we all conjure up different images based on our own preferences. Hence, complaints that Daenerys doesn't look good enough.

But this is going to be a TV series, with real people, and not unreal, unrealistically beautiful people as they tend to be in our minds when we read.

That's why I will be dissapointed if the actress cast for Cersei isn't Diane Kruger, but also why I won't complain.

When I see this picture of Diane Kruger, I can't help but be astonished that other people don't see this as the perfect Cersei Lannister (I am not talking about acting skillz now, just the appearance). Alternatively this alluring picture.

Damn I'm drooling again.

People like different things about appearances. While in my eyes, Diane Krüger has always been my number 1 Cersei (for many years in fact), others don't find her that beautiful/alluring.

I agree, and think this is why its hard to get it right. I always liked the idea of Julie Benz as Cersei - which will not happen given her role in Dexter -, but I can see the merit in some of the options upthread. JB was/is the way I pictured Cersei. I wonder if I will picture the actor they finally cast in the role when I do re-reads after I've seen the show?

I'm still advocating for Sophia Myles. She has this other worldly quality to her beauty that I associate with Cersei. This photo, in particular, is almost exactly how I picture Cersei. She's playing a good character, but her eyes have a kind of cunning to them. The way I figure it, you can suspend disbelief enough to think that NCW is five years younger than he is, and that Sophia is five years older than she is, which would make them the same age.

I'm still advocating for Sophia Myles. She has this other worldly quality to her beauty that I associate with Cersei. This photo, in particular, is almost exactly how I picture Cersei. She's playing a good character, but her eyes have a kind of cunning to them. The way I figure it, you can suspend disbelief enough to think that NCW is five years younger than he is, and that Sophia is five years older than she is, which would make them the same age.

Sophia Myles was an early choice for me, I always think she looks like Kate Winslet. If they kept to her age in the novels she would be dead on perfect. As a sister to NCW (twin or not) they're a bit similar in coloring....I would still be happy with her and screw it, all Jaime and Cersei have to have really is a similar look- not exact. They're freaking fraternal twins, they just need to look like siblings.

Archived