What's Your Country?

Pretty much all HBO TV shows play here in NZ (eventually) on free to air TV channels. I would be surprised of aGoT went down a different track. If it's a popular show in the US we would probably get it within a year of it starting in the US. A 12 week season is pretty easy to slot in somewhere (and if it'sin the R-rated area it will probably play in the 9:30-10:30 or 10:30 to 11:30 timeslot). The only worry I have is if it goes to one of the free to air stations that are only available to people who have sattelite TV. I have cable.

Congrats to the old country on the ashes. I normally root for England in the ashes, basically because you're always the underdog. Though sometimes I think you deserve a good ass-whooping by Aussie (mostly because we're incapable of it).

BBC in the UK for me too. I'm hoping it won't air on the BBC too much later than it does on HBO. How frustrating will it be to hear all our American friends discussing it knowing that we've got to wait months before we can join in?

I live in Greece. The local satellite package will probably pick it up about a year or so later (Entourage is just starting this September, so I won't get my hopes up). My only hope for a decent air schedule is the fact that american series are quiet popular at the moment.

Otherwise, as Vorian already stated, I will be forced to use dubious methods.

Netherlands. So BBC for me if they start broadcasting it on BBC1 or 2 (and not much later than HBO does). It'll get picked up by one of the commercial stations here for sure about a year later.

I can't wait too long though and will resort to downloading it and then buying it on BR when the BBC doesn't air it approximately at the same time as HBO.

Italy. It means that it will be piracy for me, but I'm going to buy the DVDs.

The channel situation in Italy is so poor that they haven't released the second season of Rome yet, not on cable nor for free. It's a shame because Rome was filmed in Cinecitta's studios (located in real Rome) and was sponsorized by RAI, italian national channels.

I'm Andorran. We can see Catalan, Spanish and french televisions here, but neither of them are going to air the show in a "rational" way (meaning that they will air the episodes months after the original emission, and dubbed).

So I'll have to find for ways to see the eps the day after they are aired. :leaving:

(obvioulsy I'll buy the DVDs afrterwards!)

BBC in the UK for me too. I'm hoping it won't air on the BBC too much later than it does on HBO. How frustrating will it be to hear all our American friends discussing it knowing that we've got to wait months before we can join in?

I was under the impression that various series air in the UK up to a year after airing in the US, or is that not always the case? Sometime back I was discussing 'Rome' with a UK member on another board and I inadvertently gave away a major bit of news about season 2, which was over and done with here in the US. Didn't realize it was just starting in the UK. :uhoh: And, isn't Tudors 3 just starting now in the UK? Its over and done with here in the US.

I guess it doesn't matter for me, living in Norway - I am confident the pilot will appear online within hours of having been shown on TV.

LOL! I used to be baffled at how my friends in Europe sometimes managed to view American tv shows before I ever got around to seeing them or how my American friends managed to see Dr. Who and the like before it was ever shown on BBC America. Now...I'm not so baffled.

Its a shame companies like HBO, ABC, BBC etc. haven't come up with a better way to make their products available to everyone right away round the world via the internet. Most people I know would be willing to pay a small fee to see a tv show in another country without having to resort to downloading a pirated copy. I know HBO etc. make money selling their shows to other countries but I don't think having international online versions available would greatly detract from people watching it when it did finally show on television in their country.

Another Greek here. As already stated, the show isn't going to be aired here, at least not in the foreseeable future. I will be forced to find other ways to see it even though I've never done so before.

I'm Brazilian. We got HBO but how long to the show air here is variable (around one year or more for first seasons). So...I'm sad to say that is piracy for me too :pirate: ( I am absolutely sure that I will see the pilot a couple of hours after been show..and if I can wait 12 hours maybe they come with subtitles in portuguese)

Of course buy DVD (all versions), and so on... ;)

Archived