What's Your Country?

HBO Canada might not get it at the same time HBO does? :stunned: Crap. Why wouldn't they broadcast at the same time? :unsure:

Perhaps one of you Canadiens could contact your tv service provider and ask if HBO programming is released there the same time its released in the U.S. Perhaps all this worry is for naught. Do let us here know what you find out!

DVDs tend not to be released till a year after the series is first aired in the UK and USA, so you'll have to avoid parts of this board like the plague for at least a year.

I might be wrong, but I do think that "greensight" is a metaphor, for pirating it.

I never knew that, but he mentioned DVDs as well.

I don't know it either, I'm just guessing.

Israel, so I'll watch the series through "greensight", if you know what I mean.

How can this not mean that he want to pirate them?? I can't get any other meaning from this.

As soon as the DVDs will be available, I'll buy them.

Yes, he mentions the DVDs as well. In a different sentence.

Or perhaps it just because that will be my approach to the series. Pirate them as they are broadcast in the states and then buy the DVDs when they are released.

Perhaps one of you Canadiens could contact your tv service provider and ask if HBO programming is released there the same time its released in the U.S. Perhaps all this worry is for naught. Do let us here know what you find out!

OK as much as I enjoy needless worrying, I looked up some info.

HBO CANADA

As is currently the case, programming premieres in Canada will run day-and-date with HBO’s main service in the U.S.

There ya go my fellow Canucks. No need for worry. :cheers:

Interesting that some of you guys will see it for free via BBC. Here in the U.S. HBO is a premium movie channel, gotta pay, pay, pay to watch it.

I hope either Sky1 or Virgin 1 grab the show rather early. I can imagine waiting awhile for the bbc to grab it

They're learning slowly though, about 2 years ago British Sat was about a season behind the US with cable shows, while last year we were an episode behind and in some cases an episode ahead. If we eurocommies have got to wait for the show, we'll download it.

...and buy the dvds later!

I hope either Sky1 or Virgin 1 grab the show rather early. I can imagine waiting awhile for the bbc to grab it

I haven't heard much about their involvement recently but the BBC is supposed to be partnering HBO in this venture. Like they did for Rome.

I hope they send it on BBC, pretty soon after it airs in the states. I live in Denmark and have something called "BBC entertainment" as part of my cable package. I don´t know much about this channel. All I ever watch is the occasional episode of Blackadder.

GoT is entertainment. So they would show it there right. Right....? Right.....?

France so no pb :-)

Hum, could you expand on that? I'm in France too and I don't have a clue at the moment other than internet and DVDs. I don't know if we can still get the BBC with any regular contract (I mean free, neuf, orange and the like; things have changed a lot since I last had a TV, some 12 years ago), but if it gets translated, 99% chances it will be on Canal+ like Rome or The Tudors.

Of course, in any case, it means I have to get a TV first....

I hope they send it on BBC, pretty soon after it airs in the states. I live in Denmark and have something called "BBC entertainment" as part of my cable package. I don´t know much about this channel. All I ever watch is the occasional episode of Blackadder.

GoT is entertainment. So they would show it there right. Right....? Right.....?

Tror ikke du skal regne med at det bliver sendt på BBC Entertainment. (Selv om det er en rigtig nice kanal)

[Translation]

Don't count on it being shown on BBC Entertainment.

More likely to show up on Canal+.

Incidentally, do you think NRK will be interested? They do have a few of the more well known HBO shows... IIRC, they showed Rome, The Wire, Sopranos, Band of Brothers, probably more that I'm forgetting.

ETA: I'll probably have to download, then buy the DVDs when they're out. Or maybe I can hold out until the DVD set comes out, like I did with Rome and BoB, since I don't like to download, nor do I like the wait between episodes. (Who am I kidding...)

If there's a legal way to stream it, I'll be ecstatic.

Incidentally, do you think NRK will be interested? They do have a few of the more well known HBO shows... IIRC, they showed Rome, The Wire, Sopranos, Band of Brothers, probably more that I'm forgetting.

I'm sure it'll be picked up by NRK if it gets a good critical reception, but probably a year or so later than Canal+.

I believe Canal+ is 12 weeks behind HBO on True Blood, and 10 on Hung, we can always hope that it would be something similar for A Game of Thrones. Don't think we can expect the two or three week delay of Lost.

Archived