Sweat the small stuff

Kingslayer

I would like to see A Dothraki Arakh

we still don't know exactly what they look like

Am I the only one that pictures it like a Klingon Bat'leth? Probably...

I'm really interested in seeing the costumes, how they show the wealth ( or um...assumed wealth) of Kingslanding, Cersei's gowns, etc.

The tune of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair"

Bran's drugged out raven dream

I for one hope they capture the small scenes with Arya first being scared of the dragon skulls, and later coming back to them as she runs away finding them to be like old friends.

I'm not sure why but I've always liked that.

Every scene with Tyrion.

Every scene with Arya.

The interaction between Jaime and Brienne.

Hodor. Lots of Hodor. Hodor in the Winterfell godswood, soaking in the hot pool. Hodor forgetting to duck. Hodor in the tower during the thunder.

Strong Belwas indicating his disdain in the direction of Yunkai. Doubt this one will make it even with HBO's loose censoring.

The interaction between Theon and "Esgred"

I tried to avoid any spoilers here, so forgive the Esgred reference.

**** I want to see all the principals hearing about events. In the books we're not present when a lot of the Starks/Lannisters hear about things and in TV form I can see that becoming a problem.

You could imagine TV fans going "But does X know about Y's death or not?" and all the Book fans going "Yeah, it's established in the books that X learnt that from a raven" and the TV fans being all "Scene or it didn't happen!!!" and it would be well.....fairly justified, really. From their perspective.

**** And I really want them to show Joffrey's wedding basically lasting the whole of an episode. And everyone gets drunker and sweatier and it's a running gag that the musicians (themselves increasingly drunker and sweatier) keep wheezing out "The Rains of Castamere". And then the Queen of Thrones classic line about the song - you know the one - I can't recall exactly how it goes. When I read it in the book I LOLed.

**** Oh and excruciating as it is, I want them to keep in "The Pease Are Overcooked" as it's the only real window onto T & S's painful marriage.

**** That reminds me, I think the thing I want them not to overlook more than anything, is the relationship between Tyrion and Podrick Payne. I love Pod. And if you don't show why Pod is loyal to Tyrion then it makes no sense that he suddenly starts roaming around looking for his master afterwards.

**** And the relationship between Tyrion and Bronn. It may be useful to pump up how much of a confident Bronn is - in reality Tyrion would never tell him anything, but in the TV show their conversations could be useful for exposition-y reasons. And besides, Bronn is Kick-Ass!

Strong Belwas indicating his disdain in the direction of Yunkai. Doubt this one will make it even with HBO's loose censoring.

Im rereading the books right now and got too that part last night, had totally forgotten about it...laughed so hard my neighbours mustve thought me mad.

Anyway i second that :P

You could imagine TV fans going "But does X know about Y's death or not?" and all the Book fans going "Yeah, it's established in the books that X learnt that from a raven" and the TV fans being all "Scene or it didn't happen!!!" and it would be well.....fairly justified, really. From their perspective.

I wouldn't be worried about that. The people behind adaptations are aware that things work differently on screen.

That can't possibly be right: it's got to be a cavalry weapon, which means it has to be one-handed (you can't swing a two-handed weapon from horseback.

When i see it in my head it looks very much like a scimitar, but with a wider and a more curved blade.

When i see it in my head it looks very much like a scimitar, but with a wider and a more curved blade.

Right, like a Disney scimitar.

I hope they don't skimp on fight choreography. I won't care so much about any of the larger battle melees, but I'll be really disappointed if any of the important one on one fights are shot with a shaky cam from 3 inches away.

Right, like a Disney scimitar.

I hope they don't skimp on fight choreography. I won't care so much about any of the larger battle melees, but I'll be really disappointed if any of the important one on one fights are shot with a shaky cam from 3 inches away.

I agree completely. So many great fight scenes in the books. Another reason why I think Brienne is going to be the most difficult part to cast. Not only must she be tall, ugly (even if with extensive make-up), muscular and a good actress, she must also be able to fight with a sword in some of the more memorable fights in the books.

Archived