We DEMAND Behind-The-Scenes stuff!

As many a sci-fi / fantasy / comic book movie geek can attest, some of the greatest joys we get are when we're allowed into Oz to peek behind the Wizard's proverbial curtain and witness the process of creation. Granted, there are those among us who do not wish to lay bare a magician's tricks, but for the most part curiosity - and plain ol' fanperson geekery - cause us to lean forward in our chairs, salivating at the opportunity to catch a glimpse at what, for many, is a mysterious process.

I can speak for myself when I say the Behind-The-Scenes or Making-Of portions of any DVD I purchase are the most anticipated portions. Even cast and crew commentaries; I've likely seen each Lord of the Rings installment ten to twelve times, and half of those were with various commentaries on.

If it's something I truly love, every scrap is invaluable.

Dave, D.B., George, guys and gals ... I only hope you bring extra cameras.

And let me speak from experience by saying even the smallest, most insignificant still, shot, or photo taken from the process (casting auditions, Winterfell halfway completed, an actor's first day on set, Mark Addy in knickers ... you name it) and slipped to the starving (often snarling and rabid) Westeros faithful will equate to 4-5 days heavy discussion.

It is what it is. But man, we want this series bad.

Most of us will even pay for it.

I absolutely love director/writer/cast commentaries on DVDs, as long as the participants have at least a modicum of wit. For this, I'd say they'd be great. I'd love to hear GRRM's opinions on how certain scenes turned out, what the actors thought of their characters, and how much they took from the books for inspiration. That sort of thing.

I think I've watched the LOTR Extended Edition extras more that I've watched the actual movies. Everything from set and costume design to the CGI process can be absolutely fascinating if presented well.

I liked Heroes Unmasked, although that did explain the plot a bit too much. Mabye the behind the scenes stuff should be reserved for the DVD?

I agree. And we'll likely gobble the DVD's up at twice the rate if they release them with deleted scenes.

I still think the occasional leaked photo from filming, a revealed costume here or there ... any of that every week or so would keep the fanbase abuzz.

Not that we might not already be getting that from a few of our lovely Irish blokes and lasses from Dublin.

As Eddie Izzard said, "It's next to Switzerland."

He also said, "Pol Pot killed one point seven million Cambodians, died under house arrest; well done there. Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, aged seventy-two; well done indeed! And the reason we let them get away with it is they killed their own people. And we're sort of fine with that. Hitler killed people next door. Oh, stupid man. After a couple of years we won’t stand for that, will we?"

Mad trannie genius.

Archived