HBO Is Taking Note

SergioCQH

A lot of that came from the anonymous posters, who have since been kicked out. I'm thinking a lot of the other people had more constructive criticisms than some of the unpleasent things the anonymous crowd was saying. There was also some crticism of Mark Addy and Alfie Allen which wasn't really warranted either.

I agree. Constructive critisicm is fine, being a bit disspionted is fine, freaking out and writing mean things about the actor isn't fine. I noticed that most of those posts were newbies and it crossed my mind that they were possibly actors who were up for the roles themselves and didn't get it.... Sour grapes and all. Or just fan clubs posting and bashing.

I think NCW is very handsome, nose and all, he was one of my choices for Jaime. My other choice was Philip Winchester who also has a unusual nose, so I guess I like dudes with aristocratic noses... No pugs for me. :rolleyes:

IMHO, Jaime is more liklier than not going to have broken his nose at some point or other during his rather violent lifetime, all things considered. So NCW's nose is going to be a perfect fit for a warrior. I hope he never does anything about it.

As for bashing actors before they have even had the chance to show us their stuff, I think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean, who would have ever expected Johnny Depp to metamorphosize into Captain Jack Sparrow? Elijah Wood as Frodo? There are a lot of actors out there who have yet been given that "one" role that will showcase what they really can do.

For some reason I'm giggling, imagining Sean Bean sobbing into his sleeve from comments about him on the internet.

Very funny, I can imagine after a night at the pub and having an argument with his wife, he goes online to read favorable comments and finds trash talk.

Drunken sobs ensue...

Wwhhhhhaaaa wa-wa-wa-whyyyyyyy?

I don't know. I think we should expect with complete confidence that the actors are reading this. I mean, besides WiC, this really is the only major place to be talking about the series on the Interweb (at this point in time). We know that the producers read the forum, so it makes perfect sense that they might mention it to other people on the project.

Which means that we SHOULD be considerate of the people participating in the project. Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to praise an actor I don't like in the show, or hide my opinion, but there is no need whatsoever for out-and-out cruelty and personal attacks (which in my mind includes blatant criticism of physical appearance).

It's not like we haven't dealt with this issue before, since authors participate in this forum, too. And we surely do not tolerate any personal criticism of GRRM. It's the fastest way to get banned, and rightly so. We're always going on and on about how we're a 'community,' and if that's actually the case, we should extend that to the members of the HBO project. 'Cause, they're people too! And stuff.

Very funny, I can imagine after a night at the pub and having an argument with his wife, he goes online to read favorable comments and finds trash talk.

Drunken sobs ensue...

Wwhhhhhaaaa wa-wa-wa-whyyyyyyy?

For pity's sake! ;)

Archived