Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

Well everyone bad news I left the book at my parents house on labor day and my Dad called me about it. I thought I told him to bring in to me so I could finish such a brilliant book. But he thought I meant b4ring it back to the Public Library. So I will unfortunately not be able to behold theBRILLIANTending.

BTW I have changed my avatar to show the BRILLIANCE that is jaw kicking.

I feel sad for you. Now you won't be able to bask in glory of the electric buttplug of DOOM and will not meet a dragon which is not a dragon but a metaphor for important human themes.

Geez, guys. Didn't I state that my rant was for us because I would never actually post something like that at a TG site? That being said, here it is again in all it's glory because this is a new thread and I'm choosing life by saying it again. :P

Seriously? Seriously, people? LoNs is that much greater for all of the "Easter Eggs" Terry has laid for all his SoT fans? Are you all that obtuse?

The main protagonists carry the last names of "Rahl" and "Amnell" (or however you spell Kahlan's last name, I'm too incensed at the moment to worry about it). That's not an Easter Egg. The reveal that Jax's last name is the same as Kahlan's isn't an Easter Egg. The fact that Jax comes from what is apparently the world of SoT isn't an Easter Egg. There are no "Easter Eggs" for the fans here. There is simply the repetition of what has come before packaged as a "thriller" when it has nothing to do with being a "thriller". People, a book labeled as a thrilled fits into a genre where the main character faces a mystery of human proportion. Of Earthly proportions. Of proportions that are actually set on Earth. "Thrillers" do not, I repeat do not, involve people from other worlds, worlds where magic is a way of life. The genre of fiction categorized as "Thriller" generally revolve around hard boiled, yet broken down cops/private investigators, reporters or young lawyers who get in over their heads. The simple fact that people are actually buying this load of junk only lends credence to the idea that Terry might have been right with his first rule: People are stupid. Good gods and suffering nambles! Easter Eggs? You're all delusional. And you're reading the same damn story you've already read. Even Hitler knows that. I know he does. I've seen the video.

I feel sad for you. Now you won't be able to bask in glory of the electric buttplug of DOOM and will not meet a dragon which is not a dragon but a metaphor for important human themes.

And no testicle munching. :cry:

Nice one Jaxom 1974. :thumbsup: Or is it Amnell now? :P

For the lay man the moment passed like any other, but for those who know, those of The Church of Latter Day Lemmings the moment passed like a sudden chill creeping up into the body only to be repelled by the soothing comfort of liquor.

For only a few minutes ago the clock showed 9:09 am on September 9th 2009. Today The Book goes on sale in the Netherlands.

Hail to those lemmings who risked mind and liver to give us advance warning for without those sacrifices we would wander in darkness fearing these very numbers like we fear the apocalypse.

It is still the 9th hour of the day here in the UK - I am feeling the chill :uhoh:

In five hours time the North American East Coasters will also catch the draft, before spreading across the rest of the world like an ill wind of evil illness, the Law of Nines come to pass. Like a rank fart that covers all the world with its putrid stench.

09/09/09

For the lay man the moment passed like any other, but for those who know, those of The Church of Latter Day Lemmings the moment passed like a sudden chill creeping up into the body only to be repelled by the soothing comfort of liquor.

For only a few minutes ago the clock showed 9:09 am on September 9th 2009. Today The Book goes on sale in the Netherlands.

Good Lord, could it be a brilliant pun on Law of Nines? Has Tairy authorised this "joke"?

...weet ik i.i.g. dat ik voorzichtig moet zijn als ik Dekker v.d. Vegt (tegenwoordig selexyx) binnenloop....

Good Lord, could it be a brilliant pun on Law of Nines? Has Tairy authorised this "joke"?

...weet ik i.i.g. dat ik voorzichtig moet zijn als ik Dekker v.d. Vegt (tegenwoordig selexyx) binnenloop....

Dekker vd Vegt?

Damn!

We're closer together then I ever thought!!

Lemming concentration!!

There is another boarder from Nijmegen, namely Artas. I don't know if it's mentioned on his ID though.

What's the correct phrase for a group of lemmings though? You know, flock of seagulls, pride of lions, murder of crows, lamentation of swans...

A gaggle of lemmings?

A leprocy of lemmings?

A suicide-pact of lemmings?

A namble-cock of lemmigs?

A Yeard of lemmings?

Surely it would be a discordance of lemmings

Seems too logical to me. Swans don't lament, Crows don't murder (usually), lions aren't necessarily prowd. Why should lemmings have "groupword" that gives away exactly what lemminghood is all about? Doesn't seem very discordant to me.

Seems too logical to me. Swans don't lament, Crows don't murder (usually), lions aren't necessarily prowd. Why should lemmings have "groupword" that gives away exactly what lemminghood is all about? Doesn't seem very discordant to me.

If a group of crows is a 'murder', perhaps it is a 'suicide of lemmings'.

Personally, I like the word 'parchisi', but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

There is another boarder from Nijmegen, namely Artas. I don't know if it's mentioned on his ID though.

What's the correct phrase for a group of lemmings though? You know, flock of seagulls, pride of lions, murder of crows, lamentation of swans...

A gaggle of lemmings?

A leprocy of lemmings?

A Yeard of lemmings?

a sovjet of Lemmings

A gaggle of lemmings?

A leprocy of lemmings?

A Yeard of lemmings?

The actual correct collective noun is a "parliament of lemmings", IIRC. While I like all your suggestions, remember what Tairy said about democracy in action; I think that a parliament of lemmings works quite well. :)

The actual correct collective noun is a "parliament of lemmings", IIRC. While I like all your suggestions, remember what Tairy said about democracy in action; I think that a parliament of lemmings works quite well. :)

I can live with that.

Either that or "congregation of Lemmings" based on our Holy Church of Latter Day Lemmings

You're serious? A parliament of lemmings? Better than I could have dreamed.

Nope. Google gives zero hits for that.

I vote for a soviet of lemmings, it has a nice ring to it.

Oh, don't tell me I invented that. Sod. :( (I needed to use the collective noun for lemmings in a book about six years ago; I was so certain I'd found the correct term rather than inventing it - for one thing, "parliament" totally didn't scan in the sentence...) Sorry to get your hopes up. :(

Archived