Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

I always thought Easter Eggs = little in-jokes or nods that didn't really have anything to do with the plot and would only be picked up on by careful viewers/readers/gamers who were in on the joke.

From Tormund's descriptions of the Lo9, what Goodkind fans are calling Easter Eggs is apparently The Plot. If you remove them from the book, you're left with no plot.

Ergo, not Easter Eggs.

Maybe to the Yeardites the Plot can be an Easter Egg because they're not reading the book for Plot, they're reading for the Important Human Themes? ;)

Maybe to the Yeardites the Plot can be an Easter Egg because they're not reading the book for Plot, they're reading for the Important Human Themes? ;)

Bingo.

Oh, and the parody the Yeardlings where raving about was Cain (?, the bad guy) being a parody of Barack Obama.

ETA: Although it wouldn't really be a parody, would it? It would be an allegory or parable.

LEMMING ALERT!

There's a new boarder called John Galt, who apparently loves the Sword of Truth series so may well stop by here (he has Kahlan as his av). This is just a friendly warning to PLAY NICE.

I don't normally pull rank, but am doing so now. :pirate:

LEMMING ALERT!

There's a new boarder called John Galt, who apparently loves the Sword of Truth series so may well stop by here (he has Kahlan as his av). This is just a friendly warning to PLAY NICE.

I don't normally pull rank, but am doing so now. :pirate:

Who is John Galt?

I always play nice. It's much more fun to draw the Yeardites into a real conversation than to start a flame war.

Who is John Galt?

I always play nice. It's much more fun to draw the Yeardites into a real conversation than to start a flame war.

Who gives a fuck.

And I try to play nice, but if the touched by Tairy is exceptionally stupid/rude/preaching I'll let my inner troll climb out from that ugly bridge of my soul and rip the asshole to shreds.

Who is John Galt?

Agreed. But if they're looking for the Easter Eggs during the debates, then it's hard to move the conversation forward... :P

I did it. I read the whole thing. Front to back.

I'm wondering if the easter eggs they're talking about are things like Orden, Nebraska and the Daggett Trust or whatever they were called.

Things there were: Bull necks, a broken jaw, broken necks ("He didn't want to get his neck broken...", "He wanted to break their necks..."), slit throats, superhuman feats of pain tolerance, thorazine, a Jeep that has a plot-sensitive starter, special smiles only for him, misunderstandings with a beautiful woman with long hair (except it's blonde, this time!), a grandfather who was more than he seemed (though this one expires fairly early on), obvious (painfully obvious) lines between Radell Cain and Barack Obama, deus ex machina ("how did you figure out how to work the magic thingy?" "I'm an artist."), big, invincible buddies (Hal Halverson, at your service), someone who's drop-dead gorgeous, but completely hideous to the protagonist because of her personality.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone raving against technology the way that Alex mentions. But it's funny, because he disdains the technology on his mobile phone.

Easter eggs are House Jordayne of the Tor, and Elias and Josua in ASoIaF. Obviously Tairites are too stupid to tell the difference. :P

And that bad guy Martin (was he the gallery owner, don't remember any details of the summary, lol) in LotN. ;)

You guys missed the point of it all! I haven't posted in a while but I keep track of my fellow lemmings.

The Easter eggs are not Easter eggs!! in fact, they are "Easter eggs that aren't Easter eggs". It is what they are. Why must Tairy make easter eggs that aren't easter eggs? So they can hatch the offspring of the Evil Chicken that is not a Chicken. Run to the caves and hide! You have invoked the chicken and now you die.

Archived