Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

From that interview.

...those are the kind of characters that scare me the most is the characters who are devoted to their philosophy and that's how the most evil things that mankind has ever done have been hatched out of a sense of doing good so all of those things together add up to people who start wars because they think it's their duty to reform mankind in their image of how mankind should be...

Do that sound like someone we know? ::Cough::Richard::Cough::

Got some sort of holographic card from the movie theatre the other night that is some sort of free itunes download of the season premiere of The Sword of Truth if anyone wants me to send them the info...I don't have itunes, nor do I want the download...

Would it be a sad day where Goodkind doesn't sell enough books to write a sequel for more brilliant books?

Unfortunately, having seen his house and racecar (yes racecar) during the little interview at the end of the Legend of the Seeker dvd set.. I doubt one dud book is going to keep him from inflicting more of his insight on us..

Unfortunately, having seen his house and racecar (yes racecar) during the little interview at the end of the Legend of the Seeker dvd set.. I doubt one dud book is going to keep him from inflicting more of his insight on us..

You own a Legend of the Seeker DVD set? :stunned:

I don't know if somebody else has pointed this out yet

and I know its a bad idea to use logic on the yeard but:

Has anybody actually considered the implications of the characters being "Alex Ralh" and "Jax Amnell"

First, start with Jax

If her last name is Amnell, wouldn't that mean that some/all of Richard/Kahlan's children took Khalan's name for some reason?

Also, were we expressly told that all of her children would be confessors no matter what. Thats the reason why she and Richard shouldn't have kids, because they would have a boy confessor. So why doesn't she have confessor powers? They make it pretty clear that they can't die out.

Wouldn't that imply that she was actually one of Khalan's half-siblings. Except they were not named amnell and they were all idiots and jerks.

Also consider, if she is a decendant of Richard, then his family aquired a terrible case of the stupids somewhere along the line. Also, her responses seem rather nieive to Richard's philosphy (which is now incapsulated in Alex). Why wouldn't she be the one with all the knowledge of living according to the word of the ayn rand.

Also, the implication of the whole story is that the big important thing Richard did while he was god-empeoror of the terryverse (seperating out the non magic people permanently) eventually failed.

Doesn't the whole story imply that Richard's grand quest/idea failed?

Now on to Alex

First, Alex is a relation to the Richard of the other books through Richard's half sister who is a "hole." That means that his relation to Richard comes through Darken Rahl who was a giant jack ass.

Infact, every Rahl we ever hear about except for 3 are basically described as horrible peopel. The exceptions are Richard, Nathan, and Richard's half sister. EVery other Rahl is basically a bad guy. Now, I don't know about you, but when looking for a savior I don't know if I would look to the descendants of the guy who everybody remembers as being evil and terrible beyond imagnining.

Do you really think that in our world anybody would go looking for the great grand nephews of adolf hitler to save the world?

Also, doesn't anybody find it kinda creepy that Jax and Alex MUST basically be a form of distant cousin? While it may be true that it is distant because who knows how much time has passed, from a reader perspective it feels like 1 generation because we were JUST previously reading about richard and kahlan.

Maybe I am off base, but when I think about it there relationship has an incesteous feel. Quite possibly because alex is richard 2.0 and the same for kahlan and Jax.

So there we have it

Alex and Jax really don't make any sense what so ever. How COULD she possibly be name Amnell? Who is she really decended from. Similarly, Alex's ancestrory is not "the good Rhals" but quite distinctly the bad ones. I think this adds a whole new layer of WTF man to this story.

Wouldn't that imply that she was actually one of Khalan's half-siblings. Except they were not named amnell and they were all idiots and jerks.

Maybe she's a decendant of Klan's aunt (her mother's sister) and because all her relatives are either murdered, raped or murdered and raped (in that order) it is quite possible we're talking about another part Rahl because we all know Penis and Darken liked to rape. oh wait. Not Darken. His panis is able to perform a tubal ligation.

The second season of Legend of the Seeker has begun. There's some dark prophecies, and Richard finds out he's Lord Rahl, and he's actually Darken Rahl's brother. Cara has a nude bath scene, a lesbian moment, and plenty of catfighting. It's shaping up to be pretty cool in a trashy sort of way. They are after the actual Stone of Tears this time.

God, I love shows like this where I can just switch off my mind and enjoy the ride.

I've seen it. Richard's an idiot for not going with the D'Harans, and Kalhan (or however the bloody hell you spell her name) is an idiot for not going to her Sisterhood Palace Place. Power would help in their search, but they don't seem to be able to grasp that.

But then again, I don't think it's meant to be taken that serious anyways, so oh well.

I've seen it. Richard's an idiot for not going with the D'Harans, and Kalhan (or however the bloody hell you spell her name) is an idiot for not going to her Sisterhood Palace Place. Power would help in their search, but they don't seem to be able to grasp that.

But then again, I don't think it's meant to be taken that serious anyways, so oh well.

thats not at all remotely an important human theme.

Archived