Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

Here is another attempt.

Pure perfection

"Richard please take off your hood, we are almost before the council," begged Kahlan. They were only one corner away from the meeting.

Richard simply ignored her and went into the crowded room. People began to shout all around him in great rage. Richard made no arguements, but he just stood completely still. Then in one great motion he pulled off his hood the the room fell instantly silent. There before them was the grandest, and most incredible pieces of moral clarity ever seen in this world. A yeard.

Everyone fell to their knees weeping at the sight of this marvel, and some attempted to tear out their unworthy eyes. People crowded around himwith teh hope to touch the robe that he wore.

(I don't think there's much more to say)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I did a good deed today. I was in a bookstore, browsing in the fantasy section. Next to me was a man looking through the Sword of Truth series and clearly trying to figure out which the first one was. At first I thought I'd just wait it out, hoping he wouldn't find it and would have to buy something else instead, but no such luck. As he pulled out Wizard's First Rule, I offered him A Game of Thrones and said "read this instead." He didn't put back WFR, but he took GoT too, so I'm hoping that, after reading Martin's writing, it'll be impossible to read even a page of Goodkind without throwing the book violently across the room. Only time will tell.

I don't know why (is that why I choose death?) but I feel it's time for a confession, one that is long overdue. I read WFR once.

I was studying in Scotland at the time, and the occasional tedium of a poor student's life drove me to give fantasy "important human themed literature" *makes wanking gesture* a try, only having read LOTR and The Hobbit of that genre before. I can't remember why I fell on WFR, but I suppose I thought marketing can't always be the reason for high sales numbers, there has to be a reason why this series sells so well. In this case, I suppose I was wrong.

Reading it was like watching clowns in the circus. Even though they scare the everloving crap out of you, their antics can be somewhat amusing. But it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth, and I very nearly decided against buying any fantasy again. Luckily I decided to give it another go, and the next randomly chosen book was AGOT, which suited my tastes infinitely better.

So I'm ashamed to say that I fed the Yeard, but I think I made up for it by spitting in the face of life and donated it, as well as other books I'd bought, to Oxfam when I left Scotland. (I feel kinda bad about dumping it on their lap, but what could I do? Look at the Dead Sea scrolls - what if archaeologists found my buried copy of WFR millennia from now and came to the conclusion that this was something someone wanted preserved for eternity, in stead of having buried it in the dead of night out of compunction and bald-faced shame?)

These threads, or the ones I've been fortunate enough to have read, have helped me realize just how bad this series is, and are also funny as hell. But not like clowns. *Shudders*.

Well I just recieved Wizard's First Rule from my library again. The last time was over the summer and I just couldn't stand it anymore. But I really want to experiance the stupidity first-hand. Wish me luck

Well I just recieved Wizard's First Rule from my library again. The last time was over the summer and I just couldn't stand it anymore. But I really want to experiance the stupidity first-hand. Wish me luck

Dude... why? Reading the phone book would contribute more to your life. Unless you're an aspiring writer, in which case I encourage exposing yourself to such drivel. As much as I hate his books I have to admit that the man did something right.

Unless you're an aspiring writer, in which case I encourage exposing yourself to such drivel.

Yeah I am, almost done with my first one. I have to find out what not to do. I'm going to add some allusions about TG in it, like people running from a evil chicken and such.

Wow... this is awful. I'm only at chapter 5 and already want to slug someone. I have never been able to read a full page and I find myself skipping many pages at a time. It can only get worse from here

3) MinDonner you collectivist dog, I expect to see my masterpiece posted on your blog within the hour. You left me hanging when I wrote The Truthslinger, and unless you want to cause a schizm in our Church, you will not do it again!

Sorry dude. The blog's kinda defunct now. Rise up and live your life and make your own? Freedom, not slavery! You're not the boss of me! *throws sword and pirate plumber flag out of pram*

Mystar knows, therefore Terry knows. I understood a while back one of them sent GRRM a complaining E-Mail about us, although since TG is too manly to have an internet (although he still has a website, for some reason).

Wow... this is awful. I'm only at chapter 5 and already want to slug someone. I have never been able to read a full page and I find myself skipping many pages at a time. It can only get worse from here

I only made it half way through. It does not get better.

Archived