Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

Fucking wow, you guys have something amazing going on here. I signed up here just to write this post. And to think the only reason I found this place was because the official fan forum was down, and I googled "Terry Goodkind forum" out of boredom.

I like Terry's books a lot, but apparently the ability to see that anything in the world can be flawed (especially in the eyes of others) can't be attributed to age as I'm 20 and mystar is probably in his 30's and from what I've read here, he actually tries to get you people to quit having fun with the glaring flaws of Terry's books. I spent about an hour laughing my sorry ass off reading this thread last night. Especially at the parodies and how I kept stumbling upon the word "yeard" and had no idea what it was, so I urbandictionary'd it and proceeded to laugh until my face turned blue.

Another thing that got me was this:

Please tell me the enemy within wears red leather and wields pain-bringing dildos.

Pleeease.

Hee hee.

I've read the entire SoT series twice, and I'm about to start the third time.

Must be the hypnotic power of the yeard.

*disappears in a smokey cloud of important human themes*

Fucking wow, you guys have something amazing going on here. I signed up here just to write this post. And to think the only reason I found this place was because the official fan forum was down, and I googled "Terry Goodkind forum" out of boredom.

I like Terry's books a lot, but apparently the ability to see that anything in the world can be flawed (especially in the eyes of others) can't be attributed to age as I'm 20 and mystar is probably in his 30's and from what I've read here, he actually tries to get you people to quit having fun with the glaring flaws of Terry's books. I spent about an hour laughing my sorry ass off reading this thread last night. Especially at the parodies and how I kept stumbling upon the word "yeard" and had no idea what it was, so I urbandictionary'd it and proceeded to laugh until my face turned blue.

Another thing that got me was this:

Hee hee.

I've read the entire SoT series twice, and I'm about to start the third time.

Must be the hypnotic power of the yeard.

*disappears in a smokey cloud of important human themes*

Mystar is a 50+ year-old man named Ron Wilson. Makes you wonder how a man that age can act like that sometimes...

Patrick

You'll notice that the Goodkind novel being promoted is hailed as the next Richard and Kahlan story, not the next Sword of Truth novel. Makes me wonder if he couldn't use The Sword of Truth name without Disney's approval, or fear they'd profit off it, due to his original deal with the company.

I'm pretty sure this new book is a stand alone literary work unconnected to Goodkind's earlier works and outside the limiting scope of any kind of genre fiction. It will be a sincere attempt, by Goodkind, to examine morality as it manifests within the human psyche, taking the rather daring approach of speaking from the point of view of Truth. To more fully realise his theme, Goodkind has chosen to set this work in world somewhat removed from our own. It is his belief that ideas can be better examined if they are divorced from common associations and viewed in a new light. He has decided that this "new world" of his should have swords, to represent the need for a sharp and steady intellect in dealing with Truth; it should have magic, to represent that some insights come from beyond the mundane; and it should have dragons because they are "wicked cool" especially when they are red.

While Goodkind stresses that this new book is completely unrelated to his previous series, the Sword of Truth, dedicated and perceptive fans may be able to pick up hidden "easter eggs" scattered throughout the book. A careful reading of page one will reveal that Goodkind has named a character Richard Rahl, and while you may not have realised this, there is a character in Goodkind's earlier books with exactly the same name. Reading further it is strongly hinted that Richard is married to a woman named Kahlan, and lives in a country called D'Hara, but the truly telling point, I think, comes later when Richard punches a hole in a box of fruit and a melon falls through. From this we can determine that the hole is exactly melon-sized. And where else have we seen a melon-sized hole punched? That's right! Though you may not have noticed, this Richard Rahl is exactly the same Richard Rahl that we have encountered before. Genius!

Just to clarify: is that Patrick Rothfuss signature authentic? Did he really write that? :rofl:

So, thought you Lemmings would enjoy this:

http://mistborn.livejournal.com/147622.html

Kahlan exclaims that she was never part of a “fantasy” novel in the first place, and so disappears in a puff of hypocrisy.

:lol:

And unrelated to this thread, but I loved the ending, too:

And at that point, the great Cthulhu himself awakens, and his terrible, alien nature drives everyone irrevocably insane.

Rand wins by default, since he was already insane, and Cthulhu showing up doesn’t really change him at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, we just got Cthulhu’d.

Finished reading Brent Weeks trilogy, and I think he makes a stab at our old friend Terry in his About the author section:

BRENT WEEKS was born and raised in Montana. After getting his paper keys from Hillsdale College, Brent had brief stints walking the earth like Caine from Kung Fu, tending bar, and corrupting the youth. (Not at the same time.) He started writing on bar napkins, then on lesson plans, then full time. Eventually, someone paid him for it. Brent lives in Oregon with his wife, Kristi. He doesn’t own cats or wear a ponytail. Find out more about the author at www.brentweeks.com.

Even if that's not meant for Goodkind, I'm interpreting it as such. :P

I woke up with a pounding headache and the taste of vomit in my mouth. The last thing I could remember was reading this thread and having some drinks. Suddenly I realized it was April. The Yeard finally broke my brain beyond what liquor could withstand. Wow! Still at it after all this time. You guys are the best.

MOOSE!

You damn reprobate, wasn't sure you were even still alive. Hmm... if you died, could I put one of GK's books in a blender and pour it over your grave like a 40 oz? All gangsta 'n shit.

I'll expect all lemmings to blend Tairy books with booze and drink it during a toast at my wake.

Thank god. Moose returns. I had to fill in for you on law of nines ya bastard. Next one's yours.

Next one? Please say it ain't so! :stunned:

I have to say that I'm really liking Legend of the Seeker. Craig Horner is not Richard, but that's a good thing. I actually like the characters. Is this wrong?

It's really just a Sam Raimi show with names borrowed from SoT. This "Richard" is all altruistic and stuff and more like the answer to "what if Richard was actually a good person instead of a self-centered douchebag?"

Archived