Goodkind XLVI: Behold the BRILLIANCE

Gabriele

I have returned.

I must thank Tormund for his altruistic sacrifice in reading Lo9 for us. You are a brave and foolish man. Someone should have told Tairy about the classic blunders, the most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when parody is on the line!

If a group of crows is a 'murder', perhaps it is a 'suicide of lemmings'.

I like it, and so decree it to be true. We are a proud suicide of Lemmings.

Terrifying or Terryfying.

He had written some godawful book (no surprise there), and was in some kind of discussion area with all of us trying to point out all the horrible flaws in his premise. And he was winning the argument!

What a nightmare.

Following the link that Xalinor provided, I found a link were a friendly Yeardite quoted the law of nines from the book. Here it is:

Three is a base component of nine. The multiplying element. That's why twenty-seven is key: it's the third nine. It's called the Law of Nines.

So now we finally know! The law of nines is the law of multiplication!

btw this sig one of the users has reminds me of a sig we have here

Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours. :lol:

So which book is this from?

Oh yeah. The brilliance is already leaving me!

So does DIck require his fallowers to do the same as his father?

I actually wrote a brief essay on that topic. MinDonner preserved it for posterity and you can find it here on her site. It is the second essay from the top.

I did it.

I fed the yeard.

I bought The Law of Nines at Costco for just about half off the cover price.

I read the first two chapters out loud to my wife (who also has read the Sword of Truth series and shares my doubts about it). We shared some laughs. Especially about the pirate plumbers.

I keep thinking a switch is going to go on for Goodkind and the books are going to start getting better.

Still waiting...

At half the cover price, the Yeard would still get the same money, it's just the shop in question that makes less profit on it, right?

So you still fed the Yeard.

My library is dragging its feet. I wanna read it, damn it.

Archived