GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

Lots of speculation, but no results. I agree with Reyne that mods wouldn't control alts, but that's about it. So, why don't we...dunno...ask?

Questions to mods:

You have listed the roles that have been used. Is there a possibility that a role has been used that had not been listed?

Can one player

Liddle Clearly, these are attempts to look as they they are contributing without actually saying much.

Uh, yes, because I was really attempting to contribute at that point of the game. You'll note my earlier post, which you handily omitted:

Also just because this is filler nonsense before shit gets real.

You should know that shit had not got real by the time of the posts you are quoting.

I agree that both Martell and Reyne look very artificial.

When was it said that they looked artificial? And what do you mean? Do you have some points to back that up?

I don't have time to find quotes that I think were fluffier/more suspicious examples of role speculation, but you said you thought his breakdown of the game was overly complete. But you said you thought an FM would be forced to come up with wild arguments from different POVs. By that logic, wouldn't an alt be more likely to present one side of the story in his post, rather than saving all of them for one account.

This is a fair point, but I disagree. There are more ways to differentiate your alt's opinions than just each picking an issue each and arguing it. You could have one alt willingly accept the majority opinion and run with it and another spray out as many different possibilities as they can think of and seriously consider them all. I still think the wilder ideas are more likely to come from people with multiple alts. Not only do they have to dream up more positions, but they also want to avoid looking like they know too much. And I still contend that alts with no players is ridiculous. How does they play out? They don't speak and they're modkilled. Or, they're not modkilled and we knows there's something up with them. Do we vote for them then? Presumably, since we know that the zombies are evil. So now we have to spend a couple of days clearing out the dead wood.

Good zombies, and mod zombies I can at least understand from a position of balance, and I do acknowledge that too many evil zombies raise all sorts of balance questions.

And here's a fun question for you. If you think Plumm is a red priest, what other alts do you think he's controlling? :P

That is the fun question. I don't have any good answers for it just yet other than Greyjoy...

And vice-versa? You notice Greyjoy was the third one to vote for Plumm--and voted for Plumm before Plumm retaliated.

...and, yes, vice-versa. Plumm wants to create distance from Greyjoy. Greyjoy kindly offers him a reason to do just that.

Lots of speculation, but no results. I agree with Reyne that mods wouldn't control alts, but that's about it. So, why don't we...dunno...ask?

Questions to mods:

You have listed the roles that have been used. Is there a possibility that a role has been used that had not been listed?

Can one player

Don't think I could make it any clearer:

Special Rules and Roles for this Game

Days will be no more than 32 hours long; nights no more than 8 hours.

Roles that will be used:

Finders

Healers

Guards

Killers (the FM team will consists of Red Priests and the Zombies they control)

This is a fair point, but I disagree. There are more ways to differentiate your alt's opinions than just each picking an issue each and arguing it. You could have one alt willingly accept the majority opinion and run with it and another spray out as many different possibilities as they can think of and seriously consider them all. I still think the wilder ideas are more likely to come from people with multiple alts. Not only do they have to dream up more positions, but they also want to avoid looking like they know too much. And I still contend that alts with no players is ridiculous. How does they play out? They don't speak and they're modkilled. Or, they're not modkilled and we knows there's something up with them. Do we vote for them then? Presumably, since we know that the zombies are evil. So now we have to spend a couple of days clearing out the dead wood.

I think it's more likely that the people with alts will be less likely to even participate in the conversation. It's harder to pretend ignorance than it is to just not say anything.

It isn't usual game and I don't expect us to play as usual. This time we have much stronger reasons to lynch a low poster.

Fair enough. Since low players rarely get lynched day one you really should be supporting their lynch this time by, a) pushing the reasoning for voting low players now, and b) supporting the vote that existed on a low player at the time you voted. By voting Piper you made it less likely that either Piper or Greyjoy would be lynched.

I agree that both Martell and Reyne look very artificial.

I have a feeling that Reyne is just being contrary. It's a fairly brave FM that points a sign on themselves that says, "look at me, I'm not helping".

It was said that they (well, Martell at least, but Reyne is very much alike Martell) are "dumb". I think "artificial" is a better term. Or "late", like as "the late lord Frey". :)

I think it was said that Martell was acting dumb. A friendly reminder, that saying you think someone is faking being dumb comes close to calling the player dumb, and we should do our best to avoid personal insults.

Thank you.

Dondarrion has about 40 minutes to post or he will be replaced. This will be the only repleacement of the game. (I only replace players who don't show up, not those who have posted then disappeared)

Piper, welcome to the game and all that, but...uh, is that it? Because you're a little late, and considering things have already got serious, that first post didn't really say anything at all. So is there anyone you find suspicious?

That is the fun question. I don't have any good answers for it just yet other than Greyjoy...

Do you notice any similarities between Greyjoy's and Plumm's posting styles?

Looks like the two cases right now are on Plumm because people didn’t agree with him and Greyjoy is a bandwagoner; and on Martel for acting dumb. While I agree with Lannister about Plumm, I disagree with him about Martell. Would anyone, even the mods, deliberately act that dumb? It is sure to draw attention that no one wants.

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that the people controlling the alts might be...you know, having fun. Because I've noticed a certain pattern of behaviour in several of the players--making safe posts about the set-up, posting short one-liners, dropping hints...

Either way, I'd certainly like to hear more from Martell. If he's just a new player, then I want him to explain himself.

I think it was said that Martell was acting dumb. A friendly reminder, that saying you think someone is faking being dumb comes close to calling the player dumb, and we should do our best to avoid personal insults.

Just in case I've been horribly wrong all game...sorry, Martell. :(

is any of this role distrubution disscussion actually helping? even if we did find out the exact distrubution(unlikely with the red priests/zombies giving us false information) we would still have no idea who the to lynch. it also gives the redpriests/zombies a perfect cover to appear helpful while not actually doing anything. i think it is best to just play the game and to stop worrying avout what the twist is.

I haven't thought about the last. If zombie dies with his controller, my suggestion is bad, agreed.

I wanted some concurention. It's better to try lynching several low posters. Vote analysis, you know.

What if the twist includes them not being modkilled?

Artificially and lamely attempting to introduce a choice between two low posters in a non-CF game is basically pointless. If we still had loads of time to consolidate then there's no pressure on anyone and no real choice, and if we don't then you are just reducing the chance we lynch a low poster. Yeh sure inevitable lynches are bad, but there was no real danger of one, so your behaviour to me seems contrived and fishy.

And if alts aren't modkilled after not posting, the mods will be breaking their own rules. It won't happen.

I can't imagine this to be true. They would be way too recognizible. And... what whould be a point to have them if they can't vote?

Well, there is a possibility they can kill... then, we should just lynch every non-voter.

Ok, I suggest everybody to vote somebody early to prove their ability to do so.

Now I am leaving for about two hours, don't lose me. :)

P.S. And Greyjoy's third vote looks vert sheepish.

Yeh I'm sure everyone can vote - I'm not sure that suggesting we check is doing anything but pretending to be helpful

I seem to remember that the greyjoy vote you complain of was on you. If so, I call OMGUS and see an attempt to smear people who don't like you. If I'm misremembering, I apologise, but I still disagree with your point.

Your welcome. If there is anything else I can answer, please don't hesitate to ask.

Are you a zombie/someone's second alt?

And why are you so unhelpful?

is any of this role distrubution disscussion actually helping? even if we did find out the exact distrubution(unlikely with the red priests/zombies giving us false information) we would still have no idea who the to lynch. it also gives the redpriests/zombies a perfect cover to appear helpful while not actually doing anything. i think it is best to just play the game and to stop worrying avout what the twist is.

I agree. This is the reason I don't like games with big twists in - it distracts us and only helps the evilz.

Targ, you could at least provide a vote count since you are around.

Obviously, we should try and lynch either red priests or zombies. I agree with whoever said that they would likely be in the low posters, too bad that seems to be a majority. Looking at just the players with 5 and under posts we have:

House Liddle 5

House Hoare 4

House Kettleblack 3

House Tarth 3

House Tyrell 3

House Myre 3

House Martell 3

House Cerwyn 2

House Webber 2

House Piper 1

House Stokeworth 1

House Tully 1

I'd like to lynch either Tully, Piper, Webber or Cerwyn. Let's start with Tully.

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

5 votes for Plumm ( Royce, Kettleblack, Greyjoy, Stonetree, Cerwyn)

2 votes for Liddle ( Tarth, Hoare)

2 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister)

1 vote for Baratheon ( Liddle)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

1 vote for Piper ( Plumm)

1 vote for Tully ( Stokeworth)

7 players have not voted: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Martell, Piper, Reyne, Tully, Tyrell.

Artificially and lamely attempting to introduce a choice between two low posters in a non-CF game is basically pointless. If we still had loads of time to consolidate then there's no pressure on anyone and no real choice, and if we don't then you are just reducing the chance we lynch a low poster. Yeh sure inevitable lynches are bad, but there was no real danger of one, so your behaviour to me seems contrived and fishy.
And what I should do, from your PoV? To support candicacy of a first low poster suggested by a person whom I have no reason to trust? Sorry, I have my weak sides, but I am in no way a sheep.
I seem to remember that the greyjoy vote you complain of was on you. If so, I call OMGUS and see an attempt to smear people who don't like you.
So? Do you want to say I have no right to accuse no person who is suspicious of me, regardless of how weak their opinion is? If so, evils would be in ideal position, they would just need to accuse everybody earlier than goodies could have a chance to accuse them.

Please make an opinion: am I partnered with Greyjoy or not?

Archived