GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

Obviously, we should try and lynch either red priests or zombies. I agree with whoever said that they would likely be in the low posters, too bad that seems to be a majority. Looking at just the players with 5 and under posts we have:

<snip the numbers>

I'd like to lynch either Tully, Piper, Webber or Cerwyn. Let's start with Tully.

I thought mafia had advanced to the point where we actually found reasons to vote people on day one other than their post count, Mr. Pot?

Stokeworth. I think the non zombies will be the ones who are actually working hard at this game and not looking for the easiest way to fake contribute something. Your posts clearly show you want to put as little effort forward as possible. This makes you my prime suspect right now for being a zombie.

*I had a lot more time available when I first signed up for this game.

I thought mafia had advanced to the point where we actually found reasons to vote people on day one other than their post count, Mr. Pot?

Stokeworth. I think the non zombies will be the ones who are actually working hard at this game and not looking for the easiest way to fake contribute something. Your posts clearly show you want to put as little effort forward as possible. This makes you my prime suspect right now for being a zombie.

*I had a lot more time available when I first signed up for this game.

Just remember there are likely several people who had a lot more time when they originally signed up. That is no excuse for me to be lazy about my choices though. You will notice I did change my vote. Martell does have a low post count, but he also was behaving strangely and he has not yet provided a reason for that behavior.

Hmmm. There's a lot of waffle in this thread.

I agree with Baratheon that if we can't figure out how to 'break' the setup, we may as well play it like a normal game. In fact I haven't seen anything at odds with that view in 99% of setups.

Waffles are good for breakfast, bad for mafia. I also think we should just play this game like normal until we learn something that tells us to do otherwise.

I agree that zombies/red priests would have a high chance to be in the low end of posters. I disagree that Martell has a higher than normal chance to be one of them. What I have seen so far is newbishness. Reyne is obviously and in your face unhelpful, so I'd rather not go for him either. If an evil were to use the under-the-radar strategy, I wouldn't think they would want to draw attention to themselves like that. If I had to chose, I'd vote for Martell over Reyne (as would everyone else, apparently).

It's hard to not be distracted by an advertised twist, but I do agree we can't solve it without more info. I don't think it hurts to put possibilities out there, though. There has been some game-play discussion threaded throughout these posts between the zombie talk.

I agree that zombies/red priests would have a high chance to be in the low end of posters. I disagree that Martell has a higher than normal chance to be one of them. What I have seen so far is newbishness. Reyne is obviously and in your face unhelpful, so I'd rather not go for him either. If an evil were to use the under-the-radar strategy, I wouldn't think they would want to draw attention to themselves like that. If I had to chose, I'd vote for Martell over Reyne (as would everyone else, apparently).
And what if I'd tell you I'd vote Reyne over Martell? Would it change your mind?

Greyjoy, as I see it, you try very hard to stay within a frame of popular options and to do what everybody else does. I didn't want to play this game in a regular way, but you are too suspicious to be ignored.

And what I should do, from your PoV? To support candicacy of a first low poster suggested by a person whom I have no reason to trust? Sorry, I have my weak sides, but I am in no way a sheep.

I'd hardly call a second vote on a low poster sheepish. I might even call it useful pressure.

So? Do you want to say I have no right to accuse no person who is suspicious of me, regardless of how weak their opinion is?

Which of my opinions were weak? As far as I recall, you started throwing suspicion on me because of my third 'bandwagon' vote on you, not because of anything specific opinion I had.

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

5 votes for Plumm ( Royce, Kettleblack, Greyjoy, Stonetree, Cerwyn)

4 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister, Stokeworth, Tyrell)

2 votes for Liddle ( Tarth, Hoare)

1 vote for Baratheon ( Liddle)

1 vote for Greyjoy ( Plumm)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

6 players have not voted: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Martell, Piper, Reyne, Tully.

Yep, i agree that we should try to play this as a normal game. Because, we can only speculate, and can't know anything for certain. It is logical that it will be revealed at some point in the game, because then it wouldn't be a twist. I think it is best that we focus on voting, because the day ends in six hours. And there still are players that didn't vote..

And i also considered voting for Reyne in the beginning, but later dropped him out of the suspect list, after Lannister's text . Being harsh and unsympathetic isn't nice, but it doesn't make him a zombie or priest more than anybody else. It isn't objective.

I think I'm becoming a Plumm symp, because he took the words out of my mouth (ETA: with his reply to Royce, I mean, not with his Greyjoy vote).

is any of this role distrubution disscussion actually helping? even if we did find out the exact distrubution(unlikely with the red priests/zombies giving us false information) we would still have no idea who the to lynch. it also gives the redpriests/zombies a perfect cover to appear helpful while not actually doing anything. i think it is best to just play the game and to stop worrying avout what the twist is.

I totally agree that we should just play the game for now. So why don't you start doing that? I don't mean to be harsh, but this is the first post you've made that wasn't a zombie joke. Who do you suspect? Name one person you think is faking helpfulness by posting role speculation, but not actually contributing.

And Royce. You were all excited to have permission to spam before. What caused your drop in activity? Who do you suspect now?

You know what I think is fake helpfulness? Posting about how all the set-up discussion is soooooo uncontributive long after we've moved on from set-up speculation. It's obvious, empty filler that sounds helpful on a superficial level but in reality bogs down progress. We all know we can't stay on set-up speculation forever. But there are already a few cases floating around. Why don't you comment on those? Or better yet, make your own? It seems like the people who are protesting the most over how unproductive we've been are the ones who've contributed the least.

I'd hardly call a second vote on a low poster sheepish. I might even call it useful pressure.
Okey-dokey. In 20-player game, second vote is much more of a pressure than first one, that's what you are trying to say? Don't you see yourself what a rubbish it is?
Which of my opinions were weak?
Which weren't? Don't you agree that joining a majority without saying anything original is always weak?

What the hell Plumm? What specifically is suspicous about me? That I'd prefer to vote Martell over Reyne if forced to chose? Or that it's a safe opinion? My timing is bad, but I like to try and weigh in on things that are being discussed. My reason is that I feel it would be easier to fake and get sympathy for being a noob than for being stubborn, thus be less likely to garner votes. Having said that, I'd rather not vote either one off at this point.

This talk of feigning stupidity is easy to do. You have no idea what Martell is like. He can't defend himself since you are basically telling him his state of mind. And really, how many times have we had an evil feigning stupidity? I think it's a stupid accusation and I will not vote based on it.

A second vote in a 20 player game might not be a lot of pressure, but a single vote is certainly isn't.

I explained my reasons why I voted for you and when - you believe me or you don't. You're not arguing against anything I have said specifically, but rather my timing. That is more suspicious than the multitude of players staying below the radar? I thought you were the one who said it is more important than ever to look at the low posters. If so, why aren't you examining them rather than locking your sights on the first moving target?

What the hell Plumm? What specifically is suspicous about me? That I'd prefer to vote Martell over Reyne if forced to chose? Or that it's a safe opinion?
Yes it is. You joined one safe option and reveal readiness to switch to another safe option.
My timing is bad,
Mine is also, I'll have to leave very soon. Logical move would be to vote Martell, but I don't want it to be me or him. I want it to be you or him. Adding to the previous staff, I don't like your reaction on getting one single vote.

I don't want to vote for Martell or Reyne at this point. I was going to suggest Tarth as a low-poster with a mildly puzzling/suspicious post,but I see he is here now so hopefully we'll get more from him.

It's not that I have a vote, it's that it's coming from you who I find suspicious. I am miffed that your actions linked us together in some people's minds and I really don't like the game you're playing so far.

I explained my reasons why I voted for you and when - you believe me or you don't.
I don't, sorry.
I thought you were the one who said it is more important than ever to look at the low posters. If so, why aren't you examining them rather than locking your sights on the first moving target?
Man, isn't it overdefensive? I have five votes on me, Martell has four, and you are effectively praying me to move my single vote to somewhere else? Why to bother so much?

I've examined things much enough before putting my vote on you. I've questioned and voted other players before you. Now I am happy with my vote where it is.

Archived