GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

This is pathetic.

You know what, I have to leave now to go to class, but before I go:

Baratheon. Martell. Tyrell. Myre. Tarth. Liddle. Hoare. Piper. Tully. Stokeworth. Reyne. I have a favour to ask from all of you.

I want you to vote for me.

Yes. I'm being entirely serious. Cast a vote today for me. And then ask Targ to do a votecount to make sure it registered. (Although it would be very thoughtful of you to remove it before the day's end. And please don't do it all at the same time, because eleven players is enough for a lynch. :P)

Kettleblack voted for Plumm and Greyjoy (who I don't think are zombies), and Webber voted for Kettleblack. I still suspect them, but this theory doesn't apply to them.

i'm not sure what the point of this but ok, i'll bite.

Lannister

Wow. I was writing this post and just noticed that Myre beat me to the punch. The similarities are kind of eerie:

First, I'm voting for Martell. I think there's a high chance he's a zombie.

Simply put, I think he's playing dumb. He's ten steps behind everyone else. He keeps on calling attention to how clueless he is. All of his points are obvious and inane to the point that it seems forced. For example, long after everyone agreed that there were multiple alts:

I did not know that multiple alts are allowed, and I did not get the impression that there already was a consensus about this issue. Is it that unusual to have 20 players in a game?

You are right that I am relatively new to mafia. It didnt make sense to me that some players can use more than one alt. Thats why I was confused and obviously a bit clueless.

I don't like Plumm and Greyjoy very much. But then they are contributing which is a good thing. I don't understand why Lannister wants to belynched. What kind of strategy is that? :o

Lannister, you're not going to be able to get all those people to do that in 3 hours, not even close, so what exactly would be the point? Someone will either:

A) Miss the deadline and claim they weren't here

or B) Put a vote on you and forget to take it off, possibly drawing away from a successful lynch mob

or C) Refuse to do it for whatever floaty headed reason and then spend the rest of the day arguing with you to make them do it.

Lannister - Can I have a vote count Targ, pretty please with sprinkled sugar and a cherry on top? *bats eyelashes*

I'm a million different people from one day to the next...

Such a bittersweet symphony...

It was said that they (well, Martell at least, but Reyne is very much alike Martell) are "dumb". I think "artificial" is a better term. Or "late", like as "the late lord Frey". :)

You've been reprimanded by Targ already so I won't have a go for your choice of words, but you didn't give me any points as to what you meant in the first place. I asked for points.

Lannister - to test your theory, would they have to vote for you? asking for 11 votes from people who haven't been around much and expect them to leave them on long enough to register and then trust them to take them off again is very gutsy. I will volounteer myself to get some test votes if it would help (but not too many please :P)

This talk of feigning stupidity is easy to do. You have no idea what Martell is like. He can't defend himself since you are basically telling him his state of mind. And really, how many times have we had an evil feigning stupidity? I think it's a stupid accusation and I will not vote based on it.

Calling someone stupid for calling someone stupid? :lol:

All right, this vote count here should be correct:

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

5 votes for Plumm ( Greyjoy, Royce, Kettleblack, Stonetree, Cerwyn)

3 votes for Lannister ( Baratheon, Liddle, Tyrell)

3 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister, Stokeworth)

2 votes for Greyjoy ( Plumm, Martell)

2 votes for Liddle ( Tarth, Hoare)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

4 players have not voted: Dondarrion, Piper, Reyne, Tully.

Well, when you figure it out, let us know. :P

Also, is there anyone you suspect besides Plumm?

I've been rereading the thread in bits between having some computer issues, and I just disagree with most of Plumm's ideas to this point, plus his reactions to other people highlighting them. I'm not going to pretend that those are the main reasons though. It's mostly gut and the fact that he is rubbing me the wrong way.

I don't really have any other suspects at the moment (I seem to be having a bit of a lazy day one), but there are several players I wouldn't vote for today (Lannister, Martell, Baratheon). I'm disappointing myself in my ability to get strong reads on players at the moment.

Finshed my reread. The main theme while I've been away has been the discussion between Plumm and Greyjoy. I agree with those who say that Plumm's logic has some loopholes. I basically agree with what Stonetree said:

This is a fair point, but I disagree. There are more ways to differentiate your alt's opinions than just each picking an issue each and arguing it. You could have one alt willingly accept the majority opinion and run with it and another spray out as many different possibilities as they can think of and seriously consider them all. I still think the wilder ideas are more likely to come from people with multiple alts. Not only do they have to dream up more positions, but they also want to avoid looking like they know too much. And I still contend that alts with no players is ridiculous. How does they play out? They don't speak and they're modkilled. Or, they're not modkilled and we knows there's something up with them. Do we vote for them then? Presumably, since we know that the zombies are evil. So now we have to spend a couple of days clearing out the dead wood.

I slightly disagree with Reyne:

By the way, lets stop speculating about mods controlling alts. They won't. It serves absolutely no purpose and there is no way it could actually increase the level of fun we'd have.

I think it is not very likely that the mods control some alts, but it's not impossible. I still did not see a convincing explanation how a scenario like this should wwork for the innocents, but this does not mean we should completely rule out mod controled alts. After all there is a twist in this game.

My suspects are Royce, Tully, Tyrell and Hoare. They all give me the impression of a middle-of-the-road player. Martell also gives me some headaches. Either Lannister is right about him or he really is that careless. Finally I didn't like the way how Plumm disappeared. Sounds like a cheap excuse to keep his vote where it is. Piper and Stokeworth have to post more, seriously.

Okay. So I might as well explain where I was going.

I've noticed a pattern among certain players. They pop in out of nowhere, attack a low poster, and then disappear. And then another low poster comes out of nowhere and attacks them. I have to go now, but I'll provide quotes later if you need.

But what really got me thinking was Myre's vote on Martell. This is a bit meta, but I feel comfortable posting it here--after all, I can't prove anything. You know I strongly suspect Martell (and his recent posts have not swayed me. Come on. That's really isn't the best acting job :P. I can practically hear you laughing your ass off as you were writing it.) Then Myre apparently read my mind by making a case on him:

I think the idea of everyone voting is a good one. Martell. He seems to be playing rather dumb, and I am just not buying it.

This was three minutes before I posted a case on Martell that began like this:

Wow. I was writing this post and just noticed that Myre beat me to the punch. The similarities are kind of eerie:

First, I'm voting for Martell. I think there's a high chance he's a zombie.

Simply put, I think he's playing dumb.

I then followed it with this:

"Playing dumb." Wow, Myre. You totally read my mind. What are the chances you'd come up with that wording on your own? :P

Now you may or may not have noticed the irony dripping from that post. But the truth was that it wasn't all that much of a coincidence to me.

You know why?

Because I had already sent a thoughts post to the mods in which I described Martell as "playing dumb." In the exact same wording!

Also, this might be reading too deeply into things, but note his reply to me:

I guess that not only do great minds think alike, they spot the mindless as well.

Since then, I've noticed that quite a few of the quick-voters have gone after Martell. And then I noticed more players fitting the pattern I mentioned above--the pot calling the kettle black, if you will.

If the mods are controlling some of the alts, then my theory is that they would deliberately stay uninvolved and refrain from attacking of the players. That would be one way to keep things balanced. I thought there might have been a rule explicitly preventing from voting for innocents or non-zombies, but I guess either there isn't one or the mods decided to waive it for a few posts.

Lannister - to test your theory, would they have to vote for you? asking for 11 votes from people who haven't been around much and expect them to leave them on long enough to register and then trust them to take them off again is very gutsy. I will volounteer myself to get some test votes if it would help (but not too many please :P)

It wasn't all that gutsy. After all, I doubted all eleven of them were evil.

Damn it. I was hoping we'd have a finder reveal before the end of the day, but no. I'm keeping my vote on Plumm for now anyway, as I've had no particular reason to suspect anyone else more, and I won't be around later for the end of the day (I actually went to bed, then remembered I should probably come back and post something, so had to get up again).

Archived