This is great forum

John_Galt

I am really enjoying these forums. From what I've seen so far, there is no censorship and a lot of interesting posts - sure beats other sites' MISC sections. The last thing that will make me happy, is if the forum is at least ideologically balanced (if not leaning towards my views). I've just joined yesterday (after finishing 4th ASOIAF book), so haven't gotten a chance to gauge that yet.

I am really enjoying these forums. From what I've seen so far, there is no censorship and a lot of interesting posts - sure beats other sites' MISC sections. The last thing that will make me happy, is if the forum is at least ideologically balanced (if not leaning towards my views). I've just joined yesterday (after finishing 4th ASOIAF book), so haven't gotten a chance to gauge that yet.

*pops popcorn.... waits for the hounds*

The last thing that will make me happy, is if the forum is at least ideologically balanced (if not leaning towards my views).

Just judging by your screen name, I'm going to say no, most folks on the board will not slant toward your views, some will be violently and viciously against them. You could entertain the rest of us by starting a gun control or anti-taxation thread though.

That's not Kahlan in your avatar, is it?

It is - though people often think it's Joan of Arc. The Sword of Truth used to be one of my favorite series, until the Song of Ice and Fire that is. I found Martin's willingness to kill major protagonists at will very refreshing.

Well welcome. :cheers: I probably don't share your views (I'm just guessing by your name) but that doesn't matter to me. There are other members of this board that I don't agree with everything they say, but that I still respect.

Well welcome. :cheers: I probably don't share your views (I'm just guessing by your name) but that doesn't matter to me. There are other members of this board that I don't agree with everything they say, but that I still respect.

I never said I want this to become objectivism-online.net, as long as there are enough 'free-market' posters to balance out the 'commies', I'll be happy. Same goes for 'terrorist-supporters', 'crying-heart liberals', 'tax-and-spend democrats' and 'xtian fundies' :P

There is most definitely censorship on this board. I know. I'm one of the censors. :D

That said, we don't eject people from the board for the simple fact that they hold political views that are in the minority. We do, however, remove people and their posts when they act consistently like trolls or are otherwise uncivil. Our bar of tolerance is pretty high, but some do manage to cross those.

At any rate, enjoy the threads. :)

There is most definitely censorship on this board. I know. I'm one of the censors. :D

That said, we don't eject people from the board for the simple fact that they hold political views that are in the minority. We do, however, remove people and their posts when they act consistently like trolls or are otherwise uncivil. Our bar of tolerance is pretty high, but some do manage to cross those.

At any rate, enjoy the threads. :)

Oh TP, don't be such a fscking killjoy. :lol:

I never said I want this to become objectivism-online.net, as long as there are enough 'free-market' posters to balance out the 'commies', I'll be happy. Same goes for 'terrorist-supporters', 'crying-heart liberals', 'tax-and-spend democrats' and 'xtian fundies' :P

based on your name and avatar I'm thinking I'm going to fall into 3 of the 4 catorgories. Anyways welcome to the board

Archived