The Hound cast?

aidan

And to all of you who insisted on scrawny actors and that the Hound was not indeed a house:

From George's blog

... but simply did not have the physicality the part demands. Sandor needs to be a big guy, powerful and threatening, someone who looks like he could break you in half. Rory is all of that and more.

Aw yeah, take that, bitches.

I'm pretty sure Conan Stevens has auditioned for the role of The Mountain, just take a look at this from his official site: http://www.conanstevens.com/acting-movies-...s-audition.html

Actually, based on an extremely carefully worded comment he made at WiC a few weeks back (he was careful to not say he auditioned for the show...but he also never said he didn't), I think he actually auditioned for Drogo, but his own intention was to put himself in their minds for Gregor. He did say that should he somehow get cast as Drogo, he would be quite happy with the part. Gregor is clearly his target, though. All of that is from reading between the lines of his comment and blog post, nothing more. As I said, he's been careful not to reveal too much.

I am really enthused by this choice. Rory McCann has a very strong presence. I think even his "puppy-dog" eyes will serve the character well. I've always thought of Sandor as a person with a good heart who had bury the kindness inside him in order to deal with the world he lived in. I'm hoping to see the final scene between him and Arya at the end of book three, one of my favorite moments of the series (although I was hoping to see them together a while longer because they were definitely giving off a great "Lone Wolf and Cub" vibe).

So, Rory McCann is 6'6 and Conan Stevans is 7'0? Jebus we would be getting some major height on this show!! I think Conan would be a good Mountain, I don't see his as Drogo though. In my mind Drogo is tall but maybe not that tall- more wide like a refridgerator, with Asiatic/stepps features as opposed to a Celtic giant.

• 1 year later...

I have been looking for this thread...

When I discovered they were going to adapt GoT, I was fearful that they would just cast some beefcake for the Hound (like er Vinnie Jones).

Rory McCann is brilliant. His performance in The Book Group was deeply affecting. I was absolutely over the moon when I read he was cast!! :D

Archived