Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

I would also like to attend the Moot after the event at Eason's. Could you add me to the list of attendees. To Werthead -- the hostel is in a nice part of town and five minutes walk from the bookstore, so I don't think you could do much better at that price. There is a Jury's Inn not too far away and ac ouple of Holiday Inns within walking/taxi distance.

It's so exciting to see people coming here and joining in on the conversation and rsvping for the Belfast moot.

We're going to have a wonderful day, and whether you come early for the signing, or will be at the moot in the evening (starting @ 6pm, with bar and food service!), be prepared for lots of laughs, meeting new friends, and having 'way too much fun on a work night.

Past experiences lead me remind folks to check the dress code at the pub so there's no problems getting in. http://www.mchughsbar.com/index.asp - there's all sorts of info there including the dress code and their food menus. I am so looking forward to some good pub grub on a chilly November night! Make sure you bring a pen and some paper, or contact cards, because there's bound to be people you'll to stay in touch with. And I encourage folks to bring cameras and video cams so we can put up pictures and vids later to show the world what a good time was had by all.

One week until we call for final rsvps. So tell you friends, your work mates, that guy who is working the lights downs at the Paint Hall on set, and let's make sure we invite anyone and everyone that would enjoy the events know they're more than welcome to join us!

After discovering the £10 return tickets were time-limited, I decided to go for it. I'll be around late-ish on the evening of the 2nd (from about 9pm onwards), then all day on the 3rd and getting the 3pm flight home on the 4th, so if anyone's about day before or after I can hang for a while as well.

So yup, I'll be interested in the room situation, although I'll be staying for two nights.

McHughes dress code for easy of reference:

Bring photo ID

No sports wear, trainers or rugby tops

No baseball caps

No excessive jewellery

No children after 8pm

Drunk people will not be admitted

Seems fair enough :)

Wert - where did you find those £10 tickets?

I am also considering two nights but more likely the 3rd and 4th. Still not made my mind up about going to Dublin for the 5th and 6th.

So here is a quick count of those looking to join a group room booking:

Silverstar

serMountainGoat

williamjm

Werthead

Anyone else interested?

I've been looking at hotels a bit more. I did look at the Linen House as mentioned earlier in this thread but I'm afraid the reviews on trip advisor kind of put me off!

I'm now looking at the Premier Inn, Belfast City Centre Waring Street. This hotel pretty close to McHughs bar where the moot is and not far from the book signing. As far as I can tell from Google Maps ;)

I don't mind joining in with a group booking (if it can be done), but this hotel might be too pricey for some and I might be too picky for other hotels ;). 74 pounds for double, 66.50 for single room occupancy, that includes breakfast. Without you're looking at 59 double. They also have family rooms etc.

Hope that helps those looking...

Jackie - still unsure about turning up alone to this thing! :stunned:

I've been looking at hotels a bit more. I did look at the Linen House as mentioned earlier in this thread but I'm afraid the reviews on trip advisor kind of put me off!

Woah! :stunned: That place has got worse reviews than the nightmarish B&B I once stayed in in Oxford, which is saying something.

Unfortunately I'm seriously strapped for cash. The Premier Inn looks like it will be way too expensive.

£5 each way from Stansted to Belfast. It was a time-limited offer running from last Thursday to midnight on Sunday.

Woah! Having said that, today and tomorrow the tickets are just 1p each way. WTF? If you haven't booked tickets yet, I'd do it ASAP.

Bollocks, I should have waited :(

Silverstar

serMountainGoat

williamjm

Werthead

Anyone else interested?

Oh why not. Just for the night of the 3rd though. Saves me taking a late night bus back to Dublin.

Is this :shudders: Ryanair? :uhoh:

Indeed.

To be honest, I've flown with Ryanair about two dozen times and never had a single problem with that. Lots of friends have various horror stories with them, mostly related to lost or poorly-organised baggage, but I usually just take hand luggage and haven't had an issue with. Certainly I wouldn't expect problems on a half-hour flight to Belfast. That's barely enough time to have a cup of tea ;)

Woah! :stunned: That place has got worse reviews than the nightmarish B&B I once stayed in in Oxford, which is saying something.

The reviews do seem very bad for the hostel, I think I'd avoid it based on them.

Woah! Having said that, today and tomorrow the tickets are just 1p each way. WTF? If you haven't booked tickets yet, I'd do it ASAP.

Thanks for pointing out that out, I was going to book soon anyway so have now booked for flying out on the 2nd and back on the 4th. :)

Absurdly, the fee for booking by debit card was £10, which was 500 times the cost of the flights themselves. According to Ryanair's website, the discount offer is a retaliation against the BBC running a critical documentary of them, so I'm quite thankful for the BBC doing that ;)

Thanks for pointing out that out, I was going to book soon anyway so have now booked for flying out on the 2nd and back on the 4th. :)

Cool. Let us know what time flight you're on, maybe we could meet up?

Cool. Let us know what time flight you're on, maybe we could meet up?

GOING OUT

From London Stansted (STN) to Belfast (City) (BHD)

Mon, 02Nov09 Flight FR6127 Depart STN at 16:50 and arrive BHD at 18:05

COMING BACK

From Belfast (City) (BHD) to London Stansted (STN)

Wed, 04Nov09 Flight FR6128 Depart BHD at 20:45 and arrive STN at 22:00

Hey all, first time poster here.

My brother and I have both booked days off work on this day so we'll both be heading up to Belfast on the train, we only live about 30 minutes away. I'm sure we'd be up for the meet afterwards if you want to add us to the list.

Look forward to meeting some of you. :)

I am also considering two nights but more likely the 3rd and 4th. Still not made my mind up about going to Dublin for the 5th and 6th.

Silverstar

serMountainGoat

williamjm

Werthead

Anyone else interested?

I forgot t mention earlier the dates I'd be interested in; the 2nd and the 3rd. Hope I'm not being neurotic

Archived