Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

Hi there

just booked a flight from Rome (Italy) to Belfast. I was wondering if it is still possible to partecipate to both the signing and the aftermeeting. And i am also interested in some group reservation for the night of the 3rd November. I am not very used to these kind of events, so i don't know how it works.

Ciao a tutti! e forza Roma!

Certainly not too late for the signing or the after-meeting, at there's really no formal sign-up for those. But it's good to express your interest in the post-signing moot, as it seems they're figuring out how many people are likely to attend. Welcome to the forum. :)

Just thought I'd mention that the HI Hostel needs exact numbers and nights, as well as group leader to make a booking. I don't know whether someone who's tryying to organise us (ha!) wants to try and get all these details, but if it's easier to go with the linen house or whatever then cool, just thought I'd put that up there.

PS: Ace Jones; yeah they don't alow alchohol in any of the hostels worldwide I think, you've got to go out and have fun.

In terms of distance, how far is HI Hostel from Eason's and McHughs? I think that is my only concern. And if it's some distance, what modes of transportation do we have to take advantage of. I know they have a bus system, but other than that I'm at a loss.

I think I read somewhere that it's 2.20 Euro to ride the bus? I could be way off here, need to do some more reading. But if we do the group rate thing, you can include 2 more in the numbers.

So Jamie, Werhead, Romulocks +1.

Is that all that need accomidations still???

In terms of distance, how far is HI Hostel from Eason's and McHughs? I think that is my only concern. And if it's some distance, what modes of transportation do we have to take advantage of. I know they have a bus system, but other than that I'm at a loss.

I think I read somewhere that it's 2.20 Euro to ride the bus? I could be way off here, need to do some more reading. But if we do the group rate thing, you can include 2 more in the numbers.

So Jamie, Werhead, Romulocks +1.

Is that all that need accomidations still???

As far as I know, everyone else - Williamjm, Silverstar & SerMountainGoat - are still looking as well. I don't think anything's been arranged yet.

Actually I think JacMac30 said they were interested and while Jackie is a fairly unisex name I suspect there is a better than average chance of them being female.

Also I would assume Romulock's +1 is female?

So here is the list of boarders looking for accommodation:

Silverstar

serMountainGoat

williamjm

Werthead

Padraig

Romulocks +1

JacMac30

Jamie Heron

sugo78ma81

Two maybes (please confirm):

Nick Snow

Knight of the Teabags

Here is the list of accommodation suggestions made so far:

Linen House

Premier Inn

HI Hostels

I am inclined to think the Linen House might be our best bet and I don't believe we will find anything else that close to central Belfast. I trust Ser Mel T's opinion that it will be alright, provided we are lucky enough to get a dorm to ourselves of course. Unless anyone has a strong objection I suggest someone contacts the Linen House to ask if they have space available for all 10 or 12 of us because if they don't we can cross it off the list and start looking at places further out.

Go for it, although if we can't get a dedicated group dorm at the Linen House it might be worth checking if we can at HI Hostels. The Premiere Inn sounds like it might be too expensive. If the difference is between paying for £13 for two nights in a half-room full of strangers or £22 for two with other people I know, I'd go for the latter, although it's not a huge deal.

I do have an issue in that I can only pay by card for this, so we'll have to see if it's possible for me to pay the hostel separately even though it's a group booking. I believe that's usually doable.

Hi,

just to clarify... yes I'm Jackie and yes I'm female. :)

However I'm not too keen on hostels so if I make it over I'll book my own accommodation (probably the Premier Inn as it's close).

Cheers,

Jackie - mulling the cost of flights.

That's sad Jackie. I think you'd be missing out on a good portion of the fun, but hey, I guess I can understand ;)

My +1 is a female as well ;) Silverstar you definitely won't be alone.

Although my stay needs are different. We arrive on the 2nd, so we would need to reserve the night of the 2nd and 3rd. So if you didn't mind asking if that would cause any interruption to our booking that would be fantastic.

Alright I have contacted the Linen House and they confirm that the 10 bed dorm is available which we can book for just ourselves. The price is £10 per person per night.

If you want in then please post here with the dates you wish to stay and send me an email to sermountaingoat at googlemail dot com with your full real name for the booking, but do include your board name so I know who you are. I say email rather than PM because my inbox is rather full and I just don't want to have to clear out some good old mails.

Archived