Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

there where some youn'uns at the costume fitting... they looked very happy about it all! grats mate.

for anyone that isn't staying at the linen house can i recommend hotel Ibis on Unversity st, just off unversity road.

Only been open a week, if your looking at sharing a room it's 49pound if you book online. 25pound each isn't too bad.

that's for Jacmac and such.

they also have these cool new 'space bathrooms'. very strange. wish i was able to load up photos but im not that techno savi...

also, when i was driving around belfast i saw all these signs that said GoT with arrows... the lead to a certain hotel in belfast where i can only assume cast and crew are staying as the last time i saw these signs was at Doune castle that lead to the base camp there.... hmmm...

there where some youn'uns at the costume fitting... they looked very happy about it all! grats mate.

for anyone that isn't staying at the linen house can i recommend hotel Ibis on Unversity st, just off unversity road.

Only been open a week, if your looking at sharing a room it's 49pound if you book online. 25pound each isn't too bad.

that's for Jacmac and such.

they also have these cool new 'space bathrooms'. very strange. wish i was able to load up photos but im not that techno savi...

also, when i was driving around belfast i saw all these signs that said GoT with arrows... the lead to a certain hotel in belfast where i can only assume cast and crew are staying as the last time i saw these signs was at Doune castle that lead to the base camp there.... hmmm...

This is all getting close isn't it?

ACE JONES - I think I was talking to you at the costume fitting on Friday. I was certainly talking to a guy with a beard and an aussie accent who had a guard's outfit on. While he had the costume on, I said 'so you haven't been into costume yet?'. He replied 'no I came like this!' (weak joke I know!).

Was that you ACE? There was another guy with you getting a guard's costume similar to yours. I was there getting my 'Stark Servant' costume fitting. I'm filming on the 4th.

Anyway, I'm glad that you like McHughs. They have been very good while I have been organising this.

Should be fun!!

(although I have to be on set at 5am the next day so that could be interesting!!)

See you all tomorrow!

Rimshot

Should be fun!!

(although I have to be on set at 5am the next day so that could be interesting!!)

See you all tomorrow!

Rimshot

I can sympathise with you! I have to leave the house at 5am tomorrow morning for my flight! Was up that time this morning thanks to the cat. Hope I don't fall asleep in front of George!

Thanks to everyone who's shared their mobile nos. I have them logged. I've checked with the hotel and I might be able to check in early depending on room availability. After that I'll be looking for brunch. Doubt I'll make it out to the suggested breakfast spot (can't remember the name sorry). I'll text and see what's happening.

Anyone got a planned time for meeting up at Easons?

Jackie.

NOOOOOOOOO. I've just been given a night-shift for tomorrow!!!! i will loose my flight!! and miss GRRM. i'm sorry for the guys who have booked the hostel, there will be place for another person. sto rosicando na cifra......

Hi, McHughs have been in touch. There is a wee change to the eating arrangements. If anyone wants bar food they need to eat it in the main bar (not the basement where the moot is). I've have arranged for tables for about 20 people to be reserved for 6:30pm. Of course this is flexible but I thought we should have some in reserve. Can you let people know this if you are there before me? The manager on duty tomorrow is called Aiden. See you then!

Due to my complete inability to organize my life in advance, I have just this minute booked flights over to Belfast. I shall hopefully see some of you at the signing tomorrow, and maybe the meeting afterwards! I haven't met any of you before, or attended a book signing before, but I'm looking forward to it!

Seven of us are on station in Belfast now. Just hanging out at the Linen House before heading out to find some breakfast and then going to the signing.

Checked out McHugh's last night. Nice food, excellent service, friendly atmosphere. Alcohol was consumed and ASoIaF was actually discussed!

For others going to the signing look for the guy in the green jacket with the Forbidden Planet bag. That's me :)

Seven of us are on station in Belfast now. Just hanging out at the Linen House before heading out to find some breakfast and then going to the signing.

Checked out McHugh's last night. Nice food, excellent service, friendly atmosphere. Alcohol was consumed and ASoIaF was actually discussed!

For others going to the signing look for the guy in the green jacket with the Forbidden Planet bag. That's me :)

This is going to be a laugh! I'll be in the signing queue looking at people thinking 'I wonder is that... or maybe she is...?'

For anyone looking out for me. I'm the one with a Direwolf tattooed on my face*

* this may or may not actually be true

Just back from the signing.

Great fun! The queue was huge when I got there just after 1. Took me about an hour to get to the head of the line. After meeting GRRM he called Parris over and we had a great chat. There were several cast members there. Alfie Allen was there and so was a young girl whose name escapes me. I saw Ace Jones getting his picture taken with the man himself by a paparazzi.

Really looking forward to tonight now!

Archived