Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

Count me in too. I have already booked the day off work, so I can be at the moot at 4pm or 6pm. McHughs seems a good spot for it. I will spread the word. We definately want to encourage GRRM and Parris to come back often!!

Parris, I noticed yesterday that Easons have a board up for Michael Palin who is signing on the 6 November, so I'm sure that they could put a board up for GRRM now too.

They only have a few books in at the moment: AGoT, ACoK, ASoS and Dreamsongs, but I guess there is plently of time to up their stock!

hey. new to the forums, but i think im heading across to ireland from scotland for the signing with a couple of friends

getting all our sightseeing done the day before so im definatley up for meeting for a drink on the night of the signing, would be nice to meet some fellow fans :cheers:

Hi

Can I just ask for clarification on a few points? I'll then ring McHughs to confirm.

- Are we going for 6pm?

- I assume you all would like food/drink?

- What name would you like me to book it under? It is currently in my name but I think something relating to the signing would be better in case I can't make it for some reason. Something like 'George R.R. Martin and friends'?

Let me know.

Just over 1 month to go!

As far as I'm concerned:

1) 6pm is probably better to ensure that everyone can make it.

2) I should think that most people will want food at that sort of time. I presume this is a case of people ordering from the menu?

3) Yeah, putting it under something like that would probably make more sense than putting it under your name, as there may well be people showing up who don't read the board and wouldn't know what to look for otherwise.

Don't know how many people are going to show up to this thing. You said the room you booked holds over a hundred? Will it be a problem if we instead got, say, half that?

I'd suggest PMing Parris, if I were you, to double check things rather than taking my opinion on all of it, though :)

I don't see a problem with booking the place earlier, we will be there all night after all and people will just drop in at whatever time they turn up.

By the way I have booked four days off at work, just need to sort out a flight, accommodation and decide whether to also go to the Dublin meet or not.

Cool. If Parris is handing out flyers at the signing mentioning the meet, and some of the cast and crew show up as well, we may get a fair few, but I guess we'll just have to wait til the day to find out.

Wow, thanks so much Rimshot, that's great news. I'm going to try to contact the bookstore next week and talk to whoever is running George's signing and get some more information about the plans for the signing. I'm pretty much conflicted on when we should hold the moot. The signing itself starts at 1pm, IIRC, and even if it runs 2 hours, that would mean starting the moot around 4pm, which seems way too early for folks who are working and hope to come by, and if we decide to hold it starting at 6pm, there's bound to be people who just don't want to hang around downtown Belfast for hours after the signing waiting for the moot to start. Having spent time in the Republic in late fall, I'm all too aware of the short days, long, dark nights and the eternal damp and cold that autumn brings for the island.

So, folks who are planning to come to the Belfast moot, please let us know if a 4pm or 6pm start for the moot would work best for you. A little feedback, and getting more details as we get closer to the date, will help us determine what time to hold the moot and how large a room we need for the event.

On a personal note, I hope you are enjoying the work on YOUR HIGHNESS. I know you can't talk about what is happening on the set, but if you see a fellow extra coming to work in a ASoI&F t-shirt, they're probably a friend of ours, so go up to them and say hello. A little bird has warned me that the Paint Hall is very cold already, and I should bring my best thermals and sweaters/jumpers if I intend to visit the set. Spread the word about the signing and moot where you can, I know there's plenty of folks working as extras on YH who are hoping to work on the pilot, and many of them read the series long before HBO decided to shoot the pilot. I'm sure some of them would like to attend the signing (if they're not working on the set) or come to the moot.

I think we're going to have a great time in Belfast. Thanks for helping in making that happen.

Hi Parris

Anything I can to to help! I'm working on YH again tomorrow so I'll look out for any extras with ASoI&F t-shirts!

Hi, I am new to this site and still trying to navigate my way around it so please excuse my question if the answer is obvious somewhere, but did I read that there is a signing in Dublin??? I live in Dublin and would love to go but didnt know anything about it. Apologies if I have posted this question in the wrong thread

Hello everyone,

I want to go to Belfast for the signing (and once I'm there, stay some days and visit the city). Forgive the question but I've never been in a book signing before: Do I bring my own copy or I'm supposed to buy a brand new book in the book shop where the meeting is held?

I'm using it as an opportunity to replace my copies of AGot, ACoK and ASoS which have all pretty much fallen to pieces. And to get a signed copy of AGoT for my sister, because she will read the bloody book one day, dammit!

Probably the best thing for people who already have all the SoIaF books would be to pick up a copy of Songs of the Dying Earth (which is superb anyway) from the shop, as that's technically GRRM's latest book and they should have lots of copies. If it's anything like the signing I went to in Norwich for AFFC, they may also specially get in some other harder-to-get books like the Green Ronin RPG or the art book which fans can pick up as well.

Of course, if you decide to pick up a new edition of absolutely everything GRRM has ever done (Gollancz recently rejacketed Fevre Dream as well), I'm sure neither the author nor the bookstore will have any complaints ;)

Archived