Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

Hi,

I'm arriving the Tuesday morning and was wondering if there were any plans to meet up prior to the signing on Tuesday? I know some of you are arriving Monday night and will probably travel to the signing together. Are there any other late arrivals like myself?

Jackie.

serMountainGoat and I are both arriving Tuesday morning, and are planning to meet up at the airport then travel into the city together to meet everyone else. Are you flying into Belfast City? And at what time, if you are?

Is the Red Keep even in the pilot?

Sounds like they only used Doune for the courtyard and great hall. Maybe this other castle will be the exterior and/or bedchambers/Bran's tower.

And congrats Ace!

If you get a cast member to wear a blame Pod shirt, we want pictures.... ;)

Pretty sure there are no Blame Pod t-shirts just lying around. :P

In the pilot there is at least one scene in KL. But as you say, they may just be using another castle for Winterfell.

serMountainGoat and I are both arriving Tuesday morning, and are planning to meet up at the airport then travel into the city together to meet everyone else. Are you flying into Belfast City? And at what time, if you are?

Unfortunately flights into Belfast City didn't work for me so I'll be coming into Belfast International just after 9am and busing into the city (30-40mins apparently). I'm hoping I can check into the hotel early, otherwise I'll be carrying the hand luggage with me to the signing. Just have to hope I don't accidentally pull my knickers out for George to sign! ;)

So the plan is to meet in Linen House at around 10:30 to 11:00 and head over to Easons shortly afterwards?

I'm not staying at the Linen House, I chose a hotel closer to the pub ;) I'll probably catch up with you guys at the signing.

Well, sitting in mchughs typing away on my I phone and the place seems fantastic, very tradtional looking and just near Albert clock. Book place is about 2 blocks away less then 5min walk. Staff are friendly as an spoke to the manager who said he's looking forward to having us all.

If Parris is reading this, the book store said if you want to get some sort of marketing or posters for them to hang for the signing please let them know.

Look forward to meeting you all next week and if anyone gets stuck feel free to us my number (+4475 9496 4861) and I'll do what I can to help. Should also still have the hire car (hopefully) if you get lost.

Fantastic! I'm glad the location looks great.

I had planned on waking up around 9 am, getting some breakfast somewhere nearby, and be back in time ( again 10:30 -11 am) to walk to Eason's with everyone else. If anyone wants to join us in getting some breakfast, you are of course invited as well. :)

I heard some people talking recently about this place called Maggie May I's? Something to that extent. They said the food was really good for the price. I have no idea how far away it is from the hostel/book store though.

I had planned on waking up around 9 am, getting some breakfast somewhere nearby, and be back in time ( again 10:30 -11 am) to walk to Eason's with everyone else. If anyone wants to join us in getting some breakfast, you are of course invited as well. :)

Breakfast? Sounds good to me!

:)

I heard some people talking recently about this place called Maggie May I's? Something to that extent. They said the food was really good for the price. I have no idea how far away it is from the hostel/book store though.

http://www.maggiemaysbelfast.co.uk/

It's on Botanic Avenue, just off Shaftesbury Square (at the south end of Great Victoria Street).

At most it's about ten minutes walk from Easons.

Fantastic! I'm glad the location looks great.

According to the power of Google Earth it's about 2km from the hostle with Easons halfway between the hostel and Maggie May's. Looks nice, but not sure if I want to be lugging books to be signed that far first thing* in the day :)

If the food's really awesome though, it may be worth it. What do people think?

* Unemployed, so any time with 'am' in it translates as first thing ;)

This map may also be of help as it shows the Europa Bus Centre (where the bus from the airport gets in), Easons, McHughes and the Linen House. Maggie May's is off the bottom of the map somewhere.

This one also incorporates Maggie May's and the Paint Hall in the far corner. Sadly, at this scale, the automated sentry robots equipped with lasers and flamethrowers to deal with overzealous fans are not quite visible.

I think the Linen House will store luggage for you for a brief time. I just take my personal items on me at all times.

I was going to leave my luggage and stroll down to Maggie's, then come back for whatever I need to take to the signing (books, sharpie's, etc).

I'm currently considering popping up for this.

I can't make the signing, but I think I can be at the pub for about 8pm for an hour or two.

Not guaranteed, but hopefully.

I have numbers for a few people who will be there, so I should be alright for finding you all.

I can't make the signing, but I think I can be at the pub for about 8pm for an hour or two.

Good to hear, hope you can make it :)

I have numbers for a few people who will be there, so I should be alright for finding you all.

If anyone needs my number for co-ordinating meeting up on the day then send me a PM.

Nice! :cheers:

Have you got my UK number? Trying to remember if I sent it to you earlier this year.

I will definitely be at the signing and would love to go McHugh's. I read Game of Thrones recently and have only started Clash of Kings, I hope no one will hold this against me. I am going on my own but I live in Belfast so if anyone is meeting up after the signing, just let me know, I'd be interested in doing so if I can get out of my classes that day.

Ian.

Ah man, this totally flew by me. Hah. George's latest blog post was a nice reminder. :D

Okay, so I'll try and be in Belfast for Tuesday afternoon. A relatively brief journey required, considering I live less than an hour away (depending on traffic). :P

I thought that I would post that I just found out that my godson is going to be an extra!! He is 8 years old and will be probably in one of the court scenes. He is into swords and sorcery :fence:, so he should enjoy the part... almost as much as I'm looking forward to him being in it.

The location of his filming (and other information on locations of filming that I have heard) I am keeping to myself.

Very cool, thank you ned. Congratulations to your godson. :)

I recall George has stated that Prince Tommen is being played by an extra, and that's about the right age... though doubtless there are other youngsters about in the background of some scenes.

Archived