American Politics 17

CloudFlare

I think most people would fill out an actual census form. "How many people live in your house?". It's the "what color are they, how old are they, what job do they have? How long have they worked there? What are their names?" bullshit that makes people nervous. The government shouldn't need that info to draw up voting districts, and they only reason they would use that info to do so is corruption.

Indeed.

Scanning what appears to be 2010's long form questionnaire, I am apparently required by law to answer my exact birth date. While there are a variety of ways to get that info, do I necessarily want some ACORN drone to have that info? Along with my address and income? Personally, I do not.

I'm also required to cough up any info on mental or physical disabilities.

"Federal needs" must be met.

Just so it's at the top of the page here, cause apparently some people didn't pick up on it the 2-3 times it was said int he last thread:

If it was due to a Meth Lab /Grow Op/etc, they would have left him in a ditch where nobody would find him.

Hanging him from a tree and writing "Fed" on his chest ATTRACTS attention, which is exactly what a Meth Lab doesn't want to do.

The "He stumbled on a drug making operation" doesn't even pass the basic thinking test.

Indeed.

Scanning what appears to be 2010's long form questionnaire, I am apparently required by law to answer my exact birth date. While there are a variety of ways to get that info, do I necessarily want some ACORN drone to have that info? Along with my address and income? Personally, I do not.

I'm also required to cough up any info on mental or physical disabilities.

"Federal needs" must be met.

Census data directly affect how more than $300 billion per year in federal and state funding is allocated to communities for neighborhood improvements, public health, education, transportation and much more. That's more than $3 trillion over a 10-year period.

That's your federal needs right there.

Most drug dealer and users don't pass the basic f*cking thinking test.

nonsense.

no one thinks more clearly and logically than tweakers.

It is known.

;)

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this involves drug dealers of any type any more than i have any idea whether it involves operatives from the rabid anti census wing of the republican party.

Census data directly affect how more than $300 billion per year in federal and state funding is allocated to communities for neighborhood improvements, public health, education, transportation and much more. That's more than $3 trillion over a 10-year period.

That's your federal needs right there.

Yup. If you wants federal money, you plays by federal rules. Or else you fund your own damn bridge-building.

Funny...when single moms want federal dollars, they have to accept Norplant or whatever else. When the wealthy or middle class want federal dollars, they don't even want to have to complete a census form.

DG, Shryke,

Are you suggesting that people who manufacture something as toxic as meth, exposing their homes, their families, and themselves to such substances, are overly rational?

Are you suggesting that someone who goes through that and engages in a highly addictive behavior would endanger there ability to engage in said behavior? Are you also saying that they would also endanger this behavior in a high functioning manner?

nonsense.

no one thinks more clearly and logically than tweakers.

It is known.

;)

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this involves drug dealers of any type any more than i have any idea whether it involves operatives from the rabid anti census wing of the republican party.

I'm siding with Swordfish on this one, it is premature to accusing any group for this horrible murder. I think it's more likely to be drug growers then a militia group. Those guys have a track record of violence. They also have been brutal to people they suspect are informers or undercover agents. I can easily believe a group of meth makers or pot growers who have been up for 3 or 4 days harvesting/making their drugs were in a such a paranoid mind set they mistake a census working for an under cover agent. Then deciding to hang him with a sign warning other agents without thinking of the larger ramification, such as getting the entire FBI shoved up their ass.

Are you suggesting that people who manufacture something as toxic as meth, exposing their homes, their families, and themselves to such substances, are overly rational?

Have we learned nothing from The Wire? Drug dealers know what they're doing, or they're not doing it very long. Those who are in the game long enough figure out how to survive, often in very rational ways. Maybe they have their goons do the actually dangerous manufacturing?

Wow, apparently one must try and formulate a situation involving the stupidest drug dealers ever to explain this away. :lol:

As opposed to the stupidest anti-government militia movement? What's your scenario?

And the drug dealers in The Wire did irrational and stupid things at times.

I don't get the census hate.

Seriously.

How will the government decide policy directions if it does not have an accurate picture of what's going?

Also, what nefarious ends will the information enable? So say you tell the gobmint how many people in your household are of African-American ancestry. The harm is....?? :huh:

As opposed to the stupidest anti-government militia movement? What's your scenario?

And the drug dealers in The Wire did irrational and stupid things at times.

Anti-government militia movements (aka terrorists) tend to like publicity. It doesn't matter if the individual gets caught, so long as the movement continues.

Drug users and dealers tend to be a little more self centered. Also their lack of rationally most often expresses itself in extreme paranoia at least in my experience... not in waving a big flag saying 'Drug users here'.

Not to say this couldn't be someone fucked up on something, but given the evidence I'd say it's a political statement.

Y'know, it being the south and all, my immediate assumption was that the victim was black and the perpetrators...well, you do the math. I mean, gee, a public hanging in the South, that doesn't ring any bells. The article I skimmed didn't specify the victim's race, though, so...*shrug*

Archived