American Politics 17

CloudFlare

Anti-government militia movements (aka terrorists) tend to like publicity. It doesn't matter if the individual gets caught, so long as the movement continues.

Drug users and dealers tend to be a little more self centered. Also their lack of rationally most often expresses itself in extreme paranoia at least in my experience... not in waving a big flag saying 'Drug users here'.

Not to say this couldn't be someone fucked up on something, but given the evidence I'd say it's a political statement.

Exactly. So far, from the details that have come out, this sounds more like a Lynching then anything. Meant to send a statement.

This also happened back on 9/12 of this year.

DG, Shryke,

Are you suggesting that people who manufacture something as toxic as meth, exposing their homes, their families, and themselves to such substances, are overly rational?

I'm saying that people who materially invest in non-movable yet highly illegal capital assets like meth labs or pot fields do not engage in attention-grabbing behavior like lynching a man and writing on his chest. They don't have to be "overly rational" but they certainly don't have to be as unnecessarily irrational as to paint a giant fucking beacon over someone they killed.

The running current of "drug dealers are evil and so must also be self-defeatingly stupid" sentiment from certain quarters in this thread is childish and silly.

I'm saying that people who materially invest in non-movable yet highly illegal capital assets like meth labs or pot fields do not engage in attention-grabbing behavior like lynching a man and writing on his chest. They don't have to be "overly rational" but they certainly don't have to be as unnecessarily irrational as to paint a giant fucking beacon over someone they killed.

The running current of "drug dealers are evil and so must also be self-defeatingly stupid" sentiment from certain quarters in this thread is childish and silly.

The real point I'm trying to make is there isn't enough evidence to know who did it yet much yet why. Before we start yelling that the rapid rights talking heads irresponsible statements encouraged the murder, as already has been written, lets get more information first.

I don't get the census hate.

Seriously.

How will the government decide policy directions if it does not have an accurate picture of what's going?

Also, what nefarious ends will the information enable? So say you tell the gobmint how many people in your household are of African-American ancestry. The harm is....?? :huh:

I think the concern is more about handing a minimum wage random guy off the street information that can be used to steal your identity. At least from my perspective.

I think the concern is more about handing a minimum wage random guy off the street information that can be used to steal your identity. At least from my perspective.

I just looked at the form. There is nothing on there that could be useful for this. Excepting maybe your phone number. Which, by the way, I will not be providing, and fear no consequences of such refusal.

Stealing mails would serve this purpose better than information from a census form.

Netanyahu at the UN. I wish our leaders would have this kind of courage and moral clarity.

I wish our leaders would have the courage and moral clarity to stand up against the Israeli lobbyists.

I just looked at the form. There is nothing on there that could be useful for this. Excepting maybe your phone number. Which, by the way, I will not be providing, and fear no consequences of such refusal.

I was just going by the earlier claim that there was a request for birthdate. I haven't looked at the form.

Do you have a link to it?

I was just going by the earlier claim that there was a request for birthdate. I haven't looked at the form.

Do you have a link to it?

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010...e_Info_Copy.pdf.

(if that doesn't work, Google "2010 census form" it's the first link.)

And yes, it asks for your birthdate too, just like at the DMV or anywhere else, really. If you're worried about that, leave it blank. The maximum fine is 100 dollars, if anyone even cares about it.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010...e_Info_Copy.pdf.

(if that doesn't work, Google "2010 census form" it's the first link.)

The difference is that DMV employees are not generally random people hired off the street and going door to door. And it would be prety difficult to set up a fake DMV location.

Seriously though, are you equating DMV employees with census takers?

I am too lazy to look it up, are there even requirements/background checks for census takers?

I know you're supposed to mail them in, but....

And yes, it asks for your birthdate too, just like at the DMV or anywhere else, really. If you're worried about that, leave it blank. The maximum fine is 100 dollars, if anyone even cares about it.

I guess if you don't see a problem with this line of thinking then we are just going to have to disagree.

Would you post your full name address and birthdate on this forum?

Dude, I went around with my full name as my board name, a picture of my face, my birthdate is on my profile, and I've posted google street views of my house. And shockingly, absolutely nothing has happened as a result.

Unless you can find proof that one of our boarders is a larcenous crack head.

But just to be perfectly clear:

John Kenady of 510 North Middlefield Road, Mountain View, California, born on the 8th of February, is not terrified of the census.

The difference is that DMV employees are not generally random people hired off the street and going door to door. And it would be prety difficult to set up a fake DMV location.

Seriously though, are you equating DMV employees with census takers?

I am too lazy to look it up, are there even requirements/background checks for census takers?

I know you're supposed to mail them in, but....

I guess if you don't see a problem with this line of thinking then we are just going to have to disagree.

No identity theft incident has ever been traced back to leak in Census data.

Paranoid much?

So has someone here never taken part in the US census then?

Lol, most of the people who's paranoid about the Census hasn't even look at the form until today, let alone participated in one.

I worked for the 2000 census, and census workers are carefully vetted and has to go through background check.

But I just saw you a few weeks ago wearing a washcloth and accosting a small woman with a dangerous baseball bat, even though she was just asking you for a loan...

The loan wasn't a big deal, but when she outrageously asked what my birthday was, I kind of lost it.

I think the concern is more about handing a minimum wage random guy off the street information that can be used to steal your identity.

$17/hour, sucker.

Really, the only people who should be concerned about that are the census employees (and applicants), as they're (we're) the ones entrusting things like social security numbers to other census employees. Your name, address, and phone number (which, unless you're a group home of some kind, I don't think they want)? Are in the phone book.

Oh, LoB, thanks for doing my research for me. You're the best.

I don't know why people are stupid enough to think that this guy being murdered by extreme rightwingers is so beyond the pale that they have to come up with alternate theories. Let's look at the facts:

a) Freep, Stormfront, resistnet, etc. have been whining about census workers for months now, sometimes implying violent things they'd like to do. Of course, the minute this story broke they immediately disclaimed it and went so far as to say it was a false flag operation. What a shock, people posting semi-anonymously on the Internet are cowards.

b) Oklahoma City was only, what, 14 years ago? And this is just one guy. Do you really think that this kind of domestic terrorism is so rare? This isn't even the first time something like this has happened, because...

c) Rural Appalachia has a long history of hostility to authority, mostly owing to the government's brutal campaigns (in collusion with mining companies) to destroy any attempts by the miners to unionize.

Sure, maybe it was drug dealers (those guys love FBI investigations), but you don't have to act like extremist anti-government violence is an improbable event.

Archived