Drogo cast?

Werthead

- He thinks Khal Drogo is one bad mofo, and he's a little intimidated by all the fighting and riding he'll be doing (he seems pretty confident it'll get picked up, it seems)

Interesting that he speaks of fighting since, from what I remember, we don't actually see Drogo do any fighting in AGoT.

@Le Saboteur: man, if he spoke to you under the understanding that you weren´t recording it, then you shouldn´t have. What´s with the big camera heroics? That is one of the actors of the series we love, not some wife-cheating husband you need to videotape for proof of guilt. The transcript of that exactly was said will be enough, IMO, and you shouldn´t post the video if you really let him think you woudn´t do it.

Just my 2 cents.

There's already video from Melbourne Armageddon where he pretty much says the same stuff, and no injunction there. IMO, there's no trouble for him when he's basically not saying anything that HBO would actually be annoyed at and, at a guess, he was mostly joking about it.

I dunno, all of my friends who are Stargate fans seem to be not thrilled about this casting choice: they all hated Momoa's character in Atlantis and are convinced he's not a good actor. Myself, I've only managed to watch about 30 minutes of SGA pilot before falling asleep, so I've no idea if he's this bad.

Well, at the very least he's certainly pretty :D Much prettier than I've ever envisioned Drogo, actually.

I dunno, all of my friends who are Stargate fans seem to be not thrilled about this casting choice: they all hated Momoa's character in Atlantis and are convinced he's not a good actor. Myself, I've only managed to watch about 30 minutes of SGA pilot before falling asleep, so I've no idea if he's this bad.

Well, at the very least he's certainly pretty :D Much prettier than I've ever envisioned Drogo, actually.

Momoa did a great job with what he was cast as in SGA- a big, kick-ass-and-ask-questions-later badass. Perfect casting for Drogo.

@Le Saboteur: man, if he spoke to you under the understanding that you weren´t recording it, then you shouldn´t have. What´s with the big camera heroics? That is one of the actors of the series we love, not some wife-cheating husband you need to videotape for proof of guilt. The transcript of that exactly was said will be enough, IMO, and you shouldn´t post the video if you really let him think you woudn´t do it.

Just my 2 cents.

As far as I could tell (and other people I talked to after the fact) he was joking about the whole thing. There were at least a thousand people in the audience and dozens of people had their video cameras out, most of them in the front few rows. If he was serious about it, I'm pretty sure he would have asked every one to turn their video cameras off. He got questions about it at MelbGeddon, they would have known there was a good chance he'd get them here as well. It's not like it was just me and him in a room, y'know, I don't really think it's as serious as you seem to think it is. The guy's not an idiot, he wouldn't say shit if he thought it would get him into trouble.

For those who want to see it,

. It has most of the stuff he said about Drogo on it, but there were a few other pieces when he was talking about his character from Stargate Atlantis that I couldn't catch in time. Sorry for the bad quality, it's just a small digital camera. My question was: 'what scene are you most looking forward to doing'.

SGA fan here. Jason was just fine as Ronon. I've seen him in a romantic comedy film, he was just fine. Drogo is right up his alley.

• 2 months later...

Archived