Drogo cast?

Werthead

Was this guy, Dhaffer L'Abidine, the wickedly scary commando guy the Fishes had in Children of Men? I can't remember the character's name, but if that's him he'd be a good Drogo, I think. Unfortunately, it looks like he's in the midst of shooting something else right now.

If it's not him, then who is that actor? Either way, he was certainly physically imposing enough for the role. If it is Dhaffer, he's also got the Middle Eastern, darker complexion thing for the role going for him too.

Apparently, Momoa said he performed a hakka as part of his audition, and then apparently mooned the audience at the Armageddon convention as preparation for the nude scene he'll be doing in the pilot.

The convention is Armageddon Pop Culture Expo, in Australia, BTW. Pretty nifty news. That's the last significant role to be cast, so it looks like all things are go.

Apparently Jason Momoa was just at some con (no clue which one) and announced at a Stargate panel he had landed the role of Khal Drogo.

I can see it.

Does anyone know if he can act?

Drogo isn't really a tough role imo, it simply requires the right look.

He doesn't quite fit in my eyes, but I'll wait and see how things turn out on screen before an actual judgement.

Ran, where did you find this out?

He's not as tall as Drogo is supposed to be, but I think he's got the right build -- Drogo's compared to a panther, so I've imagined him as lithe rather than massive as some seem to do. It'll be interesting to see if they stick to the ring-bound mustachios.

Momoa has quite the female following on-line, so now the show has three people with fairly sizable internet fanbases (Bean and Headey) which should help keep the buzz going.

Drogo isn't really a tough role imo, it simply requires the right look.

He doesn't quite fit in my eyes, but I'll wait and see how things turn out on screen before an actual judgement.

Ran, where did you find this out?

I disagree. Remember, Drogo's life as we see it basically amounts to fucking a teenage girl in situations of dubious consent, then burning villages and slaughtering their inhabitants. It takes a good deal of personal charisma to make that come off as anything other than creepy.

Ser Not Appearing,

The source is tweets from people who were live-tweeting the Armageddon panel. Recent pictures from a Dragon*Con panel this summer can be found here.

He doesn't like horses, apparently. Heh.

I looks like he underwent heavy reconstructive surgery of the face last year, any photos of what he looks like now ?

It looks as if he has a small scar under the left eye. Good for Drogo, eh? I didn't know he had cut the dreads, but better for a thigh length wig.

Here's a photo from March.

He's a good enough actor. Perhaps not to the level of some of the rest of the cast. But Ronon Dex from Stargate Atlantis is very Drogo-like.

So Ran, you think he's in. That's good.

I don't see his size as being a problem, but rather a plus. Sure, he's not 7", but he's big enough to give the right impression. He's lithe enough for sure.

He's not as tall as Drogo is supposed to be, but I think he's got the right build -- Drogo's compared to a panther, so I've imagined him as lithe rather than massive as some seem to do. It'll be interesting to see if they stick to the ring-bound mustachios.

Well, he's 6'4" according to IMDb, that's plenty tall if you ask me, only two inches shorter than Rory McCann, and as has been said numerous times, those things can be cheated if necessary. I really don't think it's necessary, though - he'll look plenty imposing next to Tamzin Merchant's 5'5", 105 lbs frame.

Brude,

Oh, I'm not one of those people stuck on exact heights. It's just a "head taller" than a room full of "tall" Dothraki is probably closer to the 7' mark than the 6'0" mark. I don't really care myself. 6'4" is definitely plenty, and I expect they won't waste time using tricks to make him seem even bigger.

Archived