"General" and "AFfC"

Balerion the Cat

Maybe I'm not the right man to ask about it, since I don't post too much (it's hard to go deep in discussions when you're not very good with the language), but...

Is a division between "General" Asoiaf and "AFfC" still needed?

I mean... Every time I post I worry about forgetting spoilers, but (of course, I'd say) nowadays I think spoiler warnings about AFfC are useless, and in fact there are a lot of topics in "general" forum without any AFfC spoiler warning. Topics in "General" and "AFfC" are almost comparable.

What about merging them and keep separated only ADwD and the other infos about the stuff to come?

Total assumption on my part, but I guess when ADWD comes out, AFFC will be merged with general and ADWD will have its own section. (Same with future books in the series too)

Who would have thought it'd take this long to get the next one?

Who would have thought it'd take this long to get the next one?

Yeah, I guess that's the reason no move has been made at this point.

But I agree that at this point perhaps it would be better to change "A Feast for Crows" to "A Dance with Dragons" and dedicate the forum to the spoiler chapters for the next book.

What Tyrellius says, though probably AFfC and General will be folded together once the book is delivered and we've a publication date.

Yes, I know this would be done once ADwD is out.

My post was about wondering that topics could be merged before ADwD comes out, since almost ( :rolleyes: ) everybody already finished AFfC - probably years ago. This is only to avoid boring searches between the two forums (that are already very similar) and a (pointless?) use of spoilers for AFfC.

Paradoxically, a fellow that hasn't read AFfC could come here and decide to look into the AFfC forum thinking: "that's ok, I'll get no spoilers"... But of course there are spoilers there. It would be impossible to avoid AFfC spoilers now.

Anyway, I hope that this discussion will soon be out-of-date for other reasons :smoking:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived