Nobel Peace Prize

What? My point is that there can be no peace within humanity without some sort of authority figure (ie: soldiers, policeman, etc). If you take these structures away then this 'peace' crumbles. You're going of on a tangent.

As far as I recall we were talking about peace between nations- where there is no authority figure mutually agreed on- and you saying that the only possible state of peace is the enforced one.

Not my fault you suddenly shifted to the peace WITHIN a nation. I was trying to get back OT. (Do I need to remind you that no Nobel peace prize was ever awarded to someone who restored 'peace' and order to one's own country? Check the thread's title)

I never said that it was'nt ok to award him the price (nor did I say it was)- I only implied that him showing up dressed as a warrior made a travesty out of the well-intentioned prize.

Ok. Then i'm back to the "who cares how the guy dresses as long as he does what he says" line. *shrug*

I thought the Nobel Prize for peace was supposed to be given to one in recognition of extraordinary actions taken for the cause of diplomacy/peace.

I mean the prize is supposed to be a peak to a stunning career but instead you get it and then are expected to promote peace?

These were my initial thoughts as well, but apparently they are the equivalent of urban myth. The Peace Prize has been given out multiple times as a call to action, not just awarding significant lifetime achievement.

ETA: still trying hard to find the negative in all this, but really can't, except for Far Right freedom-hating douchebags who failed to get their prince the award after 8 years of misrule.

Archived